Is Ozzy Finally Done Touring?

J2112YYZ

It does look that way by the design of the new wing, but it sounds like Ozzy himself isn’t ready to call it quits on the road, even if his son thinks he’s going to or he should.

The weird thing for me is the running joke that Ozzy will outlive us all. He’s so often presented as this unkillable crazy guy (who reportedly doesn’t have 100% human dna) that the idea of him taking ill and retiring just doesn’t seem real. It would be like if Keith Richards decided to call it quits.  But of course they are human, and it’s silly to believe they could just go on living. But the joke does kind of influence your expectations.

• Like 1

I think the best thing for him to do might be just to schedule a couple Ozzfests each summer if he still wants to perform. Play a couple shows every year then relax for the rest of it. It would probably be easier for him to perform if he has enough time to prepare for it and only does a few shows a year.

• Like 2

Not surprised. I think a lot of his fans weren't wanting him to put himself through a tour anyway. So why not hang out at home and record new music when possible?

9 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

I think the best thing for him to do might be just to schedule a couple Ozzfests each summer if he still wants to perform. Play a couple shows every year then relax for the rest of it. It would probably be easier for him to perform if he has enough time to prepare for it and only does a few shows a year.

That sounds like a great idea! Zumbi on here would be disappointed though. I think he has tickets for that Ozzy final tour.