Software Update Incoming

All of the archiving and pruning we've done has improved things, but we still don't have everything working correctly, so we're going to do a full upgrade of the board software at some point in the next couple of days, and if all goes well we'll be back up in a day or so. I'll try and give as much advance notice as I can as far as the exact time we're shutting down, but don't be shocked if all of a sudden the board is either in maintenance more or down altogether.

If it doesn't go well the board will be back up in it's current form until we can figure out the next move.

If it does go well, we'll have shiny new digs where things like searches and View New Content actually work, and no more 404s. I'll have to make new skins but that's okay.

• Like 2

If I may suggest:

Take the board down on Friday and bring it back up on Sunday.

:lol:

Me and by tech friend will need to do this when we can sync up our schedules, which at the moment looks to be before the weekend. Plus, it's Easter weekend and I have Easter things to do. ;)

If I may suggest:

Me and by tech friend will need to do this when we can sync up our schedules, which at the moment looks to be before the weekend. Plus, it's Easter weekend and I have Easter things to do. ;)

Are you suggesting there will be a lot of easter eggs in the new forum software? Mmmmm... eggs...

1f3a888e_Homer-Drooling.jpeg

• Like 1

If I may suggest:

Are you suggesting there will be a lot of easter eggs in the new forum software? Mmmmm... eggs...

That would be interesting. A message board Easter egg hunt. That's actually doable. Like, there's a gif of an Easter egg edited into one of our 3.7 million posts. Go find it. Winner gets...I dunno, something.

• Like 2

If I may suggest:

That would be interesting. A message board Easter egg hunt. That's actually doable. Like, there's a gif of an Easter egg edited into one of our 3.7 million posts. Go find it. Winner gets...I dunno, something.

Winner gets an extra vote in the final round of _hi_water's_ ultimate final album showdown elimination poll series that I'm speculating he's been working up to for quite some time!

• Like 3