Strombo interview with Geddy and Alex

goose

55 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Split from the MP 40th anniversary thread.

I posted this interview after we first reopened after the software update, but it got lost when we had to close and fix things. It deserves its own topic again.

Thanks, Boss!

There are a lot of very sincere moments throughout, touching on Neil's death, keeping a hopeful attitude in this age of ugly media, and friendship .  One in particular section reminded me of how my high school buddies, who became my long-time RUSH geek tour brigade, feel about each other.  It starts around the 31-minute mark with Geddy and Alex talking about a recent dinner together.

• Like 2

Geddy’s wise comments about TIME and what you do with it……Priceless.  

• Like 5

On 4/23/2022 at 4:56 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Split from the MP 40th anniversary thread.

I posted this interview after we first reopened after the software update, but it got lost when we had to close and fix things. It deserves its own topic again.

Might as well  repeat what I said then. If you watch one interview from the last five years or so. This is the one. Pretty much lays out everything that went down in the recent past.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 2:56 PM, goose said:

Thanks, Boss!

There are a lot of very sincere moments throughout, touching on Neil's death, keeping a hopeful attitude in this age of ugly media, and friendship .  One in particular section reminded me of how my high school buddies, who became my long-time RUSH geek tour brigade, feel about each other.  It starts around the 31-minute mark with Geddy and Alex talking about a recent dinner together.

Probably one of the best interviews I've seen. Watched it a few times now. It's up there with watching Rush have dinner together. I understand the part about long term friendships. I'm still in contact with my best friend from high school days. We've known each other for about 40 years. And, yes, he's a Rush fan. And Triumph.

• Like 3

On 4/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, ozzy85 said:

Probably one of the best interviews I've seen. Watched it a few times now. It's up there with watching Rush have dinner together. I understand the part about long term friendships. I'm still in contact with my best friend from high school days. We've known each other for about 40 years. And, yes, he's a Rush fan. And Triumph.

Their long-term friendship probably accounted for 50% of the fans' adoration, by the end.

• Like 1