RIP Ray Liotta, 1954-2022.

pjbear05

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster. Ray didn’t have too many great roles but it would have been almost impossible to top his part in Goodfellas and the way he brought Henry Hill to life.

RIP Ray.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to RIP Ray Liotta, 1954-2022.

RIP  :rose:  to a great, great, character actor.  He was just so excellent in Goodfellas.  

He was also in a little movie in 1994, called Corrina, Corrina.  In the movie his wife dies and he is trying to raise the sweetest ever 3 year old girl; it's not cutesy though.  He hires Whoopi Goldberg as a housekeeper/nanny  and eventually they fall in love but it's the early 60's.  Just a very sweet film that was one of my daughter's favorites- I think it may even be out of print.  Anyway, he was great in it and it showed he had a much broader acting range than the criminals/psychopaths he later specialized in.

He was so perfect in Field of Dreams as well.  He was Shoeless Joe Jackson, and the look on his face is priceless when he delivers the Ty Cobb line- "Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!"   That's too young to be gone.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Oh, what a loss. Great energy guy. My shoutout role for him was in Copland, the Stallone pic; he did such a great job there.

Enjoy that great craft services table in the sky . . .

• Like 5

Since Goodfellas will be mentioned a lot and rightfully so since it’s still a great movie, I have to mention one of the most underrated movies of all time and his breakthrough role.  Say hi to Jonathan Demme for all of us,  Ray.  RIP

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

RIP  :rose:  to a great, great, character actor.  He was just so excellent in Goodfellas.  

He was also in a little movie in 1994, called Corrina, Corrina.  In the movie his wife dies and he is trying to raise the sweetest ever 3 year old girl; it's not cutesy though.  He hires Whoopi Goldberg as a housekeeper/nanny  and eventually they fall in love but it's the early 60's.  Just a very sweet film that was one of my daughter's favorites- I think it may even be out of print.  Anyway, he was great in it and it showed he had a much broader acting range than the criminals/psychopaths he later specialized in.

He was so perfect in Field of Dreams as well.  He was Shoeless Joe Jackson, and the look on his face is priceless when he delivers the Ty Cobb line- "Ty Cobb wanted to play, but none of us could stand the son-of-a-bitch when we were alive, so we told him to stick it!"   That's too young to be gone.

I saw that in theaters with dad on Father’s Day when I was 8 going on 9.  He said that it was a great Father’s Day gift.  Same time I started going to Angels baseball games when I visited him on weekends in Garden Grove.  Theater was not too far away and the legendary cinemadome in Orange that is no more.

Inspired a hilarious MST3K skit.

“Traded soup recipes with Kurt Russell.” :laugh:

• Like 1

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  He was a magnificent, and fantastic actor, who was in classic, and great movies.  He will be missed, and remembered to the world, and entertainment industry.  It's a loss, and sad.  My condolences, and sympathies, to his family, and friends.  R.I.P., Ray.

Edited by Derek19

2 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

I loved it when he poked fun at that scene on SNL when he hosted around the time Narc came out.

I missed that. Haven't watched SNL in, oh, 40 years.  :old:

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Yeah, like the Star Trek parodies. 

Mostly the 70's guys, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase and John Belushi. I've no idea who does it now. Alec Baldwin doing Trump?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

Mostly the 70's guys, Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase and John Belushi. I've no idea who does it now. Alec Baldwin doing Trump?

Or doing time. 

• Like 1