RPG: Paris vs. Contamination (a.k.a. Contaminazione)

choose one  

4 members have voted

1. 1. album

• Supertramp - Paris
    • RDM - Contamination / Contaminazione
  2. 2. band

• Supertramp
    • RDM
  3. 3. Have you ever heard of RDM (Il Rovescio Della Medaglia)?

Was I the only one expecting Paris by The Cure?

The only Cure album in my collection is Disintigration, and I only have it on CD. So, unfortunately, The Cure is not currently a possibility for RPG... but I hope soon that will change. Is Paris a good one from them?

I voted Supertramp x 3.

I do like RPI but have yet to listen to any output by Il Rovescio Della Medaglia.

I had a quick look on Prog Archives and the ratings suggest that Contaminazione is their one great album.

Any enlightenment from you guys would be appreciated.

• Like 1

The only Cure album in my collection is Disintigration, and I only have it on CD. So, unfortunately, The Cure is not currently a possibility for RPG... but I hope soon that will change. Is Paris a good one from them?

Yes, it is. The bass tone is fantastic - Play For Today, In My House, Apart...just like being at the show.

• Like 1

Paris was one of the iconic live albums of the 70s. For the Cure, get Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me
  • Like 1

I voted Supertramp x 3.

I do like RPI but have yet to listen to any output by Il Rovescio Della Medaglia.

I had a quick look on Prog Archives and the ratings suggest that Contaminazione is their one great album.

It's a very weird one. I bought the English language version when I was in Italy (how ironic, I couldn't find the original Italian there), but honestly this is the one case where I think the English lyrics help me connect better with the music. It's a concept piece about a Scottish composer from the 1800s/1900s who believed he was Bach's son or grandson or something, and he has vivid delusions to confirm this theory to himself (and he also makes love to Mary or something? Like, the Virgin Mary from The Bible iirc... very weird.) The music contributes to the weirdness by infusing Bach's own compositions into the band's, and played by an actual orchestra and choir, so this really goes all the way with the idea of symphonic rock/prog. The melodies are beautiful and the arrangements take you on a vivid fever dream of a journey, the overall effect is stunning, but in a very unusual way. It's not one of my absolute favorites, but I would say it's a must listen from the RPI cannon.

• Like 1

I voted Supertramp x 3.

It's a very weird one. I bought the English language version when I was in Italy (how ironic, I couldn't find the original Italian there), but honestly this is the one case where I think the English lyrics help me connect better with the music. It's a concept piece about a Scottish composer from the 1800s/1900s who believed he was Bach's son or grandson or something, and he has vivid delusions to confirm this theory to himself (and he also makes love to Mary or something? Like, the Virgin Mary from The Bible iirc... very weird.) The music contributes to the weirdness by infusing Bach's own compositions into the band's, and played by an actual orchestra and choir, so this really goes all the way with the idea of symphonic rock/prog. The melodies are beautiful and the arrangements take you on a vivid fever dream of a journey, the overall effect is stunning, but in a very unusual way. It's not one of my absolute favorites, but I would say it's a must listen from the RPI cannon.

I will give it a spin tomorrow ... sounds intriguing!!
  • Like 1