Which FARM is best?

treeduck

Which Farm is best?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which farm is best?

• The farm in Bad Motor Scooter by Montrose
    • The farm in Red Barchetta

The one in Bad Motor Scooter or the one in Red Barchetta? So it's Sammy Hagar's girlfriend's daddy's farm or the guy in Red Barchetta's uncle's farm. We don't get enough farms in ROCK, that's why I'm asking this kind of abstract question! There is no logic in this, it's a feel thing.

I'm not familiar with the farm in Bad Motor Scooter. Hard to believe it could beat the one in Red Barchetta though. Especially if we're talking about lyrics written by Hagar vs ones written by Peart. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 3

I'm not familiar with the farm in Bad Motor Scooter. Hard to believe it could beat the one in Red Barchetta though. Especially if we're talking about lyrics written by Hagar vs ones written by Peart.

Hagar's best lyrics don't beat anything Neil wrote prior to 1989...maybe 1987. And I'm someone who thinks Hagar did write a handful of really good lyrics.

I'm not familiar with the farm in Bad Motor Scooter. Hard to believe it could beat the one in Red Barchetta though. Especially if we're talking about lyrics written by Hagar vs ones written by Peart.

Hagar's best lyrics don't beat anything Neil wrote prior to 1989...maybe 1987. And I'm someone who thinks Hagar did write a handful of really good lyrics.

Hagar's best lyrics never beat anything Neil wrote. And I like Van Hagar better than most do.

Hagar's best lyrics never beat anything Neil wrote. And I like Van Hagar better than most do.

I dunno, I think Dreams is better than Anagram

Anything from 5150 has better lyrics than Anagram.
  • Like 1

Nothing beats this. Its like taking the image of sex, and putting it on a farm. Brilliant!

• Like 2

I voted for the uncle's weird farm ( why does no one know about it? ) but I'm also a fan of Junior's farm and Maggie's farm ;)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

Nah, even with Neil's worst lyrics, you can tell he usually took the time to think things out a bit. Not sure Sammy ever did that with his.

Nah, even with Neil's worst lyrics, you can tell he usually took the time to think things out a bit. Not sure Sammy ever did that with his.

I think he did a couple of times, and the results were pretty good. Dreams is a good example, but iirc Mine All Mine and The Seventh Seal are also good.

A choice between the farmer's daughter and the car in his barn?

Young me: Get on your bad motor scooter and ride!

Older, wiser me: Mecum Auctions here I come!

• Like 1