The Warning

If you pre-save the album on Spotify or Apple music there is a little game you can play that will reveal the tracklist, teasers and info about each song on Keep Me Fed. You have to find them by clicking on certain things in the album art.

https://dmi.umgapps.com/thewarning/reveal?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAaac1UyOBLAs-NHEyOIu3dnzQoSlzDPmj-5gdnrBzJcGJog5xyLbkySqt6I_aem_AYE8oNd1teQDK2hSl_RK7gGAYP8Dt-5zNcy8iAb3IrZxwVwUs1Eyd5QmfLsDoZXnn8zynQtGT-N4M6aeivObluIJ

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

If you pre-save the album on Spotify or Apple music there is a little game you can play that will reveal the tracklist, teasers and info about each song on Keep Me Fed. You have to find them by clicking on certain things in the album art.

https://dmi.umgapps.com/thewarning/reveal?fbclid=PAZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAaac1UyOBLAs-NHEyOIu3dnzQoSlzDPmj-5gdnrBzJcGJog5xyLbkySqt6I_aem_AYE8oNd1teQDK2hSl_RK7gGAYP8Dt-5zNcy8iAb3IrZxwVwUs1Eyd5QmfLsDoZXnn8zynQtGT-N4M6aeivObluIJ

Interesting.  It sounds like Dani is singing lead on all the songs.  Admittedly, it's hard to tell from a bunch of short clips but, usually, we get at least a couple of Pau songs on each album, so it's a bit disappointing if that's the case. I always look forward to hearing Pau sing as it adds a different flavour and texture to the mix. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P-Tor said:

Interesting.  It sounds like Dani is singing lead on all the songs.  Admittedly, it's hard to tell from a bunch of short clips but, usually, we get at least a couple of Pau songs on each album, so it's a bit disappointing if that's the case. I always look forward to hearing Pau sing as it adds a different flavour and texture to the mix. 

Perhaps we will get a few songs like Disciple or Sinister Smiles where they both share vocals. The scream during Apologize sounds like Pau to me. It has a very similar sound to the scream she does live for Evolve. I can't quite picture Dany doing that with her voice nor summoning the anger to scream like that since she's the happiest and nicest person in the world. The other song I believe is Sharks where it sounds like Pau is doing the part that has a hip hop style delivery to it. Sounds like they decided to go hard and heavy with a lot of this new stuff and there is no Pau ballad like on the other albums.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

The only show semi-close to me is 2 and a half hours away by car and it's a radio festival they're probably not headlining. Too bad.

I'm going to Cleveland to see them. It's a three hour drive from Buffalo where I live. Honestly, I'm disappointed that with all the touring they've done in North America the last two years that they once again don't have a show in New York state outside of NYC. Between us, Rochester, Syracuse or Albany, I would have figured one of them would have got something by now. I know things need to line up right logistically for any show to happen. But to once again not to hit anywhere else in New York state at all is very odd to me at this point.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

The October show in Toronto has been moved to a different venue.  It was originally supposed to be at The Opera House (capacity 950) but has been moved to Danforth Music Hall (cap. 1,480) due to demand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, P-Tor said:

The October show in Toronto has been moved to a different venue.  It was originally supposed to be at The Opera House (capacity 950) but has been moved to Danforth Music Hall (cap. 1,480) due to demand.

That happened at a number of shows for their European tour. I'm not sure their booking agency realize how popular they've gotten and they really shouldn't be playing anywhere that has less than 1,000-1,500 capacity at this point. The show in Pittsburgh is only 380 capacity and the Atlanta show is only 550. How does the band even cover their travel costs and make it worth it playing places that small? The show in Nashville is less than 1,000 too. Meanwhile the show I'm going to in Cleveland is a 2,000 capacity venue. The venue booking for this tour makes no sense to me.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 5:34 PM, J2112YYZ said:

I'm going to Cleveland to see them. It's a three hour drive from Buffalo where I live. Honestly, I'm disappointed that with all the touring they've done in North America the last two years that they once again don't have a show in New York state outside of NYC. Between us, Rochester, Syracuse or Albany, I would have figured one of them would have got something by now. I know things need to line up right logistically for any show to happen. But to once again not to hit anywhere else in New York state at all is very odd to me at this point.

