The Warning

Pau is feeling better but now Dany is battling a cold. They played Hunter tonight and Ale helped out by singing lead on it. I read Pau helped out by doing extra vocals on some of the songs too. It's pretty cool to have this kind of thing in the band where all the members can sing lead if they need to.

On 11/17/2022 at 11:05 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Pau is feeling better but now Dany is battling a cold. They played Hunter tonight and Ale helped out by singing lead on it. I read Pau helped out by doing extra vocals on some of the songs too. It's pretty cool to have this kind of thing in the band where all the members can sing lead if they need to.

Cool indeed - it also gives a feel of just how Ale's vocals differ slightly from her sisters.  I found the entire show and you can tell Dany is really suffering a bit with her cold.  Give her credit for fighting through it and give Pau and Ale credit for helping out.  

I will look at this and find a positive (which is odd in a way since I can normally find the depressing  / negative in almost anything).  Perhaps having been pushed out there and forced to sing a bit more lead vocals Ale will become more comfortable doing it and be more willing to do it even slightly more.  That would make the band a true 3 headed vocal monster.  Of course perhaps I am just being unreasonably positive....

Seemed like the crowed was still giving them a very positive reaction however.   Thats very good.

Interesting idea - in this case does the band actually benefit from being not so well known?  What I mean is, since the crowd may not be that familiar with them, is the switch in lead vocalists not a big deal?  The crowd may not really understand that they were switching up.  If they were better known it might have been a bigger deal. 

How are things out in Buffalo?  I am in Albany and we are not getting any snow - I hear Buffalo was getting hit with more than a little snow.

Here is an interview they did in Winnipeg b4 the show.   Looks like Ale might be practicing for a second career as a reporter if her day job as a bass player does not work out.  Loved the way she handled the mike.  No Dany since she was resting her voice with the cold she has.  So Pao and Ale only with Ale being more talkative then normal.  Good press from the local radio station.

Here is the full Winnipeg show.  Interesting that the poster (Martin) was actually down with security while filming it.  Guess it pays to be a devoted fan - he really was close to the stage.  Interesting that Ale did the band introductions.  Seemed very nervous, just not her thing.  But hey how old is she?  What 18 or so?  When I was 18 you could not get me to say anything in a class, much less to a venue full of people.  Even now, I don't say much at staff meetings (although I can work myself up and give training classes to new hires at my job for hours on end with no problem).  So its not a shock at 18 and i=an introvert she was a bit nervous with it.  Still she did it.  

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Cool indeed - it also gives a feel of just how Ale's vocals differ slightly from her sisters.  I found the entire show and you can tell Dany is really suffering a bit with her cold.  Give her credit for fighting through it and give Pau and Ale credit for helping out.  

I will look at this and find a positive (which is odd in a way since I can normally find the depressing  / negative in almost anything).  Perhaps having been pushed out there and forced to sing a bit more lead vocals Ale will become more comfortable doing it and be more willing to do it even slightly more.  That would make the band a true 3 headed vocal monster.  Of course perhaps I am just being unreasonably positive....

Seemed like the crowed was still giving them a very positive reaction however.   Thats very good.

Interesting idea - in this case does the band actually benefit from being not so well known?  What I mean is, since the crowd may not be that familiar with them, is the switch in lead vocalists not a big deal?  The crowd may not really understand that they were switching up.  If they were better known it might have been a bigger deal. 

How are things out in Buffalo?  I am in Albany and we are not getting any snow - I hear Buffalo was getting hit with more than a little snow.

No, Ale hates singing lead. She only does it when they really need help. The handful of times she's done it was because Dany was sick or having trouble with her voice that day. She also sang the lead on River Soul once but that was an older Patreon exclusive show from the Warning cave, so there was no crowd there. To answer your other question, Ale turns 18 next month. She steps up when they need her to. Otherwise like most introverts, she likes to do her thing and not have too much spotlight on her. Dany and Pau are much better suited for that as they both are naturally very outgoing and charismatic as can be both on and off stage.

