RIP Guy Lafleur, 1951-2022.

pjbear05

Montreal Canadiens icon Guy Lafleur passes away at 70. No cause given, but in 2020 he revealed his lung cancer had returned.  He had also underwent double bypass surgey in 2019  RIP, Guy.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this.  I haven't liked, and been a Montreal Canadians' fan, but I've liked, and had no problem, and issue with "Guy Lafleur", and he earned my respect like "Mike Bossy" did from the New York Islanders.  Both of them are, and or were considered, and classified as all-time greats, and legends, too.  In a week, first, "Mike Bossy", and now, "Guy Lafleur".  Both of them will be missed, and remembered.  My condolences, and sympathies, to their families, and friends.  R.I.P., Guy, and Mike. 

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Bossy and Lafleur, two of the best gentleman scorers the game has seen, gone in the same week. :sad:

Crap, heard nothing about Bossy, not even an announcement or obit in the paper!  RIP, Mike.

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Crap, heard nothing about Bossy, not even an announcement or obit in the paper!  RIP, Mike.

Yeah, I saw him being an NHL analyst on French-Canadian TV only a few weeks ago, laughing it up, making jokes. And then life throws you a curve ball...

• Like 1

I collected hockey cards for one year in either 77 or 78. I had never even watched a single NHL game at that point, I was only 8 years old or so. I don't even know how many packs I bought, but the only card I remember was LaFleur's, because I thought "Guy" was odd name.  All I ever knew about him was from reading the back of his card, and saw that he scored a lot of goals.