The New World Tour 1982-1983… Do Any Soundboards exist?

TheGhostRider

In the past I did research on this particular topic but I’m still not sure if this was ever 100 percent verified. During my research I could not find any evidence that a soundboard recording of the New World Tour exists. At least not publicly. Was this ever confirmed or denied by the band or anyone close to them? I would love to see a full live show from that tour if they do a fancy reissue for Signals. 

3 hours ago, ytserush said:

If the reissue campaign continues, we may find out. They might have to slow down the tempo as many of the shows that do exist from that period are "quick."

that's true! Odd - maybe the boys got a bit into the Devil's Dandruff back then

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ytserush said:

If the reissue campaign continues, we may find out. They might have to slow down the tempo as many of the shows that do exist from that period are "quick."

I'd hope not, you want to hear a representation of the band on stage at that time.

Pretty much what has been said: none in public circulation. As far as I'm aware, none in private circulation either.

Though I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a few years ago that the band made sure to record several shows from every single tour starting from I think 1980(?) and onward, but don't take my word on that until someone can find that source. Whether that means they made random board recordings for the sake of it, or had specific shows professionally recorded to multitrack, I don't know/remember. I've tried finding where I read that multiple times in the past, but I've not been able to find it.

If we get Signals 40th Anniversary in 2023, we'll find out. My most likely guess of where they may have decided to record, would at least be Toronto 15, 16, and/or 17 of November 1982, and maybe some of the May 1983 shows in Europe.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 12:29 AM, taurus said:

that's true! Odd - maybe the boys got a bit into the Devil's Dandruff back then

I am not convinced it was coke doing the sudden increase in temps, but rather a desire to play all the material they wanted and get it done in 2 hours or less.

They were that quick every night it seems.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 78jazz said:

I am not convinced it was coke doing the sudden increase in temps, but rather a desire to play all the material they wanted and get it done in 2 hours or less.

They were that quick every night it seems.

Yeah, just my attempt at humour - I don't really think the guys had coke habits

1 hour ago, taurus said:

Yeah, just my attempt at humour - I don't really think the guys had coke habits

Habits, no.  Occasional use, yes.  They actually discuss this in the recent interview with George Stroumboulopoulos.

On 4/30/2022 at 6:33 AM, Lurkst said:

I'd hope not, you want to hear a representation of the band on stage at that time.

I don't know if Geddy would allow it. i wouldn't mind the tempo being off either but we know Geddy still seems to have problems with "warts and all" performances.