10 Worst Prog Songs

custom55

The Genesis title track isn't a prog song at all. Tonight (3x) and Domino are more in that vein.  Also, LTF is far from the least good song on Momentary and not even the most dated.  Yet Another Movie/Round and Round would like to have a word with you.

Edited by invisible airwave

I'll go albums rather than songs - 

ELP - Love Island

Jethro Tull - Under Wraps

• Like 1

I enjoy this guy's videos, even if I don't always agree with him.  And I don't know all the songs he mentions...

Although it will never make any of my "best of" playlists...I've never understood the hatred for Rivendell.  It outstays its welcome for sure, but I actually like, in the context of the record, that it's this gentle, intimate tune.  I had never heard the story of them falling asleep during the mix....I wonder if a bit more work was done on it, maybe some interesting subtle drumming and a better vocal take in some spots might have saved it from being so maligned...

I don't think Invisible Touch even counts as prog, so it's funny to see it on the list.  He talks about it being indiscernible from Collins' solo work, but I believe it's a Rutherford song - which makes sense because it has a Mike and the Mechanics vibe to it.  I wonder how this guy feels about More Fool Me from Selling England...

And I think Learning To Fly is a great song - it's not Dogs or Shine On or anything, but it can sit beside a song like Fearless just fine... 

5 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

If we did this in the "add to the list," format with an unlimited cap, my post count would go through the roof.

:rofl1:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tony R said:

Love Beach?

Hehehe ... yes!!! I was confusing a crappy reality show with a crappy prog album!!! It's a senior moment!!! :old:

• Like 1