The Warning

6 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yay! What about QOTMS?

Hey, let's not get too greedy here. This is the band who's incompetent label can barely get copies of their new album out for sale to people even though Republic records is their parent company. I don't think their older independent albums will have much luck getting released on vinyl any time soon. By the way, people aren't going to have much luck getting the vinyl unless the band stops doing business with the Mexican merch company they have right now. They ship fast from what I have read but the shipping costs just as much as the product. The company only ships to Mexico and the US. They flat out need a better and cheaper way to ship merch to everyone around the world.

Edited by J2112YYZ

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

US based web store opens next month. It's supposed to be well stocked according to the band's manager.

Since I don't download music and only get it on vinyl (preferably) or CD's, lets hope they can get all their albums into real stores.  Their is still an FYE around here - its terrible but it caries a few albums and CD's.  And I refuse to do business with Amazon or Walmart.  Perhaps then I can actually support the band and finally get all 3 or their albums (I won't be greedy and hope for their EP - it would be nice but I figure I will just have to listen to it on Youtube).  I am not greedy - just let me get those 3 albums on vinyl or CD and i will be happy. 

53 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Since I don't download music and only get it on vinyl (preferably) or CD's, lets hope they can get all their albums into real stores.  Their is still an FYE around here - its terrible but it caries a few albums and CD's.  And I refuse to do business with Amazon or Walmart.  Perhaps then I can actually support the band and finally get all 3 or their albums (I won't be greedy and hope for their EP - it would be nice but I figure I will just have to listen to it on Youtube).  I am not greedy - just let me get those 3 albums on vinyl or CD and i will be happy. 

Dany didn't seem so sure that the older albums would get a vinyl release when a fan asked about it today on a Patreon chat. Their manager was there too, so I'm guessing he would have said something if it was in the works. Or maybe they want to surprise us and it will be there when the store opens. They sold out of all the CDs they had with them on the Canadian tour. They're off from touring for the next couple months, so everything should be going right to the web store when it starts up.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

"Amour" and "Error" have become two of my favorite tracks on the album.

Error has pretty much been my favorite song on it all along. Pau's drumming during the chorus of Amour is crazy. Serious Neil Peart vibes when I hear that.

• Like 1

They will be playing in Europe for the first time next summer. So far two festival dates at Rock am Ring and Rock im Park in Germany have been announced. I'm sure there will be more shows but getting on European festivals is huge for them.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 8:39 AM, J2112YYZ said:

They will be playing in Europe for the first time next summer. So far two festival dates at Rock am Ring and Rock im Park in Germany have been announced. I'm sure there will be more shows but getting on European festivals is huge for them.

Thanks for the awesome news!!  Thats great to hear.  Hope the Christmas blizzard did not hit to bad in your part of Buffalo.  Guess some parts south of the city are still a total mess from the storm.

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Thanks for the awesome news!!  Thats great to hear.  Hope the Christmas blizzard did not hit to bad in your part of Buffalo.  Guess some parts south of the city are still a total mess from the storm.

My area got hit hard. We've all been stuck inside since Friday.

22 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

My area got hit hard. We've all been stuck inside since Friday.

Ugh - I remembered that the last storm was more to the south of you.  Sorry to hear that you got hit hard this time.  We got some down in Albany but not much.  Now you are going to get hit with flooding if all that snow melts to fast.  Good luck with that.

Anyway, with regards to The Warning - had PT again tonight and since I was with a different therapist then normal we got talking music and I suggested she check out The Warning.  Got some hope she might.  I mentioned I liked Rush and she was like "Yeah, Rush is really cool.  How could somebody not like them?"  So it seem she might have decent taste in music.  Hopefully I will have turned her onto them.

You also made a point about the festivals in Europe that has me thinking more and more (o boy - this could be trouble (LOL)).  In some other threads (for example, the thread about Within Temptation) its been discussed how some bands would rather tour in Europe then the US.  I also saw an interview The Charismatic Voice did (thanks for turning me onto her) with Britany Slays of Unleash The Archers.  When asked what her favorite venue was Britany mentioned one in Switzerland and basically said that it was because of how the venue treated that bands.  She went onto say that in Europe that there was a different set of priorities then in the US that made it more pleasant to tour there.

