What song did Rush open their Power Windows tour with?

New_World_Man

I recently bought the live Grace Under Pressure tour album (cd) and noticed the show opens with Spirit Of Radio. The guy I went to see Rush with in 1987 (for HYF) said he would bet us (me and the other guy) 100 dollars (or whatever) that they would open with Spirit of Radio but they didn't. So I'm just curious about Power Windows. I don 't know if this guy saw the PoW tour or not.

Edited by New_World_Man

Spirit Of The Radio was the opener for the entire PoW tour (and indeed the Grace Under Pressure tour) as far as I am aware.

• Like 2

My first two Rush concerts I've seen them perform in person were "Grace Under Pressure Tour", and "Power Windows Tour".  On both of those tours, their first song to start with was "the Spirit of Radio".  On their "New World Tour (Signals)", it was "the Spirit of Radio", too, and "Hold Your Fire Tour", it was "the Big Money".  You're welcome.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 8:13 AM, Lurkst said:

"Spirit" was their most used opening song. Kicking off the set on the Signals, GUP, Power Windows and Time Machine tours.

Yeah it’s a great track to open a gig with

:alex::Neil::geddy::rush: 

On 5/19/2022 at 12:29 PM, New_World_Man said:

I recently bought the live Grace Under Pressure tour album (cd) and noticed the show opens with Spirit Of Radio. The guy I went to see Rush with in 1987 (for HYF) said he would bet us (me and the other guy) 100 dollars (or whatever) that they would open with Spirit of Radio but they didn't. So I'm just curious about Power Windows. I don 't know if this guy saw the PoW tour or not.

I'm vaguely recall I may have been thinking they'd open with The Spirit Of Radio as well at that time since it was two tours in a row at that point.

I forgot about looking at setlistfm. This is usually my goto place for all things Rush so I figured someone on here would know. Anyway, thanks for the responses! 

On 5/19/2022 at 5:19 PM, Derek19 said:

My first two Rush concerts I've seen them perform in person were "Grace Under Pressure Tour", and "Power Windows Tour".  On both of those tours, their first song to start with was "the Spirit of Radio".  On their "New World Tour (Signals)", it was "the Spirit of Radio", too, and "Hold Your Fire Tour", it was "the Big Money".

HYF was the first Rush concert I saw but it was so long ago I forgot what they opened with. I know it wasn't SoR. Big Money sounds about right. Thanks.

• Like 1