The Warning

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Queen Of The Murder Scene is available on CD at their web store now.

Hmmm

maybe they’ll do a vinyl run soon? That’s what I’m really after.

7 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Hmmm

maybe they’ll do a vinyl run soon? That’s what I’m really after.

I don't care for vinyl. I have no interest in ruining the flow of an album by having to get up and change sides every four songs. The packaging for Vinyl is top notch but when I listen to an album I like to just let it play straight through until it's over. Pau and Ale collect vinyl and they're much smarter and talented than I am, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't care for vinyl. I have no interest in ruining the flow of an album by having to get up and change sides every four songs. The packaging for Vinyl is top notch but when I listen to an album I like to just let it play straight through until it's over. Pau and Ale collect vinyl and they're much smarter and talented than I am, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Nah that’s fair. It’s a personal thing, how you choose to listen to your music.

They will be opening for Muse on five shows during their European tour. Four are in the UK and the other I believe is in France.

Awesome!

3 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Awesome!

There's also some random festival they're doing over there. There's one in Switzerland which is kind of odd billing. Jinjer and Haken are the headliners. Not sure how well they fit on that bill but Jinjer and Haken are nothing alike either so maybe that's the point of the festival. There's a couple other bands on it but I've never heard of them. There's more European shows in the works for them.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

There's also some random festival they're doing over there. There's one in Switzerland which is kind of odd billing. Jinjer and Haken are the headliners. Not sure how well they fit on that bill but Jinjer and Haken are nothing alike either so maybe that's the point of the festival. There's a couple other bands on it but I've never heard of them. There's more European shows in the works for them.

I feel like Europe will take to them super readily. They’re heavy, they’re melodic, and they’re new and young and exciting. Any bill with other heavy bands should do just fine is my guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I feel like Europe will take to them super readily. They’re heavy, they’re melodic, and they’re new and young and exciting. Any bill with other heavy bands should do just fine is my guess.

They will also have another headlining show in Mexico City in October. This venue can fit up to 7000 people. That's double the size of the theater they played when they were there last August. There's also another show in Guadalajara. I think that venue fits a couple thousand.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thizzellewashington said:

Very bummed they aren't coming near me. One of the openers, Plush, is also quite good. That's a great bill.

Not coming near me either. They're missing places like upstate NY, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan and other states in that region. It seems the tour pattern is starting out west, through the south then up east and then they're off to Europe. I wonder how many shows they will be doing as they have gaps in their schedule to fill while over there. They don't seem to announce a lot of shows too far in advance. They work on a tight budget though and probably don't have that much dedicated to long term tour marketing.

Edited by J2112YYZ

EP, you may want to check out the merch store. There's something there you've been wanting for.

EEeEeEeEe

4 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

EEeEeEeEe

Have you heard of the band Palaye Royale? The Warning will be opening for them for one show in Poland. Their European schedule so far is really random.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you heard of the band Palaye Royale? The Warning will be opening for them for one show in Poland. Their European schedule so far is really random.

I have. I don’t know much about them, but I remember being really intrigued by at least their imagery a few years ago.

Their show at Irving Plaza (1,200 capacity) in New York City has sold out. This will be the biggest crowd they have played  in front of as a headliner in the US so far. Their Patreon now has 2,605 members. Their goal for a long time was 2,500 so they surpassed it.

They announced two headlining shows in Spain and they sold out so fast and the demand was high enough that they moved both shows to bigger venues. I know they have never played there before but booking venues that fit 500 people was probably a bit too small for them in Spain. That's the one country in Europe they were probably guaranteed to get decent crowds on their own. But it was probably better to book small then move it instead of booking a venue that's too big and not filling it.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I saw them on the video channel.  They reminded me of Halestorm. 

Edited by Krystal

47 minutes ago, Krystal said:

I saw them on the video channel.  They reminded me of Halestorm. 

What song was the video of?

They toured with Halestorm last year. I don't find too many similarities musically. Very different songwriting between them. Halestorm is straightforward easy to listen to rock that you don't have to think too hard about. Almost like a female fronted AC/DC. The Warning write songs with a bit more depth both musically and lyrically while still keeping the songs appealing. Dany's vocals definitely have a Lzzy influence in them. You won't find many musicians who are as big of a fan of The Warning as Lzzy and Arejay are though. Lzzy even gifted Dany a custom made Gibson guitar for her to play. Lzzy came out on stage and surprised Dany with it last summer in the middle of The Warning's set as they were opening for Halestorm. If you're a fan of ladies in rock, The Warning is definitely the number one band you should explore.

• Like 1