Masters of the Guitar Solo

ST3V

5 hours ago, stoopid said:

Treeduck, am I really supposed to watch all these videos?  Are you going to reimburse my time to take off work to do so?

As I was posting the videos I was thinking the whole time: "I wonder if stoopid will watch each one of these videos. Maybe I should stop and phone him to see if he will, and if not I'll edit all the videos out." NOT! :biggrin:

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

As I was posting the videos I was thinking the whole time: "I wonder if stoopid will watch each one of these videos. Maybe I should stop and phone him to see if he will, and if not I'll edit all the videos out."

You should have gone with your instincts/gut and posted Satriani.

As much as I love all the technical Yngwie, Lane , Petrucci , Bumblefoot , Satch type players :musik19::notworthy:

I also appreciate the melodic solos of Luke & Schon & Brian May  :pirate::yes:

• Like 3

Spoiler

Holdsworth at his most rocking! Wanted to post because Eddie Van Halen got this album arranged for him as he was a big fan of him and was hoping to produce it but couldn't make it in the end. 

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
Incorrectly used spoiler

here's two songs in particular i've been enjoying a lot recently, not sure about the players on the whole but these are great guitar-centric songs.

next-gen yngwie, it's annoying how high the bar is being set for metal players now lol:

makes me want to listen to more jazz for sure:

On 5/11/2022 at 6:01 PM, Timbale said:

Marc Ribot - a madman/master

Not necessarily my fave but nice to have something a bit different posted here. 

Have heard plaudits for Marc Ribot before so much check him out a bit more. I presume he's on more than just Tom Waits' pieces.

Sliding into another different style there's always Santana:-

https://youtu.be/JAsfAuvFvh8

I actually find Samba Pa Ti a bit boring and love it when he and band speed up a bit but it's more of a band vibe then with them all pitching in here and there and his solos being interspersed throughout:-