Things are ok in my part of Buffalo. We got about seven or eight inches of snow. Completely manageable and not hard to clean up or get around in. That huge lake effect band set up over the south side of the city and extended down into the suburbs south of the city. Some areas got six or seven feet. This is why the Bills game was moved to Detroit. The stadium is located right in the eye of the storm. That's usually the case for the areas south of Buffalo.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2022 at 11:44 PM, J2112YYZ said:

No, Ale hates singing lead. She only does it when they really need help. The handful of times she's done it was because Dany was sick or having trouble with her voice that day. She also sang the lead on River Soul once but that was an older Patreon exclusive show from the Warning cave, so there was no crowd there. To answer your other question, Ale turns 18 next month. She steps up when they need her to. Otherwise like most introverts, she likes to do her thing and not have too much spotlight on her. Dany and Pau are much better suited for that as they both are naturally very outgoing and charismatic as can be both on and off stage.

Things are ok in my part of Buffalo. We got about seven or eight inches of snow. Completely manageable and not hard to clean up or get around in. That huge lake effect band set up over the south side of the city and extended down into the suburbs south of the city. Some areas got six or seven feet. This is why the Bills game was moved to Detroit. The stadium is located right in the eye of the storm. That's usually the case for the areas south of Buffalo.

Glad you missed the worst of it.  I sort of know what that can be like as I lived in Rochester for 4 years in the late 80's - early 90's and that city can get some lake effect snow - but not as bad as Buffalo.  I was talking with my dad about the storm (he grew up near Buffalo in the town of Dunkirk)  and he told me how they plowed the streets when he was a kid (he is in his late 90's now).  He remembered the town had horses that they hooked up to a plow and they used the horse drawn plow to clear the street and sidewalks.  That would have been back in the 1920's - 1940's.  How times change.

Interesting thought - The Warning have been commenting on the cold and snow during their tour in Canada.  Can you imagine their reaction if they had been in Buffalo when the storm hit?  

Also, Martin posted the video from their most recent show.  Dany is still fighting the flu.  This resulted in some interesting passing of the lead vocals in the middle of Choke when her voice temporarily gave out.  Kind of interesting to watch - says a lot about the flexibility the band has with Dany and Pau both being able to sing lead.

• Like 1

I guess Ale is not feeling well now. They will definitely not be touring Canada in the winter after this I'm guessing. Pau and Dany did a fun acoustic set here for a small group of fans in Montreal tonight. It was put together by the local rock station who actually plays them a lot because Canadian radio doesn't have their heads up their asses unlike the stations here in the US. Anyways enough negativity. This was really fun and they played some stuff off the first album that they haven't done in a while.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thesweetscience said:

Wow.  I remember seeing the videos of them doing Enter Sandman and Back in Black some years ago when the bass player was shorter than the bass she was playing.

I am impressed with how far they have come.  Tight sound and very good songwriting for being so young.  

She had to have an adult carry her bass around for her back then. The case was to big for her to walk around with. Now, she's the tallest one while the drummer is still pretty much the same size 😄

Yes, crazy good songwriters and live performers at such a young age. Some people just get it and know what to do naturally in music. These three definitely fall into that category.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

She had to have an adult carry her bass around for her back then. The case was to big for her to walk around with. Now, she's the tallest one while the drummer is still pretty much the same size 😄

Yes, crazy good songwriters and live performers at such a young age. Some people just get it and know what to do naturally in music. These three definitely fall into that category.

They have three albums, and they are all really strong.  Some a bit "progy" even.  Definitely a gifted ear for good hooks.

Just a breath of fresh air when compared to other new and young rock bands.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thesweetscience said:

They have three albums, and they are all really strong.  Some a bit "progy" even.  Definitely a gifted ear for good hooks.

Just a breath of fresh air when compared to other new and young rock bands.

Not sure I hear anything too proggy from them. I pretty much hear a straight up rock band that mixes in elements of metal and punk. Hook wise I think they definitely lean more towards pop. They have musical depth but I wouldn't say it's proggy at all.

