13. Collapse Into Now (2011)

12. Accelerate (2008)

11. Up (1998)

10. New Adventures In Hi-Fi (1996)

9. Out Of Time (1991)

8. ???

7. ???

Edited by _hi_water._

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Like 2

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Does not compute. Monster? Out ? What ?

Edited by custom55
  • Like 2

Everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrybody HuRtZZzZ! sumtime

• Like 1

oohhh... Liiiiffe...is biggerrrrr...bigger than you...and you are not meeeee
  • Like 1

I remember when Automatic was released that the band had promised a return to a heavier sound. The album didn't deliver that, but beginning to end the songs were just so damn good.
  • Like 3

Fables of the construction is a great album, but it is outclassed by the remaining albums released before and after.

Bill Berry disowned the album and it took some time for Stipe and Buck to appreciate it.

Fables of the Reconstruction is one of their best. Top 3 at worst.

I leeeeft my shirrrrrt at the water's edddddge....

:eyeroll: :zzz:

I leeeeft my shirrrrrt at the water's edddddge....

:eyeroll: :zzz:

Sorryyyyyy...
  • Like 1

Fables of the construction is a great album, but it is outclassed by the remaining albums released before and after.

Bill Berry disowned the album and it took some time for Stipe and Buck to appreciate it.

Fables of the Reconstruction is one of their best. Top 3 at worst.

For me it feels appropriately placed where it will likely end up, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if it fared a bit better. I appreciate the folky musical elements and Southern Gothic themes and tracks like Maps and Legends, Can't Get There From Here and Driver 8 are amongst my personal favorites of their catalogue, but for my ears it feels a bit less consistent than some of their other albums. Those are just my opinions and the fun of these polls is to see where other people stack up!

Edited by spaceaudity11
  • Like 2

I remember when Automatic was released that the band had promised a return to a heavier sound. The album didn't deliver that, but beginning to end the songs were just so damn good.

There are different definitions of heavy. The Sweetness Follows might fit some better than What's The Frequency Kenneth.

• Like 1

I wanna see how far Document and Lifes Rich Pageant can go

I'm hoping LRP can win the whole thing.

• Like 1

I'm hoping LRP can win the whole thing.

Me too.

Their best two albums?

I assume 2-1

• Like 1

There are different definitions of heavy. The Sweetness Follows might fit some better than What's The Frequency Kenneth.

Sweetness Follows is a great track. Overall, the album is pretty mellow sonically, but it works.
  • Like 3

Sweetness Follows is a great track. Overall, the album is pretty mellow sonically, but it works.

I wouldn't say it's "heavy", but Ignoreland is intense compared to the other songs. The MTV VMA performance of Drive is kind of similar. Smashing Pumpkins pulled the same heavier sound for Disarm a year later there.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

I wouldn't say it's "heavy", but Ignoreland is intense compared to the other songs. The MTV VMA performance of Drive is kind of similar. Smashing Pumpkins pulled the same heavier sound for Disarm a year later there.

Disarm is totally what I'm talking about. It's not distorted and screaming or anything, but it's very heavy stuff.

• Like 2

The top five R.E.M. albums ranked correctly:

Murmur

Automatic for the People

Lifes Rich Pageant

Reckoning

Document

I haven't heard Reckoning, Fables, or anything after Monster, but I do like this ranking. Those are my top three as well, albeit in a different order.

• Like 1