NEUE REGEL IS HERE: TRF's Queensryche appreciation thread

fraroc

On 6/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

It was Pamela Moore I saw with Queensrŷche on their 1990 UK Empire tour.

I can’t remember if they played Operation Mindcrime in its entirety but they certainly played at least most of it 😎

Pamela Moore is an American singer-songwriter, mixing hard rock, heavy metal, melodic rock and industrial musicwhile her earlier years delved into pop and electronica. She currently resides in Seattle, Washington.

Pamela Moore
Moore in 2013
Moore in 2013

QueensrÿcheEdit

Moore has performed with Queensrÿche on several occasions, most notably on the song "Suite Sister Mary" on Queensrÿche's 1988 concept album Operation: Mindcrime. Following the album's commercial success, she started performing live with Queensrÿche, making her first public appearance with them on the 1990–1991 Empire tour, participating in the filming and recording of Operation: Livecrime, and later also on 2002's Live Evolution and 2006's Mindcrime at the Moore. In the studio, Moore revived her role as Sister Mary on the sequel album Operation: Mindcrime II, which was released in 2006.[1][2]

Moore has also performed with the version of Queensrÿche fronted by Todd La Torre in 2012, and in 2013, she provided vocals on the song "A World Without" on their self-titled album Queensrÿche.[7] At that album's release party, she performed "Suite Sister Mary", "Eyes of a Stranger", and "Silent Lucidity" with them.[8]

Only saw the Empire tour because they said they were playing all of Mindcrime live. Saw them open for Metallica a few years before that. But even better than those two shows was the Promised Land Tour. Never got any better than that for me. Last time I saw them live was the Hear In The Now Frontier tour which was ok, but I really missed DeGarmo. That was the last time I felt the need to see them live.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 6:42 PM, ytserush said:

Only saw the Empire tour because they said they were playing all of Mindcrime live. Saw them open for Metallica a few years before that. But even better than those two shows was the Promised Land Tour. Never got any better than that for me. Last time I saw them live was the Hear In The Now Frontier tour which was ok, but I really missed DeGarmo. That was the last time I felt the need to see them live.

Thanks for this confirmation 👍🙂

Your memory is clearly better than mine ! 😎

Plus I agree with you re : the importance of DeGarmo :yes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bathory said:

in fact, I'd say anyone who doesn't like mindcrime is quite retarded, and a poser. quite

we finally agree on something. queef.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2022 at 2:28 AM, bathory said:

in fact, I'd say anyone who doesn't like mindcrime is quite retarded, and a poser. quite

I really can't imagine how anyone couldn't love this album. I finally got into them this year and it blew me away!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

I really can't imagine how anyone couldn't love this album. I finally got into them this year and it blew me away!

Have you talked to your boy Mick lately? He can probably tell you why someone couldn't love it 😄

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you talked to your boy Mick lately? He can probably tell you why someone couldn't love it 😄

We definitely have to agree to disagree 😂

Queensryche at their finest is the amongst greatest of the greatest. From the debut up to Promised Land, I'd put them alongside Priest, Maiden, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody and Nightwish as my fave band that goes OTT.

Oh, and Savatage.

• Like 2

Took a few listens to adjust to the new QR album for me.  Once it all melded though… wow!!!  This one’s gonna be in regular rotation for a while…

DNA ROCKS!!!

I also really enjoyed the interview Rod in Toronto, you do an awesome job!

• Like 4

On 10/16/2022 at 8:39 PM, H to O said:

Took a few listens to adjust to the new QR album for me.  Once it all melded though… wow!!!  This one’s gonna be in regular rotation for a while…

DNA ROCKS!!!

I also really enjoyed the interview Rod in Toronto, you do an awesome job!

Thank you! That means a lot. I love the fact that Todd himself shared the interview on social media.

• Like 2

The new album is simply incredible. Best since Empire/Promised Land.....yeah it’s been that long since they had a complete album. And Digital Noise Alliance is it.

