We will not go quietly

On 4/23/2022 at 10:05 AM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

What makes this unreadable?

I guess it could be that most text is black on white now instead of black on that light red / brown color, which was (I believe) very easy on the eyes. White on black is a lot higher contrast, and less forgiving as a result. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 8:05 AM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

What makes this unreadable?

It is so glaringly white, guess I will have to adjust my screen.  It just is too bright for me.  I guess I got used to the muted colors.  It would be worse with a black background though...:scared:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

It is so glaringly white, guess I will have to adjust my screen.  It just is too bright for me.  I guess I got used to the muted colors.

I always have the brightness on my screens turned right down, laptop set to night mode and so on. Always a good idea to reduce eye strain :cool:

Most of the pages I visit are not so bright and I have the night time filter that dims it at night but will have to adjust it during the day.  It's like getting a sunburn...but please no black that would be even worse!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

Most of the pages I visit are not so bright and I have the night time filter that dims it at night but will have to adjust it during the day.  It's like getting a sunburn...but please no black that would be even worse!

Dark pages with light text are awful, and my eyes tire after less than a minute on such pages. We would never do that here.

On the red theme here the pages are actually not white, but a very light grey. For comparison, switch to the white theme and you'll see pure white.