The Warning

49 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I have that with some of the songs MCR sang about murder. I'm screaming the lyrics in the happiest voice ever not realising the lyrics are about cleaning blood off the sheets and shooting people 😂

Yeah, why would you make songs about obsessive stalking and murder catchy? They must have learned from Ghost 😆

Queen of the Murder Scene has some great stuff on it but both of the two full-length albums are pretty uneven to me, which is understandable because they were all teenagers when they made it so they were still finding their sound and figuring out what they were. I think this current EP is them really hitting their stride.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thizzellewashington said:

Queen of the Murder Scene has some great stuff on it but both of the two full-length albums are pretty uneven to me, which is understandable because they were all teenagers when they made it so they were still finding their sound and figuring out what they were. I think this current EP is them really hitting their stride.

I agree about the new EP. They really did make a jump to the next level with it. The fact that they did those two albums as teenagers is what impresses me the most.

4 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

If you like concept albums then check out their album Queen of the Murder Scene. Who knew an album about a woman who is so obsessively in love with someone that she resorts to murder could be so enjoyable and fun to sing along with.

Wait I think I need that in my life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

We all need The Warning in our lives.

I bought it. There's a song called Crimson Queen. I sampled it and that was the last straw. Sadly there don't seem to be physical copies of any of their releases? Digital it is then.

Also what? They were on the Metallica Blacklist covers album? With... Alessia Cara singing? Why tho... why not just let The Warning sing for themselves? Oh well, exposure is exposure. I wonder if a bunch of Alessia Cara fans are into The Warning now.

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I bought it. There's a song called Crimson Queen. I sampled it and that was the last straw. Sadly there don't seem to be physical copies of any of their releases? Digital it is then.

Also what? They were on the Metallica Blacklist covers album? With... Alessia Cara singing? Why tho... why not just let The Warning sing for themselves? Oh well, exposure is exposure. I wonder if a bunch of Alessia Cara fans are into The Warning now.

Yeah, I thought I was seeing the wrong thing on their website when it looked like there weren't physical copies of their albums. I thought I was looking in the wrong section. I guess I wasn't. Crimson Queen is the first song in the story. The song before it, Dust To Dust, is the prologue.

They did a cover of Enter Sandman back when they were just fetuses. I guess that video has like 30 million views and that's how they first got noticed. The cover for the Black album anniversary I think is an updated version of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

FWIW they do sell physical CDs of all their albums. They had them at the merch table when I saw them last month. I wanted to buy them but they were $20 each and I didn't feel like spending that much on three CDs. But they do exist.

They should sell them online too!

Of course they probably make more off of each disc only selling them in person, so more power to them. Another reason to go see them too. Actually kinda a smart marketing move for their level of popularity.

4 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

They should sell them online too!

Of course they probably make more off of each disc only selling them in person, so more power to them. Another reason to go see them too. Actually kinda a smart marketing move for their level of popularity.

They're the first band I've listened to that has grown up completely in the internet age. So, perhaps they know better than anyone that nobody buys albums anymore. Just about all their marketing seems to be done via the internet too. I don't think Lava is that big of a record label either. But they signed with them because they weren't going to control what the band wanted to do unlike the major labels who tried to recruit them.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

They're the first band I've listened to that has grown up completely in the internet age. So, perhaps they know better than anyone that nobody buys albums anymore. Just about all their marketing seems to be done via the internet too. I don't think Lava is that big of a record label either. But they signed with them because they weren't going to control what the band wanted to do unlike the major labels who tried to recruit them.

Sounds like they’re smart too. The record deal is more often than not botched by the band not knowing what they’re signing up for.  Much applause to them for holding out for creative control.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Sounds like they’re smart too. The record deal is more often than not botched by the band not knowing what they’re signing up for.  Much applause to them for holding out for creative control.

What do you think about Queen of the Murder Scene?

3 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

What do you think about Queen of the Murder Scene?

One listen so far. It was better than I expected. I really enjoyed it. It's got a lot more to unpack musically than I had anticipated.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

One listen so far. It was better than I expected. I really enjoyed it. It's got a lot more to unpack musically than I had anticipated.

Perhaps seeing the album performed live will help you unpack it.

1 hour ago, thizzellewashington said:

They just announced on their Patreon that the album is coming out June 24!

Great news!

I figured it was coming out in time for their tour with Halestorm and Pretty Reckless. Is the Mayday EP still the first part of the album or is it going to be all unreleased stuff?

25 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Great news!

I figured it was coming out in time for their tour with Halestorm and Pretty Reckless. Is the Mayday EP still the first part of the album or is it going to be all unreleased stuff?

It looks like all 6 songs from the EP as well as "Money" are going to be on the album but they're interspersed in the track list throughout so it's not like that was part 1 and the new stuff is part 2. 14 tracks in total.

Edited by thizzellewashington
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, thizzellewashington said:

It looks like all 6 songs from the EP as well as "Money" are going to be on the album but they're interspersed in the track list throughout so it's not like that was part 1 and the new stuff is part 2. 14 tracks in total.

Now, if they can get their shit together on getting the merch section on their website up and running again we'll be all set.

6 minutes ago, thizzellewashington said:

1. 404

2. Disciple

3. Choke

4. Animosity

5. Money

6. Amour

7. Evolve

8. Error

9. Z

10. 23

11. Kook Aid Kids

12. Revenant

13. Martirio

14. Breathe

Have you seen anything about how to get physical copies of the new album? I get that most people don't buy albums anymore and that's why the band has gone with the all digital approach. But they have nothing in their merch store and I think it would be good for them to at least have their music available in physical form for those who do want to have it that way. I feel like the band is really missing out on an extra revenue stream that can help them out as they start to rise in popularity. But I'm in my 40s and am no longer young and in touch with things. So, perhaps they know more than I do when it comes to this stuff.

7 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

I'm with you, I hope there's a physical release but I have no idea one way or the other.

I'm not sure why it irks me so much. We still get to hear the music regardless of the format. I guess it's the store being completely empty is what bothers me the most since I have never seen that with any other band unless it was a small local one.

1 hour ago, thizzellewashington said:

From what I'm hearing, there will eventually be a physical release (CD and vinyl) but it won't come out on the 24th because of manufacturing delays like every band is dealing with post-COVID.

Yeah, Dany said this during her live chat yesterday. I figured since everything has been opened back up for a while that manufacturing delays wouldn't be so bad still that we don't even have the option to order physical copies though. I'm not so sure about these people at Lava records right now.