The Warning

The new album is really good. There's big growth in their song writing. I think they have found a good balance with Dany singing lead on the rocking songs and Pau doing more lead vocals with mellower songs. I think they're both doing the songs that fit their vocal styles best. Great playing by all three. There's a number of layers to some of these songs that will definitely reward the you with repeated listens.

8 minutes ago, thizzellewashington said:

Ran through the album once today. Obviously already knew half of it but the "new" songs all sounded pretty good too. Only listened once so haven't really picked out favorites yet but there's not a bad song on it and I'll definitely be listening to it a lot more.

The title track is starting to pull away as my favorite. Animosity and Evolve will always be special to me since those are the first two songs I heard from them. Thanks for starting this thread and making me a fan 👍

3 minutes ago, thizzellewashington said:

I think "Amour" is my favorite of the new songs that weren't on the EP, but the title track is close.

The title track is definitely my favorite. Amour is pretty good. The possible hit single from the album. Pau really shines on the songs she sings lead on. Her voice has really come into it's own here as has Ale's playing. Dany is her usual awesome self throughout the whole thing. Every song sounds different but it's still The Warning's sound and the album still works out great with no two songs being that alike.

I bought it the other day. Haven't listened yet (as per usj my backlog of stuff I've bought but haven't quite got around to listening to yet is daunting to say the least), but the cover art is sick and I'm anticipating greatness from the music based on these reviews!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I bought it the other day. Haven't listened yet (as per usj my backlog of stuff I've bought but haven't quite got around to listening to yet is daunting to say the least), but the cover art is sick and I'm anticipating greatness from the music based on these reviews!

Move it up to the top of your list immediately. It's that good. You will need multiple listens. The album does have some depth to it. Good variety of songs with great music and endless earworms.

EDIT: where did you buy the album?

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Move it up to the top of your list immediately. It's that good. You will need multiple listens. The album does have some depth to it. Good variety of songs with great music and endless earworms.

EDIT: where did you buy the album?

iTunes, good enough for now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

iTunes, good enough for now

Yeah, the band doesn't know when the physical copies will be available. Factories are still behind on production due to covid shutdowns. All the merch they have right now is being saved so they can sell it on tour. I didn't realize that was still happening with the production of albums. But I guess since the band isn't that popular yet they're not being seen as high priority enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Yeah, the band doesn't know when the physical copies will be available. Factories are still behind on production due to covid shutdowns. All the merch they have right now is being saved so they can sell it on tour. I didn't realize that was still happening with the production of albums. But I guess since the band isn't that popular yet they're not being seen as high priority enough.

Well I’m glad they are doing physical copies. Like a couple weeks ago we were talking about how they might just not do any.

1 minute ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Well I’m glad they are doing physical copies. Like a couple weeks ago we were talking about how they might just not do any.

Yeah, I joined their Patreon and found out about what was going on through some of the fan posts and the band has mentioned it themselves on some live chats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Yeah, I joined their Patreon and found out about what was going on through some of the fan posts and the band has mentioned it themselves on some live chats.

Well I'm happy to see people so excited for a new band! :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Have you heard the new album yet? If not, this is a friendly reminder to do so.

Thank you. I needed the reminder. Will listen today. Recovering from a booster shot so hopefully that will brighten my day up.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Thank you. I needed the reminder. Will listen today. Recovering from a booster shot so hopefully that will brighten my day up.

There's no better way to brighten ones day than listening to a wholesome family band like them 😄

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 10:10 AM, J2112YYZ said:

There's no better way to brighten ones day than listening to a wholesome family band like them 😄

I did listen to it yesterday. It was great.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Anything in particular stand out for you?

It seemed like a better production value than Queen Of The Murder Scene, and the songs seemed a little more streamlined overall. I'll need to relisten for individual tracks, but I know more than a few riffs were wicked and the interplay between the instruments is all great. A slight criticism, a number of the main melodies bear slight resemblances to each other. I imagine she's naturally inclined towards certain notes, but it couldn't hurt to challenge her natural inclinations next time around, see what comes out of it. All of them are good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

It seemed like a better production value than Queen Of The Murder Scene, and the songs seemed a little more streamlined overall. I'll need to relisten for individual tracks, but I know more than a few riffs were wicked and the interplay between the instruments is all great. A slight criticism, a number of the main melodies bear slight resemblances to each other. I imagine she's naturally inclined towards certain notes, but it couldn't hurt to challenge her natural inclinations next time around, see what comes out of it. All of them are good.

But don't all singers stick with similar melodies once they find what works best with their voice? This album is easily the best vocals Dany and Pau have done so far. I thought both really grew as singers and pushed their voices to the max. Especially, Dany on the chorus of Choke and the ending part of Amour. 23 is the best Pau has sounded doing lead vocals too. They're still very young, so there's still a lot of growing as song writers ahead of them. I think the growth between Murder Scene and Error is pretty damn good though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

But don't all singers stick with similar melodies once they find what works best with their voice? This album is easily the best vocals Dany and Pau have done so far. I thought both really grew as singers and pushed their voices to the max. Especially, Dany on the chorus of Choke and the ending part of Amour. 23 is the best Pau has sounded doing lead vocals too. They're still very young, so there's still a lot of growing as song writers ahead of them. I think the growth between Murder Scene and Error is pretty damn good though.

You're definitely right, I don't generally disagree. But there is still room for growth in that department, and that's not a bad thing. The melodies they're doing right now are already great, and I can see why they're drawn to the notes that they are. But a little bit of experimentation, thinking a bit more outside their usual melodic instincts, could save them from becoming repetitive down the road.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

You're definitely right, I don't generally disagree. But there is still room for growth in that department, and that's not a bad thing. The melodies they're doing right now are already great, and I can see why they're drawn to the notes that they are. But a little bit of experimentation, thinking a bit more outside their usual melodic instincts, could save them from becoming repetitive down the road.

I immediately thought of Iron Maiden when I read your comment. How many times have they written and sang similar melodies over the years but we still love them for it. I still think it's too early to talk about The Warning becoming repetitive though. They're growing their sound pretty well over their three albums. I will wait to hear what they sound like on album five before I start talking about repetition. While there are similarities with their albums all three still sound different enough from each other.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I immediately thought of Iron Maiden when I read your comment. How many times have they written and sang similar melodies over the years but we still love them for it. I still think it's too early to talk about The Warning becoming repetitive though. They're growing their sound pretty well over their three albums. I will wait to hear what they sound like on album five before I start talking about repetition. While there are similarities with their albums all three still sound different enough from each other.

I immediately thought of Maiden after I posted it! lol They are the ultimate counterargument to me here, for the exact reason you've said. They can do very similar melodies and rhythms and song structures over and over again, yet it works like magic almost every time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I immediately thought of Maiden after I posted it! lol They are the ultimate counterargument to me here, for the exact reason you've said. They can do very similar melodies and rhythms and song structures over and over again, yet it works like magic almost every time.

Also, Error was recorded two years ago and delayed because of covid. The band supposedly already has the songs for the next album ready to go. So, even though this is the new album, we don't really know where they are as song writers right now.

• Like 1

So, they are currently on tour opening for Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless. Lzzy Hale is such a big fan of Dany that she came out during The Warning's set and gifted Dany a guitar that she used to play which she modified so Dany could use it. Here's a video showing a few different angles and a little bit of Dany playing it.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1