Depeche Mode keyboard player Andy Fletcher dies aged 60

treeduck

Damn! Long time fan. Sorry to hear this news.

My condolences to Depeche Mode, their families, and anyone or thing associated with them.

RIP Andy Fletcher :rose:

• Like 1

Like Treeduck, I wouldn't call myself a big fan of Depeche Mode, but this was yet another untimely death of a well respected musician.

RIP Andy.

• Like 2

I was more of a rock fan in the 80's but I was definitely aware of Depeche Mode.  A friend sent me this video today and it's so cheerful, it is appreciated in a dark week.  I had to laugh that Fletcher isn't even miked for his voice here; his contribution was definitely the keyboard!  RIP, Andy Fletcher.  This is too young to lose him.  :rose:

• Like 3

Todays been bad.  White, Liotta and now him.  Got into them and post punk bands like Cure, Smiths, Duran, Police, Furs et al in fall 99 when I started college.  They were a breath of fresh air when KROQ ditched good alt rock for broflake Bizkit crap.  I expect Richard Blade to do a tribute on SiriusXM 1st wave since it’s his favorite band and he’s good friends with the band.  He even named his autobiography, “World in My Eyes” and played a big part in Gahan’s life when he flatlined before coming back to life.  Worth reading if you’re into new wave music.

RIP

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  I'm not a big, and huge "Depeche Mode" fan, but I respect the band, and group.  He will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, and sympathies, to his family, and friends.  R.I.P., Andy.

• Like 1