100% agree with you.  I would be ok with taking a train to NYC to see them but I would rather see them in Albany.  No shows in NYS other than NYC?  I talked with some folks at the Judas Priest show I went to tonight and some of them had heard of The Warning- another sign they are getting bigger and bigger (plus for those who had not heard of The Warning I told them to check them out on Youtube). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

100% agree with you.  I would be ok with taking a train to NYC to see them but I would rather see them in Albany.  No shows in NYS other than NYC?  I talked with some folks at the Judas Priest show I went to tonight and some of them had heard of The Warning- another sign they are getting bigger and bigger (plus for those who had not heard of The Warning I told them to check them out on Youtube). 

If they played Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse or Albany I believe they would get a really good turnout because they would be drawing fans from all over the state who live outside of NYC. There is also the close proximity to southern Ontario so they could get people to come down from Canada who might not want to deal with the traffic going to Toronto to see them. They could probably get a few fans from northern PA too. It's just strange to me that an entire state is just being ignored like that when they've done so much touring in the US. Yes, NYC is huge but there's more to New York than that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

If they played Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse or Albany I believe they would get a really good turnout because they would be drawing fans from all over the state who live outside of NYC. There is also the close proximity to southern Ontario so they could get people to come down from Canada who might not want to deal with the traffic going to Toronto to see them. They could probably get a few fans from northern PA too. It's just strange to me that an entire state is just being ignored like that when they've done so much touring in the US. Yes, NYC is huge but there's more to New York than that.

Plus shows in Albany pull in folks from western MA & VT.  Trust me - I know that from experience.  100% agree again - strange.

They reached 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify yesterday. And Dany celebrated by having a live chat on Patreon yesterday while she was working on Patreon rewards. So work never stops for her.

Tickets for their US tour went on sale today. Due to the incompetence of their booking agency putting them in venues that are way too small for them in some areas, anyone who wants to go see them might want to get on that right away.

• Like 2

LA, New York, Nashville and Toronto are sold out now. Toronto sold out twice. They originally booked a 900 capacity venue which is too small for them at this point, then they upgraded the venue to a 1,400 capacity and it sold out again. Not sure how Pittsburgh isn't sold out since that place only fits 380. Still not sure why they would book a place that small. Maybe they had a day to fill on the road and figured what the hell.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, P-Tor said:

The Pau doppelganger is the most spot on!

The one in the red outfit? Yeah, that's pretty amazing that she found an outfit that was the same as the one that Pau wears on the cover of the new album on such short notice. They announced the casting call for lookalikes less then a week before they filmed it. So, the fact that all these fans put all those outfits and looks together in such a short time is something else. I'm glad that they did a video like this which shows off their goofy side. Much like Rush or Foo Fighters, they are serious songwriters but aren't afraid to be goofballs outside of that.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

They are playing their first shows in Japan this week. The first show was played with Band Maid, a Japanese rock band. They played a song together at the end which will be on Band Maid's new album.

12 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

They are playing their first shows in Japan this week. The first show was played with Band Maid, a Japanese rock band. They played a song together at the end which will be on Band Maid's new album.

Thats cool!!  I have listened to some Band-Maid on youtube and I like their musicianship.  What I don't care for is their vocals.  Just not my cup of tea.  But they sure can play.  Not a fan of their outfits but I can understand why they use them.  But they are a negative for me.  My bigger issue is the vocals however.  Still, unlimited amounts they are fun - and this was cool.

3 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Thats cool!!  I have listened to some Band-Maid on youtube and I like their musicianship.  What I don't care for is their vocals.  Just not my cup of tea.  But they sure can play.  Not a fan of their outfits but I can understand why they use them.  But they are a negative for me.  My bigger issue is the vocals however.  Still, unlimited amounts they are fun - and this was cool.

There were some fan cam footage of the whole song and Dany sings just about the whole thing. So the song should be good for you to listen to. That fan footage is getting taken down everywhere by Band Maid's management as they are very strict in Japan when it comes to fan cam videos. The clip I posted is the only one that Band Maid wanted out there until the album is released.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

There were some fan cam footage of the whole song and Dany sings just about the whole thing. So the song should be good for you to listen to. That fan footage is getting taken down everywhere by Band Maid's management as they are very strict in Japan when it comes to fan cam videos. The clip I posted is the only one that Band Maid wanted out there until the album is released.

Thanks - if I get the chance I will take a look.  BTW - another Japanese band that has great musicanship but who's vocals I don't go for is Lovebites.  

41 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Plus Ale's bass on this song is just awesome!!

I also like the little guitar licks that Dany throws in during the chorus and her solo.

• Like 1