Bruce Springsteen: Albums Elimination (Round 3)

Bruce Springsteen: Albums Elimination (Round 3)  

9 members have voted

1. 1. You have chosen to immunize the TWO that are...

• Born to Run (1975)
    • Darkness on the Edge of Town (1978)
    • The River (1980)
    • Nebraska (1982)
    • Born in the U.S.A. (1984)
    • Tunnel of Love (1987)
    • Lucky Town (1992)
    • The Rising (2002)
    • Devils & Dust (2005)
    • Magic (2007)
    • Working on a Dream (2009)
    • Wrecking Ball (2012)
    • Western Stars (2019)
    • Letter to You (2020)
  2. 2. You have chosen to eliminate the TWO that are...

• Born to Run (1975)
    • Darkness on the Edge of Town (1978)
    • The River (1980)
    • Nebraska (1982)
    • Born in the U.S.A. (1984)
    • Tunnel of Love (1987)
    • Lucky Town (1992)
    • The Rising (2002)
    • Devils & Dust (2005)
    • Magic (2007)
    • Working on a Dream (2009)
    • Wrecking Ball (2012)
    • Western Stars (2019)
    • Letters To You (2020)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/22 at 08:00 PM

The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle and High Hopes have been eliminated.

19. Human Touch (1992)

18. The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995)

17. Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)

16. High Hopes (2014)

15. The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle (1973)

Edited by _hi_water._
  • Like 1

The fact that Greetings and The Wild are out already means I think this entire concept is being voted for by people who know little of his discography.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

The fact that Greetings and The Wild are out already means I think this entire concept is being voted for by people who know little of his discography.

Most of these have been like that. I’ve never heard Greetings, but based on how fantastic Wild and Born 1 are, I’d be surprised if I liked it much less.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Most of these have been like that. I’ve never heard Greetings, but based on how fantastic Wild and Born 1 are, I’d be surprised if I liked it much less.

Honestly I think you would love his entire seventies run.

However what makes me so happy is that I now realise I think I could keep Western Stars up til the top three 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Honestly I think you would love his entire seventies run.

However what makes me so happy is that I now realise I think I could keep Western Stars up til the top three 

Greetings is the only one from that run I haven’t got to yet. Honestly I’d kinda written off the idea of getting any more Springsteen because I just haven’t been in much of a mood for him at all since Covid hit. I had been listening to Western Stars and a bunch of other 70s west coast soft rock country rock type albums a lot in the previous summer, but instead of being a recurring part of my taste I think Covid times just left me with no stomachs for anything like that. All that is to provide context when I say I think I could be talked into checking out Greetings relatively soon. I kind of forgot it existed.

I've owned only one album, Tunnel of Love.

That gets my vote.

I've seen Bruce in concert probably 10 times but I really don't listen to him.

I got to this poll late ..... sorry to see his first two albums have gone. I liked them way way more than a bunch of his later albums.

In fact I would say that his first 5 albums would be my favoutite 5!

21 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

This is true. Though, I do know of all his stuff, but just was never a fan of his earliest works. Though I know in the group of long time fans, I'm in the minority.

Edited by Laurabw

39 minutes ago, Laurabw said:

This is true. Though, I do know of all his stuff, but just was never a fan of his earliest works. Though I know in the group of long time fans, I'm in the minority.

You're not a tr00 fan 

Jk

I know it's all totally subjective...but the fact that The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle has been eliminated before most of his later work is astounding to me.  It's better, more interesting, more funky and more challenging that much of his later albums.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Timbale said:

I know it's all totally subjective...but the fact that The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle has been eliminated before most of his later work is astounding to me.  It's better, more interesting, more funky and more challenging that much of his later albums.

New York City Serenade by itself is absolutely flawless and enough to keep the album high for me.

• Like 2

So I actually went back and looked at the poll results for the last round.  The Wild did loose based on hi water’s standard system, but it only had 2 votes to eliminate. No one voted to save it. I think if all the Springsteen fans had voiced their opinions or paid attention to the poll, it would likely have stuck around. Voter turnout is very low for this series, which would seem odd since I know Bruce has generated a lot of discussion and listening around here before. My guess is people aren’t checking out polls for artists they may be interested in, may even love, because there are so many polls going at once and most people just scroll right past them, or browse a different sub forum all together. If this particular elimination series had been a one off (not that it would have but just hypothetically), I think The Wild would stick around a lot longer and a lot more people would be voting.

On 5/3/2022 at 10:42 PM, Segue Myles said:

SM , what would be your All time Top 3 please my good sir ? 🤔

( I want to learn more about which Albums to check out ) 

ta 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex’s Amazing Arpeggios said:

SM , what would be your All time Top 3 please my good sir ? 🤔

( I want to learn more about which Albums to check out ) 

ta 

My top three are:

1. Born To Run 

2. The River 

3. Darkness On The Edge Of Town 

It's a fairly standard list lol

My top five would be rounded out with Magic and The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

My top three are:

1. Born To Run 

2. The River 

3. Darkness On The Edge Of Town 

It's a fairly standard list lol

My top five would be rounded out with Magic and The Wild, The Innocent And The E Street Shuffle

Ta for info 👍 I’ll give them all a listen 😎

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 10:19 PM, _hi_water._ said:

The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle and High Hopes have been eliminated.

19. Human Touch (1992)

18. The Ghost of Tom Joad (1995)

17. Greetings from Asbury Park, N.J. (1973)

16. High Hopes (2014)

15. The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle (1973)

Hello Hi_Water 

Your Polls are now being solely missed my good sir :notworthy::yes: ️and many , many of us are hoping you will be resuming very soon 

🤞😎