On 11/22/2022 at 12:08 AM, J2112YYZ said:

I guess Ale is not feeling well now. They will definitely not be touring Canada in the winter after this I'm guessing. Pau and Dany did a fun acoustic set here for a small group of fans in Montreal tonight. It was put together by the local rock station who actually plays them a lot because Canadian radio doesn't have their heads up their asses unlike the stations here in the US. Anyways enough negativity. This was really fun and they played some stuff off the first album that they haven't done in a while.

I watched this this afternoon and all I can say is WOW.  It was ..... beautiful.  I can't think of a better word to describe it.  When you said they played some stuff of the first album they had not played in a while my first thought was "I hope they play Black Holes".  When they did my jaw hit the floor and I had to lift it back into place.  What a great song & what a great version of it.  They can do an acoustic set anytime they want and I won't complain at all.  Adding to my enjoyment of the entire set (not just Black Holes) was the fact Pau sang lead on most of the songs.  For some reason I slightly prefer her voice.  Not by much mind you.  Perhaps if she sang lead most of the time and Dany sang the occasional lead I would say that I enjoy Dany's voice more  - perhaps.  So it might just be the change of pace I enjoy, but I don't think so.  I have not really analyzed it to death - I just know what I enjoy.

I thought the comment about Ale was interesting when they (more or less) said that she is an introvert but if she says something you better listen.  Confirms the impression I have gotten - that Ale hears all & sees all but keeps her thoughts to herself for the most part.  But when she does speak I have noticed both Pau and Dany go silent and listen.  

Thanks for posting - this was really great.

BTW - I did not think the comment about US radio was negative.  Just totally honest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Not sure I hear anything too proggy from them. I pretty much hear a straight up rock band that mixes in elements of metal and punk. Hook wise I think they definitely lean more towards pop. They have musical depth but I wouldn't say it's proggy at all.

I agree that they are basically an awesome rock band that mixes in metal elements.  That (for my ear) was more obvious on the most recent album.  Like you, I have picked up on the punk elements that they have mixed in.  Its interesting to note that Pau mentioned in one interview that when she wrote QOTMS she was influenced by K-pop at that time as she was listening to a lot of it.  Since I don't listen to it, I can't say if I do or don't hear that influence.  But if she (and the others agreed that she was listing to a lot of it at that time) think she was so influenced, who am I to argue?

As for the prog side I sort of hear it  - a bit.  For example, in Evolve they do some stuff with key changes and, if my ear is correct, they had a time signature change.  That does not make them (or the song) prog but that is the sort of thing a prog group would try.  Obviously non prog groups will do it, but prog groups are known for doing things like that.  Plus some of Pau's drum rolls and fills have a slight element of Neal Pert to them  - and Rush were the giants of progressive hard rock.  So you can sort of get a prog influence there (even though they have never mentioned Rush as an influence, but they do mention Pink Floyd & Muse as influences).  At least I hear the Neal influence to the rolls and fills. O - plus add in that QOTMS was a concept album.  Again, groups that are not prog will do concept albums but prog groups have a reputation for doing them.  So again, I can sort of get the prog influence.  

I actually think the most recent album was both the hardest album they have done but also, notwithstanding the potentially prog nature of QOTMS due to its concept nature, an album with subtle steps in a prog direction.  Note - its subtle.  Given that they have all said Muse is an influence and they are still so young and still experimenting with their song writing, I expect them to try things that may be slightly more prog than they have done to date in the future.  But hey, what do I know?  I am probably the least musically skilled or knowledgable person who posts to TRF.  I just like with I like.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

I watched this this afternoon and all I can say is WOW.  It was ..... beautiful.  I can't think of a better word to describe it.  When you said they played some stuff of the first album they had not played in a while my first thought was "I hope they play Black Holes".  When they did my jaw hit the floor and I had to lift it back into place.  What a great song & what a great version of it.  They can do an acoustic set anytime they want and I won't complain at all.  Adding to my enjoyment of the entire set (not just Black Holes) was the fact Pau sang lead on most of the songs.  For some reason I slightly prefer her voice.  Not by much mind you.  Perhaps if she sang lead most of the time and Dany sang the occasional lead I would say that I enjoy Dany's voice more  - perhaps.  So it might just be the change of pace I enjoy, but I don't think so.  I have not really analyzed it to death - I just know what I enjoy.