So, all this has me wondering (even if its not directly related to The Warning) is the US in danger of becoming a musical backwater?  I don't think so but if bands are more interested in touring in the EU or South America perhaps its indicative that I could be wrong.  All that from you news about The Warning doing festivals in Europe (Wacken perhaps??).

23 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Ugh - I remembered that the last storm was more to the south of you.  Sorry to hear that you got hit hard this time.  We got some down in Albany but not much.  Now you are going to get hit with flooding if all that snow melts to fast.  Good luck with that.

Anyway, with regards to The Warning - had PT again tonight and since I was with a different therapist then normal we got talking music and I suggested she check out The Warning.  Got some hope she might.  I mentioned I liked Rush and she was like "Yeah, Rush is really cool.  How could somebody not like them?"  So it seem she might have decent taste in music.  Hopefully I will have turned her onto them.

You also made a point about the festivals in Europe that has me thinking more and more (o boy - this could be trouble (LOL)).  In some other threads (for example, the thread about Within Temptation) its been discussed how some bands would rather tour in Europe then the US.  I also saw an interview The Charismatic Voice did (thanks for turning me onto her) with Britany Slays of Unleash The Archers.  When asked what her favorite venue was Britany mentioned one in Switzerland and basically said that it was because of how the venue treated that bands.  She went onto say that in Europe that there was a different set of priorities then in the US that made it more pleasant to tour there.

So, all this has me wondering (even if its not directly related to The Warning) is the US in danger of becoming a musical backwater?  I don't think so but if bands are more interested in touring in the EU or South America perhaps its indicative that I could be wrong.  All that from you news about The Warning doing festivals in Europe (Wacken perhaps??).

Bands have always preferred touring Europe and South America more than the US. The fans are a lot more passionate and knowledgeable. They don't sit on their asses and act like they don't know what they're supposed to do at a rock show like a lot of US audiences do these days. The only reason bands don't tour there more often is because of the cost. It's much easier to tour North America if the band is located there. The same for bands like Nightwish or Within Temptation. They tour Europe a lot more extensively because that's where they live and touring is more convenient. Europe does have a different level of respect for musicians than the US. Most people take them for granted in the US while Europe in general seems to have a higher level of adoration for them. US fans are lazy too. They wait for something to hit the radio or go viral before they know anything about it. They want it to be fed to them by the mainstream since most aren't willing to put in the time to look around and find music on their own.

I'm happy that The Warning is going to start touring Europe. That means more dedicated and passionate music fans than we have here will learn who they are and that will be huge for them.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

EP should like this. Muse is playing four shows in Mexico next week and The Warning will be opening for them.

I DO! 

They must psyched! Man. Imagine opening for your heroes.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

I would say so based on their reaction in this video

Oh, they released this for everyone? They posted it on Patreon first. Yeah, their reaction was something. That's the most emotion I have ever seen out of the normally stoic Ale. Dany's reaction was exactly what I expected from her getting news like this. Pau breaking down into tears is something else. It really shows how much this means to them.

• Like 2

That has got to be the most wholesome thing I've seen in ages. As a hardcore Muse fan, and a newer fan of The Warning, this makes me very very happy.  

Honestly, if I were a professional musician, there's no one else I would rather open for either.  Foo Fighters? Red Hot Chili Peppers? Metallica? Pft. I'd take Muse every time. This honestly makes me a little disappointed that when I go to see Muse (for the very first time!) next month it won't be with The Warning opening for them.  However, I am very curious to see Evanescence live.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

That has got to be the most wholesome thing I've seen in ages. As a hardcore Muse fan, and a newer fan of The Warning, this makes me very very happy.  

Honestly, if I were a professional musician, there's no one else I would rather open for either.  Foo Fighters? Red Hot Chili Peppers? Metallica? Pft. I'd take Muse every time. This honestly makes me a little disappointed that when I go to see Muse (for the very first time!) next month it won't be with The Warning opening for them.  However, I am very curious to see Evanescence live.

Evanescence is such an odd touring partner for Muse. I'm only kind of familiar with a handful of Muse songs but they just don't seem to go together musically at all. The Warning on the other hand fit much better with them. Maybe Muse will take them out on tour in North America or Europe in the future. I like this better than the one off opening spots they had for GnR and Foo Fighters. It's great for them to open for bands like that but one show doesn't do much to help expand the fan base. At least with Muse they'll be able to go to a few different cities and get exposed to a wider range of people in their home country.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Evanescence is such an odd touring partner for Muse. I'm only kind of familiar with a handful of Muse songs but they just don't seem to go together musically at all. The Warning on the other hand fit much better with them. Maybe Muse will take them out on tour in North America or Europe in the future. I like this better than the one off opening spots they had for GnR and Foo Fighters. It's great for them to open for bands like that but one show doesn't do much to help expand the fan base. At least with Muse they'll be able to go to a few different cities and get exposed to a wider range of people in their home country.

Yeah idk why Evanescence are opening either, maybe it’s just an American market thing, where more casual concertgoers see them as more similar than they are. Oh well. 

Yeah The Warning should get some supermassive amounts of new fans opening for Muse. Being such big Muse fans themselves, and knowing how much Muse has influenced them, they’re a sure fire hit, and probably a welcome harder edged addition to old Musers in the crowd who don’t really want to hear anything post BH&R.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yeah idk why Evanescence are opening either, maybe it’s just an American market thing, where more casual concertgoers see them as more similar than they are. Oh well. 

Yeah The Warning should get some supermassive amounts of new fans opening for Muse. Being such big Muse fans themselves, and knowing how much Muse has influenced them, they’re a sure fire hit, and probably a welcome harder edged addition to old Musers in the crowd who don’t really want to hear anything post BH&R.

Speaking of BH&R, I gave the album a listen for the first time and it certainly won't be my last. I can definitely hear why people like Muse so much. Back when the album came out I know I wouldn't have liked it. I was too deep into metal for it to have made any kind of impact on me. But now I'm in a different place mentally about music and can really appreciate it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Oh, they released this for everyone? They posted it on Patreon first. Yeah, their reaction was something. That's the most emotion I have ever seen out of the normally stoic Ale. Dany's reaction was exactly what I expected from her getting news like this. Pau breaking down into tears is something else. It really shows how much this means to them.

Their reaction?  YES!!!  Thats exactly why I posted it.  Danny's was about what I expected.  Pau's was about what I expected in a way.  Remember her tears at the end of the Mexico City headlining show where their teachers played with them?  Remember the last show on the May Day Tour?  Both times she broke down.  She and Danny are both so passionate about their music - it just comes out in very different ways.  Ale though - wow! Yes, 100% agree with you.  This must be the most emotion I have ever seen from her.  Shocked me.

The entires groups reaction was so genuine / authentic / honest / raw / real.  Pick whatever other word you want - I loved it.

This news was a good way to end a very crappy week for me.  Went away on a business trip and while I was on the trip some f&*%'ing idiot ran a red light and plowed into me.  Totaled my car which was a 2015 with 95,000 miles on it and it was running as good as the day I drove it off the lot.  I am not a happy camper to say the least.  Live for almost 30 years in that area and never had an accident - the first time I go back on business, damm.  End rant about drivers in the NYC area.

Getting back to The Warning, I also went to my last PT session last night and my physical therapist says to me "You know, I am a big Tool fan and I just saw they are playing some festival someplace this summer.  I forget where and I will probably not be able to go anyway, but one of the opening bands is that group you told me about, The Warning.  If they come around here at least now I have some idea who they are.  Without you I would have  had no idea who they are."  Score one for talking to people about The Warning.  Got to try to keep doing that when I can.  Note:  I have no idea what festival he was talking about of if he was just making conversation but he had no need to bring it up with me so I assume he had seen something mentioning Tool and The Warning.  If true it would be another good step for The Warning.

Now lets just hope these shows with Muse go well.  I suspect they will be really jacked up for the shows.  If they go well it would be so great for them - if not it would be such a disappointment.  Even better would be if they get to meet Muse.  I remember they go to briefly meet The Foo Fighters but they did not get to meet G & R.  If they got to meet Muse and it was a good experience it could make this dream even better.