The Warning

For those of you who have Sirius XM, they were on the show "Debatable" on Volume yesterday. About a 15 minute interview and then a three-song performance (Money, Choke, Evolve). They said that the current EP is actually the first half of their upcoming album which will be out later this year, so that's exciting.

13 minutes ago, thizzellewashington said:

For those of you who have Sirius XM, they were on the show "Debatable" on Volume yesterday. About a 15 minute interview and then a three-song performance (Money, Choke, Evolve). They said that the current EP is actually the first half of their upcoming album which will be out later this year, so that's exciting.

My friend said he's heard them getting played on Octane. I have Sirius XM but usually have it on Liquid Metal or Ozzy's Boneyard. That's probably why I haven't heard them before. Good to know that the radio is playing them a bit. Even with the internet, it seems like a lot of people still hear about bands via the radio.

Some people I know posted on Fakebook they went to see them live. I was thinking like, “hey, that thread at TRF”. 

Perhaps a session on on Amazon Music is in order. 

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm ready to be the conductor 😆

Maybe later today. I'm suddenly inspired today to do a bunch of recording after I finish listening to my King Crimson album that just came in.

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I might hop on this train. 

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm ready to be the conductor 😆

Is there a lounge car with a full bar? 

2 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

So, the band must have someone who works for them recording their shows. There's a number of full shows of decent quality on YouTube.

Honestly I think that's the right way to do things.  With how expensive tickets are nowadays, people want to have a good idea of what you're like live if they're going to pay to see you, or more importantly to spend their live music money on you and not some more popular established band with more expensive tickets.  And it's just so easy to put out some decent audio and video recordings on the internet, there's really no reason not to. I think it discourages bootleggers too if the stuff your putting out is already pretty good quality.  Personally, I don't have a problem with bootleggers.  It's free promotion.  But if you do I think this helps solve the issue.

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Honestly I think that's the right way to do things.  With how expensive tickets are nowadays, people want to have a good idea of what you're like live if they're going to pay to see you, or more importantly to spend their live music money on you and not some more popular established band with more expensive tickets.  And it's just so easy to put out some decent audio and video recordings on the internet, there's really no reason not to. I think it discourages bootleggers too if the stuff your putting out is already pretty good quality.  Personally, I don't have a problem with bootleggers.  It's free promotion.  But if you do I think this helps solve the issue.

I highly doubt their ticket prices would be too high currently. But it is a good idea especially for a lesser known band to do this as a way to promote. They have their own YouTube channel and there's another one called The Warning Army. Given their ages it looks like they know how to embrace technology to the fullest.

• Like 1

A few inappropriate posts were removed from this thread. First time we've had to do that in years. Can we remember where we are and not make such posts anymore? Thanks in advance.

Notice I didn't name any names. Such courtesies won't be extended next time, and neither will holding back on extending a long suspension.

Edited to add, kind of ironic that I had to issue a warning for the first time in a while in a thread about a band called....

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

9 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I think this is my favorite riff from them.

The lead singer seems like a really good example of someone without a ton of range who's still able to pick melodies that resonant and are anthemic, and her tone is really good too. Very round.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 10:23 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

The lead singer seems like a really good example of someone without a ton of range who's still able to pick melodies that resonant and are anthemic, and her tone is really good too. Very round.

This song probably best shows her vocal range.

Edited by J2112YYZ

On 5/9/2022 at 3:23 AM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Why are you talking like Simon Cowell 😂

13 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

He's in his early 20s. All he learned about critiquing vocals came from American Idol 😆

I think her voice is absolutely fine, and doesn't really need such a hard critique 😂😂😂

8 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I think her voice is absolutely fine, and doesn't really need such a hard critique 😂😂😂

It wasn’t a harsh critique though, I was giving her a big compliment!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

He's in his early 20s. All he learned about critiquing vocals came from American Idol 😆

I….I cannot definitely deny this, lol.

• Haha 1