I thought the comment about Ale was interesting when they (more or less) said that she is an introvert but if she says something you better listen.  Confirms the impression I have gotten - that Ale hears all & sees all but keeps her thoughts to herself for the most part.  But when she does speak I have noticed both Pau and Dany go silent and listen.  

Thanks for posting - this was really great.

BTW - I did not think the comment about US radio was negative.  Just totally honest.

I still have to watch it but there is another video of the acoustic show shot from a different angle by the radio station. It looks like it's from the front of the stage. Ale sounds like a classic introvert. Observers and collects information and thinks deeply about those things and only says something when she actually has something valid to say. I'm similar to that in real life and my grandfather was like that too.

Yeah, the comment about US radio was more honest but I can see how someone might take it as negative. I want to try and avoid any kind of negativity when it comes to this band since pretty much everything they do makes me happy.

• Like 1

Martin has posted a video of the most recent show in Canada.  They seem to be healthy (or at least getting better) and getting a good reaction for the crowd.  When Dany introduced Money she said something I found both interesting and rather positive.  Wont say what it is though - will leave it as a teaser to encourage folks to watch the show.

• Like 1

I already knew that about Money. That and Choke have become hits up there. Money did reach #32 on the US rock radio charts over the summer but that's pretty much it for them when it comes to radio in this country. Meanwhile, two bands they've opened for, Halestorm and Three Days Grace get played every 12 minutes on the radio. I guess there's no room for The Warning when they have to rotate the same handful of bands all the time. As someone who lives close enough to the Canadian border that I can pick up stations from there, I always thought the radio stations were better than the ones here. Back during my regular radio listening days there was a station in St. Catherines Ontario I always listened to. I think they're still around. It seemed like they had a bit more freedom than the US stations. They played stuff from bands because they thought they were good songs not just because they were singles.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I already knew that about Money. That and Choke have become hits up there. Money did reach #32 on the US rock radio charts over the summer but that's pretty much it for them when it comes to radio in this country. Meanwhile, two bands they've opened for, Halestorm and Three Days Grace get played every 12 minutes on the radio. I guess there's no room for The Warning when they have to rotate the same handful of bands all the time. As someone who lives close enough to the Canadian border that I can pick up stations from there, I always thought the radio stations were better than the ones here. Back during my regular radio listening days there was a station in St. Catherines Ontario I always listened to. I think they're still around. It seemed like they had a bit more freedom than the US stations. They played stuff from bands because they thought they were good songs not just because they were singles.

Hmm, I guess I revealed my ignorance!!  Obviously I had no idea of any of this.  It made me grin big time - your comment only added to my grin.  Then again, I mostly listen to classic rewind & Ozzy's Boneyard and they never seem to play anything new.  Classic Vinyl obviously won't play anything new either.  Nor does Hair Nation.  The FM radio stations down around Albany don't play anything new either.  At least the few that I try listening to.  The only time I have even heard Halestorm was on Octane and I was not impressed.  3 Days Grace I am totally unfamiliar with.

Although I am not familiar with the radio stations out of Canada it would not shock me if they are better than what is here.  Back when I lived in Rochester I always thought WCMF in Rochester was better than the stations in Albany of the NYC area.  And they occasionally had callers from Canada so the slight Canadian influence may have made them better than the Albany & NYC stations.  Then again, there could be another reason but I don't think I will get into what that reason is.  It would involves economics / politics / the impact of wealth and income plus large corporations.  Not really the appropriate place and some folks might not agree with me which could cause some heated disagreement.  But it might explain why mainstream radio in the US is not as awesome as it was in the 1970's, 80's and early 90's. 

