Geddy and Alex to participate in the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert in London...

Jag2112

On 6/18/2022 at 1:44 PM, ytserush said:

Don't feel the need to be there but I wouldn't mind watching it.  Don't think I need to hear a Rush tune at a Taylor Hawkins tribute concert either.

I figured if Geddy and Alex play it would be a Foo Fighters song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

I tend to agree.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

1 hour ago, Laurabw said:

I tend to agree.

Maybe they get with Nick, dress up like The Foos and return the tribute.

• Like 2

On 6/20/2022 at 1:03 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Does Ticketmaster scalp from itself?

Of course. Now that they can get away with it. I'm glad this crap didn't start until after Rush retired. It would be a lot more difficult to pull the plug on it.

I just saw "Legion Of Prog," a cover band, for $5 last night and totally got my money's worth and more. It wasn't the best show I've ever seen in my life. But it was enjoyable and it was nice to hear some songs I've never hear played live before.

• Like 2

On 6/15/2022 at 12:57 PM, blueschica said:

For those, who can't make it to London, there is a concert scheduled for L.A. as well, later on September 27th.  I thought it would be confusing to have two threads, so I'm putting it here.  The L.A. ticket sales starts tomorrow, at 9 am Pacific, Noon Eastern.  There are rumors of presale codes, but nothing concrete.

Anyone going?  Rushman14?  Rushhead (Earl)?  Treeduck (Pat)?  Ibanez (Simon)?  Rhyta?  Road trip!  Road trip!

aWMHuVWh.png

Blue (Becky), since no else has answered this question you asked, I'll, and have wanted to answer it.  I wasn't thinking, and planning on buying a concert ticket, and flying, and or driving to Los Angeles for Tues. Sept. 27.  The reason is it might be too awkward getting to.  Even if the tickets weren't sold out, too. 

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Absolute bummer that these kind of events are impossible to get tickets for. It’s at least 40% the ticket industry’s fault, but at least 50% can be chalked up to life’s not fair, which is sad but true.

• Like 1

Could it be possible?   Joan Jeff and Geddy and Alex sharing some tome backstage?

Just like old times.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:57 PM, blueschica said:

For those who can't make it to London, there is a concert scheduled for LA as well, later on September 27th.  Thought it would be confusing to have 2 threads so I'm putting it here.  LA ticket sale starts tomorrow, 9 am Pacific, Noon Eastern.  Rumors of presale codes but nothing concrete.

Anyone going?  Rushman14?  Rushhead Earl?  treeduck?       Ibanez?  Rhyta?  Road trip!  Road trip!

aWMHuVWh.png

I'll be at the London event. I've managed to buy a ticket an hour after the presale had started and even after it seemed it was sold out by that time. I got lucky by refreshing the page for about 100 times and secure a ticket after all.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Catch The Mystery said:

I'll be at the London event. I've managed to buy a ticket an hour after the presale had started and even after it seemed it was sold out by that time. I got lucky by refreshing the page for about 100 times and secure a ticket after all.

Fantastic! If you get a minute afterward, we would love to hear what it was like!

• Like 2

What was the name of that technology that a lot of us accessed for the final Rush tour - where people would hold their cellphones up and we could watch in real time?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toymaker said:

What was the name of that technology that a lot of us accessed for the final Rush tour - where people would hold their cellphones up and we could watch in real time?

Periscope

• Like 3

My god, I hope they don't play a Rush song at the Taylor Hawkins tribute. That would as bad in taste as the Foos playing a Foos song at a Neil Peart tribute.

2 hours ago, JARG said:

My god, I hope they don't play a Rush song at the Taylor Hawkins tribute. That would as bad in taste as the Foos playing a Foos song at a Neil Peart tribute.

You have a point, because then it makes it about them and not about Taylor.

We will see what they play.

I fail to comprehend how musicians who Taylor loved playing a song he loved in his memory could be in bad taste. 

Most charity all star tributes includes songs made famous by the guests. And hopefully extended jams.

I will be shocked if all they play is the foos.

Then again,  my interest has diminished greatly. A large part of the appeal of this show was to see ged and Alex play for the first time. Glad they jammed with primus first!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Laurabw said:

You have a point, because then it makes it about them and not about Taylor.

Considering Taylor was a massive Rush fan and covered the band at the R&R HoF, having one of his favorite bands play a song he loved would be totally fine. Ravi Shankar played one of his own songs when he played at the Concert for George was not at all in bad taste. 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 11:44 AM, JARG said:

Couldn't disagree with this more. The whole thing with Taylor and the reason so many people loved him (besides being a great drummer) is because of how much of a genuine rock fan he was and how contagious his enthusiasm was for his favorite bands. He'd probably be pretty stoked about the idea of Geddy and Alex playing a Rush song together in his memory.

• Like 5

On 8/24/2022 at 11:54 PM, blueschica said:

Recent photo of Alex, Geddy, Dave Grohl, and Omar Hakim (jazz drummer)  in rehearsal in Toronto for the London tribute  next week!

nYhhddel.png

Omar! This could be very sweet.

• Like 1

I think it's going to be similar to the Freddie Mercury Tribute: the band of the missing one (then Queen, now Foo Fighters) fronted by guest stars on voice or guitars, doing a FF song and a guest song... something like that.

• Like 1