Rush classical/orchestral covers

Laurabw

I'm not sure the topic title was exactly clear, but I'm looking for groups that cover Rush, like, orchestras. Along the lines of Vitamin String Quartet has covered some of them. I can Google but figured I'd ask here first, anyone know any?
  • Like 2

I`ve not listened to it but the Vitamin stuff appears regularly on my Amazon recommendations. Have you listened it, and is it any good? I`m reluctant as I bought the Piano Reductions of Steve Vai`s music, and I got pretty bored before I was halfway through. I reckon there`s a good reason they`re originally played by the instruments of their creators! Edited by IbanezJem

thanks!

So I'm looking for this kinda stuff because I work from home. Part of my job involves proofreading, or a lot of cross-referencing of dates and details and things. So when I listen to songs with singing, my brain likes to sing along and I find it hard to focus on the task at hand. But if there's no music on at all, my brain then picks its own music which is often songs with words... it's not easy being me, lol. So I listen to a lot of electronica, classical, movie scores, etc. And now that I have my TT, I like to listen to vinyl to get me off my ass every half an hour or so to flip the record, otherwise I sit too long!

Oh, so I have listened to a bit of the VSQ stuff, and if it weren't for the reason I just said, I'd probably be bored too...

Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 1

thanks!

So I'm looking for this kinda stuff because I work from home. Part of my job involves proofreading, or a lot of cross-referencing of dates and details and things. So when I listen to songs with singing, my brain likes to sing along and I find it hard to focus on the task at hand. But if there's no music on at all, my brain then picks its own music which is often songs with words... it's not easy being me, lol. So I listen to a lot of electronica, classical, movie scores, etc. And now that I have my TT, I like to listen to vinyl to get me off my ass every half an hour or so to flip the record, otherwise I sit too long!

Oh, so I have listened to a bit of the VSQ stuff, and if it weren't for the reason I just said, I'd probably be bored too...

I don't know any particular albums, but I bet there are some good marching band shows on YouTube featuring Rush's music. iirc, Ohio State's marching band did one last year (that I still haven't watched... at least partly because I don't like OSU... but they do have a killer marching band). I also recall seeing a show by a drum corp back in 2014 or 2015 featuring quotes from LVS in the midst of a DSOTM show, as well as a couple snippets of Radiohead.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 4:25 PM, Laurabw said:

I found that on some random site and ordered it! Looks good!

Have that on CD with about half-dozen or so other ones. This one and Exit...Stage Right are my standout favorites. The rest are kind of a mixed bag.  The lullaby one isn't bad either.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 2:46 PM, The Cat 3 said:

so this FINALLY arrived today, it was shipped with another one that was just released (Joe Jackson and Todd live, sorry I had missed that one) - anyway, it's red. So far I love it! Their music totally lends itself to this kind of thing. And for me, it's the perfect ambient music while I'm working, though I am still somewhat filling in the lyrics in my head, lol.

• Like 1