Getting back to The Warning, I spoke to a cousin in Boston yesterday.  Rather like him but we don't talk often.  Last time we talked was last Thanksgiving.  Could not talk long as he was working in the kitchen (he works at home but is also a house hubby  - his wife is a teacher and I get the feeling she is not very domestically inclined so he does all the home chores including cooking, cleaning and taking care of their 3 kids - but he is happy so thats what counts).  Anyway, he asked me what I had been into musically recently so, of course, I recomended The Warning.  Plus Unleash the Archers.  Back in the day he introduced me to Iron Maiden & Rat so I figured he might like The Warning & Unleash the Archers.  The interesting thing was when I mentioned that they were the best groups I had found since Nightwish and his response was "Nightwish? Never heard of them either.  I will have to check them out as well."  So I guess that ties to my comments about Halestorm & 3 Days Grace - unless you are looking off the normal mainstream path you just won't find groups like The Warning (or the others that have been mentioned).

13 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Hmm, I guess I revealed my ignorance!!  Obviously I had no idea of any of this.  It made me grin big time - your comment only added to my grin.  Then again, I mostly listen to classic rewind & Ozzy's Boneyard and they never seem to play anything new.  Classic Vinyl obviously won't play anything new either.  Nor does Hair Nation.  The FM radio stations down around Albany don't play anything new either.  At least the few that I try listening to.  The only time I have even heard Halestorm was on Octane and I was not impressed.  3 Days Grace I am totally unfamiliar with.

Although I am not familiar with the radio stations out of Canada it would not shock me if they are better than what is here.  Back when I lived in Rochester I always thought WCMF in Rochester was better than the stations in Albany of the NYC area.  And they occasionally had callers from Canada so the slight Canadian influence may have made them better than the Albany & NYC stations.  Then again, there could be another reason but I don't think I will get into what that reason is.  It would involves economics / politics / the impact of wealth and income plus large corporations.  Not really the appropriate place and some folks might not agree with me which could cause some heated disagreement.  But it might explain why mainstream radio in the US is not as awesome as it was in the 1970's, 80's and early 90's. 

Getting back to The Warning, I spoke to a cousin in Boston yesterday.  Rather like him but we don't talk often.  Last time we talked was last Thanksgiving.  Could not talk long as he was working in the kitchen (he works at home but is also a house hubby  - his wife is a teacher and I get the feeling she is not very domestically inclined so he does all the home chores including cooking, cleaning and taking care of their 3 kids - but he is happy so thats what counts).  Anyway, he asked me what I had been into musically recently so, of course, I recomended The Warning.  Plus Unleash the Archers.  Back in the day he introduced me to Iron Maiden & Rat so I figured he might like The Warning & Unleash the Archers.  The interesting thing was when I mentioned that they were the best groups I had found since Nightwish and his response was "Nightwish? Never heard of them either.  I will have to check them out as well."  So I guess that ties to my comments about Halestorm & 3 Days Grace - unless you are looking off the normal mainstream path you just won't find groups like The Warning (or the others that have been mentioned).

You should probably check out some of Three Days Grace's bigger hits. It's possible you may have heard some of them before. Especially some older ones like I Hate Everything About You, Animal I Have Become, Riot, Pain and It's Never Too Late. The band has consistently had big hits since they started. The song Dany is performing with them, Painkiller, was also a huge hit for them. I'm not much of a fan of theirs but they have been a big band in rock for a very long time now.

