Happy 46 Birthday to 2112!

TheGhostRider

It made such an impression on me when it was released. #5 in my all time Rush album rankings.
  • Like 2

A very important album

within the Rush Catalogue

It’s ranked at No.7 for me.

The title track however is my

No.3 of their long epics

just very microscopically

behind

Xanadu & Natural Science.

It made such an impression on me when it was released. #5 in my all time Rush album rankings.

Me too, when I discovered it in the early 90s.

It's easily #1 or #2 for me, tied with MP.

And I like side 2 as much, or even more, than side 1.

A non-Rush fan friend texted me last year, "I've been listening to 2112 this week. You were right. It really is very, very good."

According to Google and other research, 2112 was released exactly 46 years ago today!

That is the official accepted date but It it seems to have actually been released two to three weeks earlier according to Billboard advertising and chart dates in 1976. I looked for thread about it here but couldn't find it. I may not have posted it on this message board.

According to Google and other research, 2112 was released exactly 46 years ago today!

That is the official accepted date but It it seems to have actually been released two to three weeks earlier according to Billboard advertising and chart dates in 1976. I looked for thread about it here but couldn't find it. I may not have posted it on this message board.

I recall reading something like March 1976 but if that's the case it's only a month off which isn't that bad.

• Like 1

I met this album when it still was fairly young. Made one hell of an impression. Still is epic. I still put it above Zep lV.
  • Like 1

We need someone that bought 2112 when it hit record stores and they kept their receipt to set the actual release date to rest.Somehow I remember snow on the ground when I bought it...but snow lingers into April so....

You may be able to check the weather forecast for that period. May be able to narrow it down further.

Also bizarre that they didn't play A Passage To Bangkok until the Hemispheres tour.

They never play Bangkok......

https://worldradiohi...-1976-04-10.pdf

small article on page 7

Canadian Industry trade magazine RPM has an ad for the record in it's April 10th issue (scroll to page 20)

and a review in it's April 17 issue (page 12)

https://worldradiohi...-1976-04-17.pdf

and on April 24th they get the cover and a feature article (page 7)

https://worldradiohi...-1976-04-24.pdf

the album enters their charts at #69 on April 24th (page 22)

Edited by taurus
  • Like 1