The Warning

54 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

Could use more female dominated ones as well.  Last one I remember being popular were The Donnas.  I used to have their Spend the Night CD when Take It Off came out.

Check out the Pretty Reckless' most recent album "Death by Rock & Roll." One of my favorites of 2021, absolutely kick-ass.

There's another very young (similar ages to the Warning girls) all-female band out now called Plush whose sound is a little more post-grunge/mainstream radio-rock than my tastes normally are but they're extremely talented and worth checking out.

Edited by thizzellewashington

55 minutes ago, thizzellewashington said:

Check out the Pretty Reckless' most recent album "Death by Rock & Roll." One of my favorites of 2021, absolutely kick-ass.

There's another very young (similar ages to the Warning girls) all-female band out now called Plush whose sound is a little more post-grunge/mainstream radio-rock than my tastes normally are but they're extremely talented and worth checking out.

The Warning is going to support The Pretty Reckless and Halestorm this summer. The perfect tour for them to get on.

45 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

The Warning is going to support The Pretty Reckless and Halestorm this summer. The perfect tour for them to get on.

Halestorm is a good comp for Plush, actually.

The Pretty Reckless announced a handful of headlining dates today and the Warning are on some of them but not the one near me. But that's cool because their opener on my date is Ayron Jones, another one of my favorite newer rock artists. I made a thread about him last spring but it didn't really take off. His debut album is killer.

Edited by thizzellewashington

4 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Could use more female dominated ones as well.  Last one I remember being popular were The Donnas.  I used to have their Spend the Night CD when Take It Off came out.

This is true. Metal has plenty of big name female fronted bands, but hard rock? Not so much, at least not a huge amount of proper quality (I know that's subjective though)

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

This is true. Metal has plenty of big name female fronted bands, but hard rock? Not so much, at least not a huge amount of proper quality (I know that's subjective though)

I haven't been paying much attention to rock in recent years. Was hearing too many bands trying to sound like Imagine Dragons getting played on my local rock station and it turned me off of the genre. I went further into metal because of that which isn't a bad thing. But The Warning has reignited a love for rock that I haven't felt in a while.

5 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I haven't been paying much attention to rock in recent years. Was hearing too many bands trying to sound like Imagine Dragons getting played on my local rock station and it turned me off of the genre. I went further into metal because of that which isn't a bad thing. But The Warning has reignited a love for rock that I haven't felt in a while.

Yeah, there's a LOT of really good newer/younger rock out right now that isn't gimmicky or corny like a lot of "throwback" sounding stuff is. (Greta Van Fleet for example I know has a lot of fans but to me they sound like a parody of a band trying to be Zeppelin.)

Some of my favorites besides the Warning: Ayron Jones, Rival Sons, Dirty Honey, Mammoth WVH (Eddie Van Halen's son Wolfgang's new solo project), the Pretty Reckless, Crown Lands (sound a lot like Rush, I think they've been talked about on here before)

• Like 1

Rush- Rush 

Savatage- Hall Of The Mountain King 

1 minute ago, Segue Myles said:

Rush- Rush 

Savatage- Hall Of The Mountain King 

Wrong thread, lol

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Wrong thread, lol

Nah, it's the right thread. I'm always right. I'm never wrong.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 6:31 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

A few inappropriate posts were removed from this thread. First time we've had to do that in years. Can we remember where we are and not make such posts anymore? Thanks in advance.

Notice I didn't name any names. Such courtesies won't be extended next time, and neither will holding back on extending a long suspension.

Edited to add, kind of ironic that I had to issue a warning for the first time in a while in a thread about a band called....

lol nice

On 5/10/2022 at 7:23 PM, invisible airwave said:

yeah The Donnas kicked ass, i feel like in a way this band is The Donnas 2.0

4 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

yeah The Donnas kicked ass, i feel like in a way this band is The Donnas 2.0

Sure, they would be The Donna's 2.0 if they were only marginally talented and couldn't be taken seriously as songwriters or musicians. But The Warning is the exact opposite of that.

Damn, I think my love affair with this band has finally gotten serious after saying that 😆

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Sure, they would be The Donna's 2.0 if they were only marginally talented and couldn't be taken seriously as songwriters or musicians. But The Warning is the exact opposite of that.

Damn, I think my love affair with this band has finally gotten serious after saying that 😆

that’s kind of f***ed up to say about The Donnas 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

that’s what makes them comparable 

Soooo....you're saying The Warning aren't that good?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

not at all, they ROCK!

So you're saying The Donnas also rock?

Just now, Mr. Not said:

The Donnas are way better, if i had to put the two up against each other i'd say that The Warning sucks c**k

Okay. Guess I was just confused by your use of the word comparable earlier.

If you like concept albums then check out their album Queen of the Murder Scene. Who knew an album about a woman who is so obsessively in love with someone that she resorts to murder could be so enjoyable and fun to sing along with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/12/2022 at 12:40 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Yeah I don't see the connection to The Donna's at all. Just being female doesn't immediately make you comparable.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

If you like concept albums then check out their album Queen of the Murder Scene. Who knew an album about a woman who is so obsessively in love with someone that she resorts to murder could be so enjoyable and fun to sing along with.

I have that with some of the songs MCR sang about murder. I'm screaming the lyrics in the happiest voice ever not realising the lyrics are about cleaning blood off the sheets and shooting people 😂

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Yeah I don't see the connection to The Donna's at all. Just being female doesn't immediately make you comparable.

That's really the only connection. They're both all female bands.