Spinal Tap 2.0...good idea or no?

?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. good idea or nah?

I saw this story yesterday, and I`m pretty happy about it. I trust the people involved enough to know they`d only do it if it was a worthwhile endeavour. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, treeduck said:

Hollywood is just reboots, remakes, sequels and films about comic book characters that were written 50 years ago. They're out of ideas

You're right. But I live in hope that the guys with Spinal Tap have enough savvy as with the 1st offering, they do some thing worth while and GOOD. I could be wrong.

13 hours ago, treeduck said:

Hollywood is just reboots, remakes, sequels and films about comic book characters that were written 50 years ago. They're out of ideas

Mostly been that way for at least 30 years.....

• Like 2

Everyone involved as a primary creator with the original is a master of their craft.  If it's 50% as funny as the first one I'd be ecstatic.

I have a copy of Break Like the Wind collecting dust somewhere.  Something along those lines would be a complete disaster and embarrassment.

20 hours ago, treeduck said:

I get it why a lot of people are against it. I find the premise to match the cynicism of whats going on now. I just think it could work. Sounds plausible. It's just gotta be done right.

• Like 1

As much as I hate lazy sequels and re-boots, this one could actually work given the music industry is much more different now. Plus if they can skewer the damn near ancient rock bands still performing arena shows. I'll just wait and see. 

I would LOVE to be proven wrong on this, because Tap is in my top 10 films of all time...but I think it's a bad idea.  If you look at Christopher Guest's last film, Mascots, it could not hold a candle to Waiting For Guffman - it's just a tired, lazy, carbon copy of better films.  I'm really scared that the Spinal Tap sequel is going to be similar.  The last thing I remember them doing in character, some interview segments that came with the Back From The Dead album, were pretty lacklustre and really did feel lazy.  Those 4 guys and their supporting cast made one of the funniest movies of all time - I'd really be disappointed if they tarnished it.  As I said, it would be a big damn smile if they prove me wrong.

• Like 1

I thought they already made a sequel.  It wasn't that good, so I don't think this Spinal Tap 2 would be a good idea.  But as others have mentioned, I too hope I am wrong and would love to see another classic.

""A two-hour, made-for-TV sequel, The Return of Spinal Tap, was broadcast and released on video in 1992 to promote Break Like the Wind. It consisted mostly of footage from an actual Spinal Tap concert at the Royal Albert Hall. In it the "Stonehenge" joke from the original movie is referenced, as the new, large prop is instead too big to get into the venue.""

3 minutes ago, apetersvt said:

I do like the amp capo bit (at the 41:27 mark)