Random man from the pub plays Metallica song better than Lars Ulrich even though he never heard it before...

treeduck

He did a good job but he did not play it better than Lars. He didn't have the aggression in his playing and he completely f***ed up the bridge and outro. Also, anyone over the age of ten who claims on YouTube that they have never heard Enter Sandman before is full of shit. There are kids being born right now who already know the song. That's how huge it is.

12 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

He did a good job but he did not play it better than Lars. He didn't have the aggression in his playing and he completely f***ed up the bridge and outro. Also, anyone over the age of ten who claims on YouTube that they have never heard Enter Sandman before is full of shit. There are kids being born right now who already know the song. That's how huge it is.

That's all very well, but anyway check out my youtube video treeduck reacts to Enter Sandman when hearing it for the very first time ever, ever, ever, cross my heart!

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

That's all very well, but anyway check out my youtube video treeduck reacts to Enter Sandman when hearing it for the very first time ever, ever, ever, cross my heart!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, treeduck said:

Not sure he’s a random man from the pub. Pretty sure he’s a pro drummer.

He does the song justice I guess.  I'd be more interested in hearing what he could come up given the song to work out his own of parts (he does a few embellishments that indicate it would be a cool exercise).  Lars by this time was clearly in some sort of decline, physically or inspirationally.  Pretty much any average metal drummer could probably come up with a more 'interesting' part, although listening to this guy play and hearing Lars's parts playing in my mind and noting where this guy misses, is a testament to Lars's parts being an underrated component in the song.

I love this guy's 'vibe' though, super down to earth and kiling it = humble.

Edited by stoopid