Geddy and Alex to participate in the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert in London...

Jag2112

ohhh, you know, I just immediately assumed they would play, but yeah, they might just get up there and talk about him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tangy said:

The headline says that they will perform, but the article itself says nothing.  I am skeptical.  

2 hours ago, Laurabw said:

ohhh, you know, I just immediately assumed they would play, but yeah, they might just get up there and talk about him.

I was thinking the same thing as you, that they must be playing, but you are right. They just may talk and introduce another act or something. Not that I am able to get to London anyway! :eh:

• Like 1

I think perhaps if they DO play, it would just be in some kind of giant jam at the end.

• Like 2

My guess is since almost everyone listed to play is a solo artist, that everyone is going to play as a guest with some incarnation of the foos. So like, Ged and Alex play with Dave drumming and maybe Rami on keys. Now, what songs they play, that’s the question!

• Like 4

Now if we could only get Alex and Ged to play at the benefit for another drummer.  The event in St. Catharines.

• Like 1

For those who can't make it to London, there is a concert scheduled for LA as well, later on September 27th.  Thought it would be confusing to have 2 threads so I'm putting it here.  LA ticket sale starts tomorrow, 9 am Pacific, Noon Eastern.  Rumors of presale codes but nothing concrete.

Anyone going?  Rushman14?  Rushhead Earl?  treeduck?       Ibanez?  Rhyta?  Road trip!  Road trip!

aWMHuVWh.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I think we need a Peart memorial concert no?

I know there is an upcoming memorial, but I don’t think it’s a show.

Also - I think this London concert is a strong indicator of a future Ged/Al/Dave collaboration.

Edited by chemistry1973

2 hours ago, chemistry1973 said:

…I think this London concert is a strong indicator of a future Ged/Al/Dave collaboration.

Wouldn’t that be great?  I’ve been dreaming of that for years!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blueschica said:

For those who can't make it to London, there is a concert scheduled for LA as well, later on September 27th.  Thought it would be confusing to have 2 threads so I'm putting it here.  LA ticket sale starts tomorrow, 9 am Pacific, Noon Eastern.  Rumors of presale codes but nothing concrete.

Anyone going?  Rushman14?  Rushhead Earl?  treeduck?       Ibanez?  Rhyta?  Road trip!  Road trip!

aWMHuVWh.png

Some of my favorite drummers on that bill!

• Like 1

Oh man, I just bought plane tickets to fly to LA the day after the concert (I'm flying to see Porcupine Tree at the Greek Sept 30.)  Well, it would take alot to change the ticket and everything now; plus, I imagine tickets to this show might be hard to obtain (at least for reasonable $)

22 hours ago, cygnify said:

Oh man, I just bought plane tickets to fly to LA the day after the concert (I'm flying to see Porcupine Tree at the Greek Sept 30.)  Well, it would take alot to change the ticket and everything now; plus, I imagine tickets to this show might be hard to obtain (at least for reasonable $)

Most airlines waived change fees in the COVID era so it might not cost you anything to change.  Worth looking.

• Like 1

Did anyone manage to get tickets to either show?

I went on Ticketbastard shortly after on sale time for the LA show (wasn't planning on actually getting at ticket, but was curious about price) and had to wait about 20 minutes until I got my turn in line.   As expected, all tickets were already sold out.

I woke up 15 minutes late to try and snag a ticket. It was 15 minutes too late.

…and have you seen the scalpers??? Dear goodness, this is a tribute concert for a man who died far too soon and left a distinguished legacy. Who are these jerks reselling immediately after they bought tickets for *at least* a 400% markup???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Ticketmaster usually. 

Does Ticketmaster scalp from itself?

• Like 1