Chapters

Lost In Sorrow

Behind The Walls

Nocturnal Light

Out of the Black

Hold On

Tormentum

Are the giant slayers on this album. Not a single weak track.....not one. Everything sizzles. The playing is some of their best ever....and Casey Grillo on drums is the secret sauce. Best drumming I have ever heard on a QR record bar none. A tremendous production. The sound is fantastic. I own it on CD and it is amazing at very high volumes!!! No compression like streaming.....so damn good!!! Repeated listens....it keeps getting better and better.

Todd Latorre was the best thing to happen to QR. I have been a dedicated fan since Rage For Order. I saw them open for Ozzy and was hooked. But Geoff Tate and the band went sour and south.....and it is what it is. Then Todd came along....and boom, a rebirth. There last three records with Todd have led to this masterpiece. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2022 at 6:48 AM, Segue Myles said:

Check out the new record!!!! Incredible.

50 minutes ago, Todem said:

But Geoff Tate and the band went sour and south.....and it is what it is. Then Todd came along....and boom, a rebirth. There last three records with Todd have led to this masterpiece. 

I remember something about the band playing in parking lots at one point....  Glad they've recovered after losing Geoff.

Bought the EP when it first was available up in Canada and then bought every album when it was released up to Promised Land. That one I just hated for some reason. Never bought a QR album after that

Operation Mindcrime/Empire are my faves but The Warning has great nostalgia for me, kind of my biggest metal obsession period for me. It was tough for me to hold on to Rush back then because I loved the metal so much in 83/84/85

h1rBQRjAJsjP_aAgo9E_Cpv94Qz91ZSV7KF_PD5K

• Like 1

6 hours ago, taurus said:

Bought the EP when it first was available up in Canada and then bought every album when it was released up to Promised Land. That one I just hated for some reason. Never bought a QR album after that

Operation Mindcrime/Empire are my faves but The Warning has great nostalgia for me, kind of my biggest metal obsession period for me. It was tough for me to hold on to Rush back then because I loved the metal so much in 83/84/85

h1rBQRjAJsjP_aAgo9E_Cpv94Qz91ZSV7KF_PD5K

Oh wow! I'm a big fan of Promised Land! But it didn't live up to Empire 

55 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Promised Land didn't have to live up to Empire since it far exceeded it.

Do you think? I am game for a replay. I remember Empire and Promised Land both being exceptional, but I could be partial to Empire because I played PL less. But everything up to PL is pretty perfect to my ears. I haven't played the latest yet, the great reviews are very promising.

36 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Do you think? I am game for a replay. I remember Empire and Promised Land both being exceptional, but I could be partial to Empire because I played PL less. But everything up to PL is pretty perfect to my ears. I haven't played the latest yet, the great reviews are very promising.

I have never not thought Promised Land was the much better album. Empire is pretty good but there was something a little off with me when it came to commercial Ryche.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I have never not thought Promised Land was the much better album. Empire is pretty good but there was something a little off with me when it came to commercial Ryche.

I'm a newer fan so I'm still forming opinions on all the album's. O:M is easily my favourite. I am overdue an early discography relisten.

I really didn't like much after PL. I tried but nearly every album lost me like three songs in.

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh wow! I'm a big fan of Promised Land! But it didn't live up to Empire 

Yeah I will revisit Promised Land and see if I was just in a transitional phase. I was getting into other heavy bands at the time like Corrosion of Conformity and Cathedral which had a very different feel from QR. I haven't played Promised Land since it's release so I will try it out over the next week see if it was just me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, taurus said:

Yeah I will revisit Promised Land and see if I was just in a transitional phase. I was getting into other heavy bands at the time like Corrosion of Conformity and Cathedral which had a very different feel from QR. I haven't played Promised Land since it's release so I will try it out over the next week see if it was just me.

I love Cathedral! Definitely a whole different vibe

I consider Promised Land their most progressive album. It is quite dark and moody. A really great record. #4 for me all time though. I actually have Digital Noise Alliance above it at #3 as I love this new record big time. OM and Empire are my 1 and 2 respectively.