Envy of None - Alex "Zivo" Lifeson - A simple poll - Are you buying a copy?

treeduck

Envy of None - Are you buying this album?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Envy of None - Are you buying this album?

• Yes, first day buyer, no hesitation. It's ordered!
    • No way, it's crap. Just because it's Lifeson doesn't make it worthwhile
    • Maybe, I'll think about it
    • I might wait and see, listen to it and see if it grows on me
    • Yes but I won't listen to it most likely
    • I'll buy it and sell it on ebay
    • I just fancy the young woman, I'm a pervert
    • I like the butch, old guy, I'm a man-chaser (Becky Blueschica)
    • Yes, at last a Lifeson release that you can dance the funky chicken neck to
    • I'll kill myself before ever buying a copy
    • I'll download it, I wouldn't pay a penny for it
    • I'll download it too, and if I get caught I'll say Fridge put me up to it, if I'm going down I'll bring him with me!
    • Fridge here, look no one is "bringing me down" anywhere. You couldn't handle the job.
    • This is Earl...It's not heavy metal! I WANT A HEAVY METAL ALBUM FROM LIFESON! f**k you ALL to HELL!
    • My name is Maverick, I prefer an album of instrumentals at the standard and style of La Villa and YYZ. Anything else is bullshite!
    • Tony R here, I challenge Fridge to a curmudgeon-off and if I lose I'll grudgingly buy a copy of the album. But that's never ever going to happen, no one can beat me, especially not Fridge!
    • Fridge here again, to Tony R: You better get ready to buy that album, you ain't beating me sonny Jim, not in this lifetime!
    • JohnnyBlaze here, I don't buy albums, I f**k hot women! I haven't got time for anything else, that's why I'm never here anymore! Now use your money to buy me drinks and stop being stupid...
    • Rod From RIO and Toronto here, I don't buy albums I run marathons and I stay hard for the full 26 miles. It helps to think about Tony R's rotund figure...
    • Zepphead here, when I heard this album was coming out I started selling myself on street corners to sailors. I did this to prove I wouldn't buy the album...that's my story anyway...Hello Sailor!!
    • 73 here to restore order...I'll take the copy that Tony R buys after he loses to Fridge!
    • Tony R here, to Fridge: you're gonna be old and grey before I ever lose a curmudgeon-off. 73 you'll have to get your copy from Fridge after he's lost and is a quivering mess
    • Becky Blueschica here, I'm the entertainment for the pre-tournament section of the curmudgeon-off. I'm going to strip for the boys!

If there are any hints of bitchin' Lifeson guitar anywhere in there, I probably will pick it up. I'll prefer it more if the songs are decently strong.

It isnt lifeson of rush so judging it on own merits as separate band and not feelin it really

His solo album was defo lifeson of rush just being a little different at times

Totally get his need to diversify mindyou, good luck to the great man

Edited by lifeson90
  • Like 2

Where's the "I don't know if it's crap, but I'm not going to buy it regardless because I'm just not interested" option? In a world of infinite reasons not to buy this album, there should be an infinite number of choices . . .

TBH I will listen to it first - not sure that it will be a musical style I am going to get into.
  • Like 1

Where's the "I don't know if it's crap, but I'm not going to buy it regardless because I'm just not interested" option? In a world of infinite reasons not to buy this album, there should be an infinite number of choices . . .

I like this choice.

What I heard did nothing for me, but good for him for pursuing music in the manner he wants to.

• Like 2

I might order it just to support Alex, even though I know going in that it will sound nothing like the Alex we've known for decades, nor is it supposed to. There might be something on there that will perk my ears up.

And when I say "support," I don't mean monetarily. Alex is doing okay for himself.

• Like 1

I might order it just to support Alex, even though I know going in that it will sound nothing like the Alex we've known for decades, nor is it supposed to. There might be something on there that will perk my ears up.

And when I say "support," I don't mean monetarily. Alex is doing okay for himself.

$35 million according to google.

• Like 1

Currently I'm not planning on buying a copy. I just have not liked what I have heard. At all. It's not that I'm a curmudgeon or was disillusioned to think it would sound anything like Rush or even Victor - but I just don't like what I've heard. It's definitely not my jam. Sorry Alex. Good for those that do enjoy it; I won't judge. But it's a "no thanks" for me.
  • Like 1

For ONE THOUSAND dollars, you get an autographed vinyl and a 30 minute Zoom call with the band. If I had the extra cash I'd pay, just to talk to Alex.

Get in your bank account before it's too late!

This is a different sound for sure. We're not getting a YYNOT record here, but i preordered anyway. I kind of like what I've heard so far.

Pretty boring and forgettable overall. The opening track should have been the lead single. It at least grabs your attention right away. Horrible choice making those other two songs the first singles. Old Strings is the best song. I don't see myself coming back to this.

I chose Earl, because I really did want his new stuff to sound like rock, something familiar.

But as I have said before, Alex gets to do exactly what he wants. I like that, a lot.

Lol! I guess I should be happy to be mentioned! :lol: I actually haven't listened yet because I'm not so much in love with Alex's side projects. But they did put out a special edition of the record where all the money goes to Ukrainian charities, so that's cool.
  • Like 1

I've listened twice and I like it. Do I put it in the playlist with Rush? No.

But it goes in between some NIN albums somewhere. Maybe as a seque into Phish. Finally .... a bridge from NIN to Phish. LOL.

Currently I'm not planning on buying a copy. I just have not liked what I have heard. At all. It's not that I'm a curmudgeon or was disillusioned to think it would sound anything like Rush or even Victor - but I just don't like what I've heard. It's definitely not my jam. Sorry Alex. Good for those that do enjoy it; I won't judge. But it's a "no thanks" for me.

Ditto. My all time favorite guitarist by a country mile and I have zero interest in this album.

Not my thing at all.

Edited by Todem

My cd came today. I've only heard it all once but I like it. I like her voice a lot. And I like their sound. Not what I was expecting.
  • Like 1