What 55"- 65" TV do you have that you love? Ours bit the dust.

blueschica

Any recommendations?  We had (and still have) 2 Samsung 32 inch tvs that we got at Thanksgiving sales. (First world problem, I know. My sister bought one of them for visits because she can't sleep w/o a tv in her room.)

The pictures looked so good that when we got a 55 inch tv 2 years ago we went with Samsung as well.  A transformer blew out on our street last week and made a bunch of voltage flickers.  The tv was acting weird ever since then and today made a big buzzing noise and died.  Might look into whether we can replace the motherboard but might end up getting a new one.  What do you have?  Do you like it?  Sound less important than picture.

Edited by blueschica

I am a picture snob!  Lol!  Maybe it's my photography back ground?  Soooo many to choose from and it depends on what you watch.  For instance when watching your Penguins fight for the Stanley Cup I would prefer 120 Hz refresh rate.  Look at the site: rtings.com.  They are in depth but also point to best TV's in every category.  Look at the company Hisense.  They seem to be taking the market by storm with good prices for really good specs compared to the big dogs: LG, Samsung, Sony...

• Like 1

I bought a 65" Sony Bravia in 2017, and it's still working just fine.  I've always been happy with Sony. 

I would like to upgrade to a better model - maybe next year.  

• Like 3

Just got a TCL on Amazon last March.  My old LG TV I purchased at Target that I've had since February 2015 kept flashing in a dark tone at the bottom half and I had enough of that.  I've got one more payment on it in a few weeks since it's for 3 months.  This one has two HDMIs instead of one so it's nice that I can plug both Roku and Apple in.

Edited by invisible airwave

We have an 65 inch LG OLED and really like it. We've had it for about 2 and a half years and haven't had any issues. We did add a sound bar for better audio and have it connected to the stereo for watching stuff like Rush in Rio.

• Like 1

We've got a Sony Bravia I purchased back in '09 (the back of the TV indicates it was manufactured in March 2009, and it seems I acquired it that May).  It has performed faithfully all these years.  If one were to purchase a new Bravia, it'd likely be a Bravia XR with Mini-LEDs, 4k or 8k, OLED (maybe), HDR, etcetera, etcetera. 

I hardly feel an urge to upgrade so an absurd desire to attain a barely perceptible improvement in resolution or color saturation may be fulfilled.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the info!   :new_thumbsupsmileyanim:    Still shopping and will probably be making a decision tomorrow.  Hard to believe that when I was very little, we had the rabbit ears set that got all 4 Pittsburgh channels!  Big time fun! :biggrin:

• Like 2

Got this 55 Sony at Costco 2 years ago.   No issues at all.   Love it.

Sony XBR-55X850G

I had a Sony for 11 years before, that just wouldn't quit.  I upgraded for the new tech/apps/etc.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 2:04 AM, Principled Man said:

I bought a 65" Sony Bravia in 2017, and it's still working just fine.  I've always been happy with Sony. 

I would like to upgrade to a better model - maybe next year.  

For sure,  I will stick with Sony for the time being, no issues whatsoever.  Got such a good deal with this Bravia 55" at the time so couldn't resist.  Panasonic have also been consistently good to us over the years.

OP, which TV did you opt for in the end?

2 hours ago, Steevo said:

For sure,  I will stick with Sony for the time being, no issues whatsoever.  Got such a good deal with this Bravia 55" at the time so couldn't resist.  Panasonic have also been consistently good to us over the years.

OP, which TV did you opt for in the end?

We ended up getting  a  TCL Series 5 Roku tv. We absolutely loved our Samsung but after 2 years of dying HDMI ports and other electrical issues, we were afraid to try samsung again. A good friend has had a similar TCL for a fee years and they were very happy. Ours is great so far!

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 4:50 PM, treeduck said:

Mine is a Panasonic, I can't remember what model it is though.

Same.

• Like 1

Blue (Becky), I wanted to say this.  I haven't needed to buy another new t.v. I had a Toshiba 27" flat screen t.v., which I bought because my other t.v. I owned the picture tube was worn.  At the time, Toshiba 27" flat screen t.vs were coming out, and popular.  My parents owned a Sony Bravia 47" t.v., and they gave it to me.  They bought, and owned a Samsung 55", then after nine years, the t.v. was turning on, and off, automatically.  They didn't know what part was wrong to be maybe, replaced, and the cost, so they bought a Sony Bravia 65", recently.  For owning t.vs, and what I know, now, I think Sony is a great brand to buy, and purchase.  You're welcome.   

Edited by Derek19