a3147734832_10.jpg

1. Forward
2. willibelongtoyou
3. Spirit Of The Moonrise
4. First Time
5. Queen Charade
6. All The Tears That Shine
7. Lucy

If you’ve listened to music in the last 50 years you were hearing David Paich. Besides being the co-founder of iconic rockband TOTO, he has contributed to more than 2000 albums. Music is the soundtrack of our lives, and David is one of its architects.

Like most treasured mementos and keepsakes, we hold on to songs forever. We dust them off when we need them, put them back on the shelf, and discover them again months or sometimes years down the line. With his diverse catalogue, he has been kicking around song ideas for a solo album for some time. The COVID lockdown presented Paich the opportunity to revisit those songs, and the result being a collection of tunes that he has carried in my head for years. He shares, “It seemed like it was time to put something together. Some of these really are forgotten toys. It had been a while since I’ve been in my studio and I found myself listening to these little pieces continuously. I kept rediscovering them, hoping to fit the tracks together like a musical puzzle.”

For as much as it may be a “solo” album, Paich couldn’t help but invite a few friends to play. Joined by Joseph Williams as co-producer and sometimes co-vocalist, he welcomed everyone from Toto’s Steve Lukather to Brian Eno, Michael McDonald, Ray Parker Jr., Don Felder, and Steve Jordan of The Rolling Stones.

The album cover artwork provides a poetically nostalgic representation of the concept. It features a variety of memories Paich’s wife has held onto over the years. “I hope this will give everyone a glimpse into another side of me, one they’ve never heard in a musical context.”

Music is the soundtrack of our life. For David, music is much more than the soundtrack of his life. As one of its architects, it is his life. 

releases August 19, 2022

• Like 3

Excited for this! For me, the most underrated singer/songwriter in Toto.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Finally something for me to look forward too..  this year has sucked for new albums (for me)  so far.  but i'm intrigued for this.

Mick

I'm excited!

• Like 3