Keyboard maestro Vangelis dead at 79

zepphead

Oh this is sad, he has contributed so many lovely soundtracks to society.  RIP to a legend :sad::rose:

• Like 3

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  He was an amazing Greek musician, and composer.  I like, have, and listen to some of his music.  He will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, and sympathies, to his family, and friends.  R.I.P., Evangelos (Vangelis). 

• Like 3

Wow, this is surprising.  I remember going through a New Age phase during my first year in college, and Vangelis was one of the main people I listened to during that, even though he had been around long before.  I had actually purchased a couple of the Jon and Vangelis records a couple of years before when I was still in high school.  I think I had heard Th Friends of Mr. Cairo one night on the radio, and I had to have it.  Then I heard Heaven and Hell, and Jon Anderson singing on "So Long Ago, So Clear."  Years later, it was another Jon and Vangelis collaboration with "Italian Song."  Just truly beautiful music.

And I'll always remember the music from the wine commercial back in 1987 (Was it Gallo wine?) and it just sounded like Vangelis, and it actually was.

I guess I'm going down a Vangelis rabbit-hole today.

I saw Jon Anderson 10 years ago ? and he told a very funny story about the first time he met Vangelis.

RIP