Well, that sucked.

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Notice everyone's avatars only say Member now instead of Long Awaited Froind and such.  Is that gone for good?

Good point, I hadn't noticed that!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Notice everyone's avatars only say Member now instead of Long Awaited Froind and such.  Is that gone for good?

3 hours ago, blueschica said:

Good point, I hadn't noticed that!  

That's something we're going to try to get back. All those member titles are still stored away, we just have to do a mod to be able to display them again.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

That's something we're going to try to get back. All those member titles are still stored away, we just have to do a mod to be able to display them again.

Good, I was hoping that was the case.  This has been a lot of work for you and I do appreciate it  (even though I had to get grumpy a bit).  Thanks for the info.

• Like 3

On 4/20/2022 at 2:47 PM, Laurabw said:

Did all my friends leave me??

I also noticed that our "friends" are no longer visible on the profile page. I didn't have all that many anyway, and most of them are no longer active!

I bumped your post because 73 never responded to it.  

• Like 1

On 4/20/2022 at 3:47 PM, Laurabw said:

On 4/28/2022 at 7:10 AM, HomesickAlien said:

I also noticed that our "friends" are no longer visible on the profile page. I didn't have all that many anyway, and most of them are no longer active!

Something else we need to look into. I never paid much attention to the friends thing, it always seemed like a Facebook thing to me. Besides, we're all friends here!

Isn't there a Followers thing here now? Not that I like that idea much either, that seems like a religious cult thing to me. :unsure:

• Like 2

On 4/20/2022 at 2:47 PM, Laurabw said:

On 4/28/2022 at 6:10 AM, HomesickAlien said:

10 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Something else we need to look into. I never paid much attention to the friends thing, it always seemed like a Facebook thing to me. Besides, we're all friends here!

Isn't there a Followers thing here now? Not that I like that idea much either, that seems like a religious cult thing to me. :unsure:

How long have you been here now? :tongue:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Something else we need to look into. I never paid much attention to the friends thing, it always seemed like a Facebook thing to me. Besides, we're all friends here!

Yeah, followers sounds a little creepy... In my experience followers are just as likely if not more so to be stalkers as friends.

So curious to know, all the old photos that have been uploaded to each thread are lost to time forever now or is there a chance they can be brought back?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Time Stood Still said:

So curious to know, all the old photos that have been uploaded to each thread are lost to time forever now or is there a chance they can be brought back?

Which photos? Could you give an example of a thread where they're missing?

3 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

The old photos in the Geddy Lee is Hot and Geddy is Hot Mk. II threads. Also, I don't if this is just me but I was trying to start a new topic in Roll The Bones and trying to insert a photo into the topic I was creating and anytime I would put the the URL for the image into the bar and press insert into post it would just load for a few seconds and then do absolutely nothing, like the picture wouldn't show up. So I'm curious to know if there's anything up with that as well. 

42 minutes ago, Time Stood Still said:

27 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

20 minutes ago, Time Stood Still said:

The old photos in the Geddy Lee is Hot and Geddy is Hot Mk. II threads. Also, I don't if this is just me but I was trying to start a new topic in Roll The Bones and trying to insert a photo into the topic I was creating and anytime I would put the the URL for the image into the bar and press insert into post it would just load for a few seconds and then do absolutely nothing, like the picture wouldn't show up. So I'm curious to know if there's anything up with that as well. 

Looks like a lot of those old photos were hosted on Photobucket.com. Most of us used Photobucket back in the day. They had free accounts when they first opened, which most of us here used, and after a few years of people uploading hundreds of their favorite photos and memes to their website they got greedy and started charging a lot of money to keep displaying those images. Pay this new membership fee or your many images would no longer display properly. Most people didn't pay it, and what we're left with now are just a bunch of dead links.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fordgalaxy said:

What's the method for posting a video vs just a link? None of the things at the top of this box seem to be what I'm looking for. 

Just paste the link into your post. It will automatically embed it, and also give you the option at the bottom if you want to post it as a link (or "plain text").

If you're posting from YouTube, hit the Share link below the video and copy and paste the link they give you.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Just paste the link into your post. It will automatically embed it, and also give you the option at the bottom if you want to post it as a link (or "plain text").

If you're posting from YouTube, hit the Share link below the video and copy and paste the link they give you.

Grassy ass.

Did we lose the old :haz: emoji? The one of a head banging dude throwing the horns in both hands?

On 4/26/2022 at 11:40 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Good - I'd like to get 'God Of Pants' restored. It's been on my mind for a while now. :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

In retrospect, that did suck

But there's lots of things that suck.  This was only one of those things. 

• Like 1