Jump to content

The Warning


Recommended Posts

EP, I don't know if you decided to go to their show tonight or not. But there will probably be a recording or ten of it on YouTube after since it's a headlining show. Apparently, some fans find it more important to a good video recording of them instead of paying attention to the performance  😄

Edited by J2112YYZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

EP, I don't know if you decided to go to their show tonight or not. But there will probably be a recording or ten of it on YouTube after since it's a headlining show. Apparently, some fans find it more important to a good video recording of them instead of paying attention to the performance  😄

I won’t get to go. Not unless this gig gets cancelled at the last minute and I have enough time to get myself to Richmond. Funny thing is this totally could’ve been cancelled when the drummer caught Covid, when the keyboardist’s wife caught Covid, or when the singer quit, but instead the drummer got out of quarantine, the key player seems to have not caught it from his wife, and we found two singers to replace the one literally two days ago. The forces of chaos seem incapable of stopping this from happening and I won’t be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, after their show in Richmond last night they were booked to play at a big car show this afternoon in Denver for reasons myself and some other fans still can't figure out . Since there was no time for them to adjust to the altitude after such a quick turnaround, Dany got lightheaded during their set and had to leave the stage. The rest of the show was cancelled. Pau posted that Dany is ok now. I'm guessing she got altitude sickness.

Edited by J2112YYZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

So, after their show in Richmond last night they were booked to play at a big car show this afternoon in Denver for reasons myself and some other fans still can't figure out . Since there was no time for them to adjust to the altitude after such a quick turnaround, Dany got lightheaded during their set and had to leave the stage. The rest of the show was cancelled. Pau posted that Dany is ok now. I'm guessing she got altitude sickness.

Dang. Yeah going from so near the coast to Colorado of all places had to have been tough, especially for a singer. I’m glad she’s alright now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Dang. Yeah going from so near the coast to Colorado of all places had to have been tough, especially for a singer. I’m glad she’s alright now.

 

The problem with doing something like this for a person like Dany is that she is very energetic and never seems to have an off switch. So, I'm guessing she probably didn't sleep too well or hydrate enough for this after last night's show. Still, it's pretty crazy to book something like this going into such a high altitude area. They have played there before so they knew about the altitude.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

The problem with doing something like this for a person like Dany is that she is very energetic and never seems to have an off switch. So, I'm guessing she probably didn't sleep too well or hydrate enough for this after last night's show. Still, it's pretty crazy to book something like this going into such a high altitude area. They have played there before so they knew about the altitude.

I'm sure it was all of those factors combined. The main point is that she's okay now and I'm sure they'll be more careful about their schedule next time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I'm sure it was all of those factors combined. The main point is that she's okay now and I'm sure they'll be more careful about their schedule next time.

 

In two weeks they have a couple shows in Mexico City and I think that's higher elevation than Denver. They're off until then so they can get there a few days ahead to adjust. They're playing Colombia later this year and will have to do the same there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

In two weeks they have a couple shows in Mexico City and I think that's higher elevation than Denver. They're off until then so they can get there a few days ahead to adjust. They're playing Colombia later this year and will have to do the same there.

Wow, they're really moving up in the world! :p

 

Sorry I had to, lol. Where in Mexico are they from again? Is it Mexico City?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Wow, they're really moving up in the world! :p

 

Sorry I had to, lol. Where in Mexico are they from again? Is it Mexico City?

 

They're from Monterey. The Mexico City shows are big ones for them. They said they will be playing everything off the new album for those.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

They're from Monterey. The Mexico City shows are big ones for them. They said they will be playing everything off the new album for those.

Ah, I see that's nowhere near Mexico City. Sounds like some great shows though!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Ah, I see that's nowhere near Mexico City. Sounds like some great shows though!

 

Hopefully, this will give Dany time to remember the words to Amour. She forgot them at the show in Richmond since they haven't played it in over a month 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

Hopefully, this will give Dany time to remember the words to Amour. She forgot them at the show in Richmond since they haven't played it in over a month 😄

Lol, these things do happen. What I can't figure out is how you haven't changed your avatar to one of their album covers yet! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Lol, these things do happen. What I can't figure out is how you haven't changed your avatar to one of their album covers yet! 

 

That's just laziness on my part. Here's a video of Amour from the show. The house mic sucks though. You can barely hear the vocals. When you consider how strong Dany's voice is, that's a serious problem the venue needs to fix.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

 

That's just laziness on my part. Here's a video of Amour from the show. The house mic sucks though. You can barely hear the vocals. When you consider how strong Dany's voice is, that's a serious problem the venue needs to fix.

 

 

Oh yeah very quiet vox for some reason. Guitar sounded excellent though. I like how she noticed one of the harmonics was a little out of tune after an instrumental break and realized the whammy must not be all the way down. Also, I saw her doing a certain technique with her down picking where she was holding the pick at a bit of an upwards angle and kind of pulling it down on the strings rather than pushing. I learned about that technique very recently from a YouTube guitarist who was explaining a few tricks you can use to speed up your strumming hand, of course he was trying to go at 80s Metallica speeds which is why he needed them, but I tried it a bit and that technique is actually quite a bit easier in the hand. Very cool to see someone using it in a performance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Oh yeah very quiet vox for some reason. Guitar sounded excellent though. I like how she noticed one of the harmonics was a little out of tune after an instrumental break and realized the whammy must not be all the way down. Also, I saw her doing a certain technique with her down picking where she was holding the pick at a bit of an upwards angle and kind of pulling it down on the strings rather than pushing. I learned about that technique very recently from a YouTube guitarist who was explaining a few tricks you can use to speed up your strumming hand, of course he was trying to go at 80s Metallica speeds which is why he needed them, but I tried it a bit and that technique is actually quite a bit easier in the hand. Very cool to see someone using it in a performance.

 

Do you know if James Hetfield uses that playing technique? He was an influence for Dany as a player. She even learned how to do facial expressions live by watching what James would do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, J2112YYZ said:

 

Do you know if James Hetfield uses that playing technique? He was an influence for Dany as a player. She even learned how to do facial expressions live by watching what James would do.

James is a superhuman. I’m pretty sure his technique is to mash his pick down as fast as physically possible without losing grip. Not many people can properly imitate his guitar playing because of that. The upwards angle thing is more of a trick that will let someone get the speed you need for something like Sanitarium or Master Of Puppets without putting so much strain on your wrist, one I don’t think James uses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...