The flu bug has hit the whole band now. At last night's show Ale had a fever and performed while sitting on a stool the whole time. They cut the set short and only did a half hour. They only have a two hour drive to the next show tomorrow. So, perhaps she has been able to rest up well in a hotel for a couple nights and be good. They only have two shows left on this tour. Terrible run of luck on this Canadian tour with the bad weather and everyone getting sick. Dany even mentioned on an Instagram live chat that it was so cold in some parts of Canada that the heat in the tour bus wasn't strong enough to kill the cold. I'm sure that didn't help with their well being either.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

You should probably check out some of Three Days Grace's bigger hits. It's possible you may have heard some of them before. Especially some older ones like I Hate Everything About You, Animal I Have Become, Riot, Pain and It's Never Too Late. The band has consistently had big hits since they started. The song Dany is performing with them, Painkiller, was also a huge hit for them. I'm not much of a fan of theirs but they have been a big band in rock for a very long time now.

The flu bug has hit the whole band now. At last night's show Ale had a fever and performed while sitting on a stool the whole time. They cut the set short and only did a half hour. They only have a two hour drive to the next show tomorrow. So, perhaps she has been able to rest up well in a hotel for a couple nights and be good. They only have two shows left on this tour. Terrible run of luck on this Canadian tour with the bad weather and everyone getting sick. Dany even mentioned on an Instagram live chat that it was so cold in some parts of Canada that the heat in the tour bus wasn't strong enough to kill the cold. I'm sure that didn't help with their well being either.

Thanks for the recommendation!!!  I will check out those songs.  I saw something about (it might have been something you posted here actually) about Danny joining 3 Days Grace for Painkiller.  I just figured that they were covering the Judas Priest song by that title.  I did not look further since Painkiller is not a priest song I enjoy and the album is one of my least favorite Priest albums.  To close to thrash for my taste.  I also saw them on that tour with Megadeth opening and it was not a show that, all things considered, really thrilled me.

Ugh - what a terrible run of luck with this tour.  Agreed, the cold will just make them feel worse.  They will be so happy to get back home where it is warm.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Thanks again for the recommendation.  I checked out all of those songs on youtube and I was totally unfamiliar with them.  I can also say that well b4 each of the songs was done playing I was comfortable in my decision not to explore any more of their music.  Totally disinterested - it fits in with all the music that has existed since the early 90's that I don't care for.  Ah well, it was worth a shot.

As for The Warning, lets hope they are able to rest up and not wind up in the hospital.  They are young but still, there is only so much you can take.  I watched 2 different video's of the show you mentioned and man, Ale just looked sick as a dog and so uncomfortable.  Kept her coat on through the entire set and kept pulling it up around her.  Obviously fighting a high fever.  She looked relieved when Dany took on some of the vocals that she would normally handle.  Still got a good reaction from the crowd which was nice.

Interestingly, the lack of their normal movement did not detract from the show for me.  Then again, I am used to Rush who did not move around a ton.  Long term I like the movement but for the odd show - not a problem if they don't have the movement.

Another thing I will mention.  In the past I had mentioned a concern that, in my opinion, recently Dany was taking over the stage a bit much.  I think that problem is resolving itself.  Its not so much that she is taking it over, more that they were just outgrowing the smaller bars and clubs they were playing in.  I don't have that problem at all in the Mexico City shows, when the opened for G & R or during the Canadian shows.  Those shows all have been at larger venues where she and Ale could move around and not get in the way of the drum set.  So I don't have the concern any more - its just a function of their growth.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2022 at 9:34 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Happy four year anniversary to Queen Of The Murder Scene.

Hell yes!!  Great album!!!

And what a great show.  That show you posted a link to is one of my favorite shows they have done along with (1) the Mexico City show where their teachers joined them on stage, (2) Rock al Parque (enhanced audio version) and (3) the final show of the mayday your.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Thanks again for the recommendation.  I checked out all of those songs on youtube and I was totally unfamiliar with them.  I can also say that well b4 each of the songs was done playing I was comfortable in my decision not to explore any more of their music.  Totally disinterested - it fits in with all the music that has existed since the early 90's that I don't care for.  Ah well, it was worth a shot.

As for The Warning, lets hope they are able to rest up and not wind up in the hospital.  They are young but still, there is only so much you can take.  I watched 2 different video's of the show you mentioned and man, Ale just looked sick as a dog and so uncomfortable.  Kept her coat on through the entire set and kept pulling it up around her.  Obviously fighting a high fever.  She looked relieved when Dany took on some of the vocals that she would normally handle.  Still got a good reaction from the crowd which was nice.

