Geddy and Alex to participate in the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert in London...

Jag2112

On 8/27/2022 at 7:19 AM, thizzellewashington said:

Couldn't disagree with this more. The whole thing with Taylor and the reason so many people loved him (besides being a great drummer) is because of how much of a genuine rock fan he was and how contagious his enthusiasm was for his favorite bands. He'd probably be pretty stoked about the idea of Geddy and Alex playing a Rush song together in his memory.

At the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, there were bands playing their own music and bands playing Queen music.  Both seemed appropriate. 

On 8/30/2022 at 7:04 PM, NoahLutz said:

At the Freddie Mercury tribute concert, there were bands playing their own music and bands playing Queen music.  Both seemed appropriate. 

The bands were the warm up acts that night. It was full on Queen once the show proper started. 

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

The bands were the warm up acts that night. It was full on Queen once the show proper started. 

Even in the second half with Queen you had parts of Pinball Wizard, Kashmir, and Thank You.  Bowie performed Heroes, Hunter did All The Young Dudes.  

5 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

They only played Overture from 2112, then they went right into Working Man. He did a fine job singing on that one.

Yeah, but when was the last time he sang those oooh, ohhh parts? 80s? I'm impressed. And especially with 0 yodeling on Working Man... At 70. Man, Geddy needs to perform 2-3 times a year. Should be obligatory.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 1:25 PM, exiled yorkie said:

The foos have covered YYZ and Tom Sawyer, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do those two.

You were 50% correct. Omar Hakim is a heck of a drummer too.

On 8/25/2022 at 11:44 AM, JARG said:

My god, I hope they don't play a Rush song at the Taylor Hawkins tribute. That would as bad in taste as the Foos playing a Foos song at a Neil Peart tribute.

They didn't play a Rush song but played 3 or actually 2 and part of another.

Edited by BastillePark

I am catching up and watching some clips on You Tube.

It seems to me that during Working Man, Mr. Grohl is looking out at the guys and thinking "I thought you guys were retired?!"...breath...it can't last much longer...keep breathing...

I thought it sounded great!

• Like 2

Much better than expected. The whole show was very tastefully done. And Geddy and Alex did the perfect set for the occasion.  Overture to honor the hall of fame performance. Working Man  for Rutsey, Neil and Taylor and YYZ to honor both Taylor and Neil's memory.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rushman14 said:

Was there last night. So great to see the boys onstage again. It was an epic 6 hour show.

Glad you got to go! I'm hearing that it was filmed for later release so I hope to see it sometime . . .

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 2:35 AM, Lurkst said:

The boys played with Chad Smith and Danny Carey this time it seems. 

Doing their best to make several drummers' dreams come true :smile:

Those guys were also Neil's friends so it kind of made sense that way too.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:35 AM, Lurkst said:

Those guys were also Neil's friends so it kind of made sense that way too.