New issue of PROG magazine will feature Rush

blueschica

This is the new issue of PROG magazine from Britain; they are doing a special feature on Rush and the Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary.  It will go on sale in the US May 20th; Barnes and Noble usually carries it. 

For anyone not wanting to take a chance at Barnes and Noble; I ordered direct through Magazines Direct; I have ordered there before and they are reliable. They are actually taking orders starting today; I know they often sell out of the Rush issues so don't wait too long! :biggrin:  $15.99 including shipping. https://www.magazinesdirect.com/az-single-issues/47052423/prog-magazine-single-issue.thtml?

7N75J0Ul.jpg

Here's the cover of Prog 129, which is on sale this Friday April 22 (US on sale May 20).
We celebrate RUSH's classic 1981 album Moving Pictures in the cover. As the band release an epic 40th Anniversary Deluxe box set of their eighth studio album, we speak to Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson, interviewed together for the first time in ages, as they tell us the story of the making of the album.
There are also brand new interviews with Caravan founder Dave Sinclair, Renaissance's Annie Haslam on the making of Scheherazade And Other Stories, Neu! founder Michael Rother, Alex Lifeson's new outfit Envy of None, Tiger Moth Tales, Roger Eno (Official), Kaprekar's Constant, 80s prog trio Craft, Pattern-Seeking Animals, Symphony X's Michael J. Romeo, Jenny Hval, The Emerald Dawn, Anders Buass and more...
There's also a tribute to the late Procol Harum singer and pianist Gary Brooker, plus four great Rush post cards and a 16-track Tigermoth Records sampler featuring music from Magenta, Cyan, Robert Reed, Tom Newman, Kiama and more...
That's Prog 129. On sale this Friday April 22.
Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

I get Prog. mag on subscription. This edition just arrived with me yesterday so I haven't had a chance yet to go through it.

It's not a cheap magazine, but if, like me, you are big into Prog, It is an invaluable read.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zepphead said:

I get Prog. mag on subscription. This edition just arrived with me yesterday so I haven't had a chance yet to go through it.

It's not a cheap magazine, but if, like me, you are big into Prog, It is an invaluable read.

I subscribe to their sister publication, Classic Rock  :)    It's getting to be a lot of the same thing lately though, so I'm thinking of switching to Prog.  I like that both magazines are still large format and have great photos!

• Like 1

I subscribe to Classic Rock also. In the UK I would say that Classic Rock and Prog are the best of this sort of publication out there.

I would suggest trying both mags first before deciding to switch from one to t'other. 

For me personally I find that both mags cover all bases........ albeit at a bit of additional cost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zepphead said:

I subscribe to Classic Rock also. In the UK I would say that Classic Rock and Prog are the best of this sort of publication out there.

I would suggest trying both mags first before deciding to switch from one to t'other. 

For me personally I find that both mags cover all bases........ albeit at a bit of additional cost.

Great idea! I should have been thinking of that! :musik19: