This actor reminds me of Neil Peart

treeduck

He’s acquainted with the Boston Dawsons. The reason he didn’t survive the sinking of the Titanic is because he only had one life to live.

Edited by JARG

That is actor Eric Braeden (born Hans Gudegast in Keil, Germany).

It's interesting you've pointed-out a similarity.  Neil appeared in a 1982 episode of The Young and the Restless as Victor Newman's (Eric Braeden's character) son.*

*This statement may be a slight fabrication.  Actually, it might be a complete fabrication.  Okay.  It's totally false.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

Also in one of the Planet of the Apes sequels, the one where two of the apes go back in time and become the progenitors of the ape race. 

I was shocked to see him in a recent theatrical movie since he's mostly soap opera and TV based.  I streamed that Gerard Butler action movie, Den of Thieves, on Showtime a couple of years ago and he's got a small role in that one.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 2:17 AM, treeduck said:

I just saw this guy on TV in CHIPS, and I was thinking "that bloke reminds me of Neil Peart!" He's not exactly like him but there's a Peart vibe about him:

eric-braeden-ca1980-picture-id135869799?

Brothers from a different mother!  For sure.  Yes, anyone that was ever near a soap opera in the 80s, 90s, or beyond saw Victor Newman and his wife Nikki all the time.  Braeden kind of reminds me of Tom Selleck a bit in that he is really good on tv but seems to lack a little something on the big screen in movies. 

He was in Chips?  I don't remember, I must have missed that one!  My daughter loved that show and I sat through many hours of it.:biggrin:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Brothers from a different mother!  For sure.  Yes, anyone that was ever near a soap opera in the 80s, 90s, or beyond saw Victor Newman and his wife Nikki all the time.  Braeden kind of reminds me of Tom Selleck a bit in that he is really good on tv but seems to lack a little something on the big screen in movies. 

He was in Chips?  I don't remember, I must have missed that one!  My daughter loved that show and I sat through many hours of it.:biggrin:

Chips looks a wee bit dated but ok.

Meanwhile try this:

3 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Chips looks a wee bit dated but ok.

Meanwhile try this:

Haha, yes!  The Chips guys were handsome is about all I remember.  You will have to tell me what the video is ??  It is saying unavailable for me, sad US resident.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Haha, yes!  The Chips guys were handsome is about all I remember.  You will have to tell me what the video is ??  It is saying unavailable for me, sad US resident.

Try this link instead: