It's been nice knowing most of you..........

driventotheedge

even if it was online.

When I'm called an idiot and mocked for trying to express my feelings and opinion about addiction which took my brother at the far too young age of 54, something that hurts to this day and never will stop hurting, It's time to move on from this place. (page 6 of the Taylor Hawkins thread in Music of the Spheres) Obviously this is simply not the right "community" (using the term rather loosely) for me to be part of. The hate and rudeness in this world continues to be more and more difficult to deal with and I have zero interest in absorbing yet more of it here. Guess the next thing would be to call me a pussy.

I wish most of you the best.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

I am sorry you are deciding to leave driventotheedge. I have enjoyed your postings (especially all the little alphabetic songs, groups, albums etc etc. posts.)

I know you are pretty p*ssed right now, but I wish you would reconsider.

The good parts of the community - laughs, craic, a common bond, far out-weigh the negative things that sometime occur.

• Like 8

Don't let one jerk ruin your time here. Block the jerk and forget about him. He's not worth the trouble.
  • Like 9

even if it was online.

When I'm called an idiot and mocked for trying to express my feelings and opinion about addiction which took my brother at the far too young age of 54, something that hurts to this day and never will stop hurting, It's time to move on from this place. (page 6 of the Taylor Hawkins thread in Music of the Spheres) Obviously this is simply not the right "community" (using the term rather loosely) for me to be part of. The hate and rudeness in this world continues to be more and more difficult to deal with and I have zero interest in absorbing yet more of it here. Guess the next thing would be to call me a pussy.

Just seeing that exchange now. Yeah, not a fan of those replies, and I told him so, but IMO you shouldn't let one such exchange dictate whether you stay or go.

• Like 8

Don't go! I wanna hear more about the next motorcycle trip, and how Pete Carroll is ruining the Seahawks! It's good stuff!

I know that thread hit close to home for you, but just count to ten. Your absence would be felt more than you might think.

• Like 6

Don't let someone else dictate your actions.

I think the board has a lot to offer you, else you wouldn't be here in the first place. Why let someone take that from you?

It's your call, of course. But know please that it's great having you here - internet buddy. :)

• Like 3

That's the same thread where you called me "not very bright" for expressing my opinion, an opinion formed over decades of living with addicts. And stoopid had stated earlier that he himself was a recovering addict, so he has some personal insight.

No one mocked your feelings, but they did question your reasoning. Best of luck to you.

:cheers:

• Like 2

It's been great having you here! You bring a good perspective to many things. I hope that you will consider staying, but I understand you not wanting to choose rudeness. It's your call, but you would be missed. Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4

Sorry to see you go. I really enjoy your musical knowledge and posts.

Take some time away from TRF and come on back in the very near future.

Edited by custom55
  • Like 4

Whoever did that to you needs to be slapped by Will Smith. f**k that edgelord scumbucket. I would have reported them. Just put them on ignore. Silence speaks louder than words. Don't let the bastards grind you down as Bono said.

You're a good man as well and if there's any non Angels team in the AL West I'd root for, it's yours. I always root for the underdog and 2002 buried the 1995 hatchet anyways. Stay strong.

w3R1tCB.gif

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Not sure if either of these are really all that applicable to your situation, but you reminded me of them anyway:

Half of the people can be part right all of the time

Some of the people can be all right part of the time

But all the people can't be all right all the time

Yeah, mama and papa told me I was crazy to stay

I was gay in New York, which is a f** in L.A.

So I saved my money and I took a plane

Wherever I go they treat me the same

• Like 2

Sleep on it and come back and just avoid the thread and the guy.

I agree, this one bad incident shouldn't run you off. I enjoy your posts and would miss you being here. Take a break if you have to but please reconsider.

• Like 4

It is a better forum when we are all in, together.
  • Like 4

even if it was online.

Sorry to hear this. You seem a great guy, I've always enjoyed conversing with you. As limited as it is in the format. I hope you reconsider. Remember there are those who still appreciate your point of view.

• Like 2

I think it'd be cooler if you stayed.
  • Like 3