We will not go quietly

The deal was, the database was creating duplicate log files -- large bigass files, and a shit ton of them -- and those log files were filling up our storage space in a hurry. The problem was finding the exact setting and disabling it, which we finally did. The techs at Invision did some fine detective work there, and we thank them, along with my tech friend who went above and beyond to help get this place healthy again.

Report any issues in here.

• Like 9

Youze guyz should get big shiny medals for dealing with such adversity.   :new_thumbsupsmileyanim:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Youze guyz should get big shiny medals for dealing with such adversity.   :new_thumbsupsmileyanim:

I agree!  the Pittsburghese would be Yinz guys!  Yinz guys should get big shiny medals!    :applaudit:

All joking aside, thank you for all of the work.  I missed TRF when it was gone!

• Like 3

A big, warm thank you! :heart:This forum feels like my Internet home, and getting it renovated is a great thing. :new_thumbsupsmileyanim::cheer:

• Like 6

Upgrading from 3.4 to 4.6 is not easy, especially when there are eight years in between versions with a lot of internet advancements during that span. Guaranteed to have hiccups. That's my fault for not upgrading sooner.

Right now everything is loading smoothly and the storage working normally. Still have some theme work to do and I want to try and get the tinker toy icons and anniversaries reinstated.

• Like 3

Guest Syrinx

Hi all.  Thanks for all the work.  I can't login under my old username Syrinx - it is asking for an email and to sign up?

5 minutes ago, Guest Syrinx said:

Hi all.  Thanks for all the work.  I can't login under my old username Syrinx - it is asking for an email and to sign up?

No, you just need to login with the email address you used when you joined instead of your username. Your account is still intact.

You know, maybe we should go back to logging in with our usernames. This is too inconvenient for people who joined here 10+ years ago and might not use their original email anymore.

• Like 2

Wow, what the hell has this turned into?  I realize it was a lot of work but this is very unreadable, very hard on the eyes.  Not sure I will be using this as much.  Change is necessary I know but this was a shock, my easy to use forum is gone.  :sad:

Edited by Rhyta

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Wow, what the hell has this turned into?  I realize it was a lot of work but this is very unreadable, very hard on the eyes.  Not sure I will be using this as much.  Change is necessary I know but this was a shock, my easy to use forum is gone.  :sad:

Huh? I've had zero problems reading and navigating the new layout. This seems simpler to me than the old one and that one was easy too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rhyta said:

What makes this unreadable?

This is a nice upgrade from the old look of the Board. I’ll kind of miss the old archaic look of the board but this is a very sleek modern look and I dig it. Just gives me another reason to keep coming back after 3 years. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

What makes this unreadable?

Lead us not into temptation.

38 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Is there no "preview," function before posting, or am I missing something?

There is, the right-most button on the toolbar. It gives you a pop-up preview window that you can click off. The preview doesn't look much different than what you're typing in, though.