The Warning

I feel like I'm not in the right mood at this very moment to appreciate the economy of their song craft and tightness of their playing.  They definitely have both of those qualities, but I'm in a kinda headspace right now that needs something really ostentatious, probably because I've been feeling lately my own songwriting is rather generic.

Anyway they seem good!

• Haha 1

They're great live, too. Very tight and all three of them sing, including the drummer which I'm always impressed by. I agree they should be bigger but it's only a matter of time.

The two full-length albums I like some stuff on but you could tell that they were young and still figuring out what they wanted their sound to be. The new EP, though, is absolutely killer from start to finish.

4 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

They're great live, too. Very tight and all three of them sing, including the drummer which I'm always impressed by. I agree they should be bigger but it's only a matter of time.

The two full-length albums I like some stuff on but you could tell that they were young and still figuring out what they wanted their sound to be. The new EP, though, is absolutely killer from start to finish.

I'm think the pandemic probably delayed them getting more well known. If they were trapped in Mexico for a while and couldn't tour that no doubt slowed their growth down. Still, they have a bunch of catchy tunes. Rock radio could play something from them. Just about every song on their debut could be a hit.

On 4/25/2022 at 6:16 PM, P-Tor said:

Yes!  I discovered them a few months ago and I've been obsessed with them ever since.  Can't wait to see them in June.

Nothing creepy to read into here.

Found this on YouTube -- a video of their full set opening for the Foo Fighters in Mexico City last month, has to have been one of the Foos' last shows before Taylor died. But they sound great and own the stage at a massive venue. They'll be ready for it when they do get bigger and start playing bigger venues. The club I saw them at last week held maybe 200 people.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 2:32 PM, stoopid said:

Nothing creepy to read into here.

Let's not lie, all three being nice looking young ladies will be a big part of their appeal and will help get people's attention. But they have the songs to back it up and will make it even further because of that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ReRushed said:

Rock ain't dead.

Damn right it's not. Even besides the Warning, there are at least a half-dozen other very new/young rock acts that I'm genuinely really excited about. They're up there for me but far from the only one. And the Warning getting a great crowd at the show I saw, even at a small venue, is really encouraging to me.

I don't think it will be too long before they blow up huge. With them being so young they may have run into some issues when it came to touring and maybe even working outside of Mexico. Plus, the pandemic no doubt screwed things up. They just need to get on the road and show people who they are.

Edited by J2112YYZ

41 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't think it will be too long before they blow up huge. With them being so young they may have run into some issues when it came to touring and maybe even working outside of Mexico. Plus, the pandemic no doubt screwed things up. They just need to get on the road and show people who they are.

I am loving them, I have to say. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Yep, it's crazy they're this good at such a young age. Their ability to write hooks is something special.

And they are really good songs! 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 6:43 PM, grep said:

They sound really good.  Going to keep my eye on them.

Their cover of Enter Sandman was very creative and ended very satisfyingly

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Their cover of Enter Sandman was very creative and ended very satisfyingly

Very satisfying is what I would call their music. Each song has a "this is the shit" vibe for me.

59 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Very satisfying is what I would call their music. Each song has a "this is the shit" vibe for me.

Absolutely! It's got a timeless rock sound as well. It's not anything new, it's just fresh enough it could be SOMETHING