Interestingly, the lack of their normal movement did not detract from the show for me.  Then again, I am used to Rush who did not move around a ton.  Long term I like the movement but for the odd show - not a problem if they don't have the movement.

Another thing I will mention.  In the past I had mentioned a concern that, in my opinion, recently Dany was taking over the stage a bit much.  I think that problem is resolving itself.  Its not so much that she is taking it over, more that they were just outgrowing the smaller bars and clubs they were playing in.  I don't have that problem at all in the Mexico City shows, when the opened for G & R or during the Canadian shows.  Those shows all have been at larger venues where she and Ale could move around and not get in the way of the drum set.  So I don't have the concern any more - its just a function of their growth.

Three Days Grace is a band where I don't mind the singles I hear but doesn't give me much desire to go buy their albums. The only album I owned from them is One X. That's the album that has Animal I Have Become, Riot, Pain and It's Never Too Late. The radio played those songs a bunch and since I liked them I decided to give the album a shot but nothing on it was too memorable for me.  The guitar player for them joined The Warning on stage tonight for Choke. What a great sign of respect from an established band to an up and coming one. I think it shows just how special The Warning is. Not many well known bands do the kind of things Three Days Grace and Halestorm have for a young band opening for them.

It's such a fun ride to follow a young, rising band like The Warning who have so much talent and promise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Hell yes!!  Great album!!!

And what a great show.  That show you posted a link to is one of my favorite shows they have done along with (1) the Mexico City show where their teachers joined them on stage, (2) Rock al Parque (enhanced audio version) and (3) the final show of the mayday your.

I watched this show not too long after becoming a fan and it shot my love of the band up tenfold. I also became a massive Dany fanboy after watching her performance at this show. Such passion and intensity through the whole thing. She actually had me believing she was legitimately the Queen Of The Murder Scene and she was telling the story of something she lived through. She's gone on to grow so much as a front woman and is better now than ever before.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Three Days Grace is a band where I don't mind the singles I hear but doesn't give me much desire to go buy their albums. The only album I owned from them is One X. That's the album that has Animal I Have Become, Riot, Pain and It's Never Too Late. The radio played those songs a bunch and since I liked them I decided to give the album a shot but nothing on it was too memorable for me.  The guitar player for them joined The Warning on stage tonight for Choke. What a great sign of respect from an established band to an up and coming one. I think it shows just how special The Warning is. Not many well known bands do the kind of things Three Days Grace and Halestorm have for a young band opening for them.

It's such a fun ride to follow a young, rising band like The Warning who have so much talent and promise.

Yes I saw the video of the guitar player for 3 Days Grace joining them for Choke.  Good to see that Ale, even though she is still sitting while playing, looks a little bit better.  Did not keep her coat on and her body language looked like she was in slightly less discomfort.  Lets hoe she keeps getting better.  

You have a really good point about the sign of respect it shows.  Its also a way showing that these bands know The Warning is headed straight up and they may be opening someday for The Warning.  What goes around sort of deal. 

Totally agree about it being a fun ride.  Makes me appreciate those who found Rush in 1974 or 1975 and got into them b4 they broke big with 2112.  I only got into them in the mid 1980's.  It remind me of when I found G & R b4 any body had heard of them (and before Welcome to the Jungle started getting played on MTV) and people said to me "G & R?  Never heard of them." and I was like "You will."  Different time and age but somehow The Warning make me feel the same way.  If anything, I feel more comfortable with them - perhaps because they have a much more solid background and are not drinking and doing drugs left and right like G & R did.  G & R became, for me, a one album hit wonder.  Other than the song Civil War I don't care for their post Appetite work.  The Warning already have 3 great albums and they are just getting better and better.  Plus they are younger than G & R was.

Edited by TheAccountant
Edit to add comment about Ale.
  • Like 1