Analog Chorus Settings

Brad737

Hello, all.

I have a Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus for my pedalboard. It’s supposed to be an exact clone of the Boss CE-1 circuit, but with both Speed and Intensity knobs. It sounds great on pretty much all settings. But I was wondering if anyone could share some good settings to get some of Al’s early tones?

Thanks,

Brad

h68Lpc3.jpg

I'm not sure we can determine what exact settings Alex used on those albums. (For me, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves have my favorite of his classic chorused tones.) The approach I'd take is, don't overdo it with the speed and intensity. You want a nice and lush sound without venturing into a warbly vibrato thing.

I have a GNI Dual Analog Chorus but I imagine the settings are similar across different pedals. I'd start with the speed in the 10-11 o'clock range, and then adjust the intensity so that the chorus effect is noticeable but not overbearing to the point where the tone of your guitar is lost.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 11:16 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

I'm not sure we can determine what exact settings Alex used on those albums. (For me, Hemispheres and Permanent Waves have my favorite of his classic chorused tones.) The approach I'd take is, don't overdo it with the speed and intensity. You want a nice and lush sound without venturing into a warbly vibrato thing.

I have a GNI Dual Analog Chorus but I imagine the settings are similar across different pedals. I'd start with the speed in the 10-11 o'clock range, and then adjust the intensity so that the chorus effect is noticeable but not overbearing to the point where the tone of your guitar is lost.

This'll wake you up: