What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Nobody will put my apartment number on anything they send to me, and the post office won't deliver anything without it anymore (how I got lucky enough for them to make an exception for my Rush tix last December, I'll never know). So, I've got a reimbursement check in the mail to me that I'M NOT GONNA GET. I can't imagine what a pain this is going to be to straighten out, not to mention I'M OUT MY F****** MONEY. AARRRGGHHH.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 5 2011, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Oct 5 2011, 03:33 PM)
today, the world is just giving me the finger...

hug2.gif Hang in there...today got a lot better for me, hope tomorrow will for you!

I needed that! hug2.gif

Thank you!

I should have known something was going to go wrong when I had a good day a few days ago; I never have that much good luck. Last night, we went out for dinner at a Chinese buffet, and I had my black Rush hoodie stolen by the staff. I've ordered a new one (had to go to Ebay as the store where I bought the old one no longer has them), but I feel terrible for whatever happens to the one I had. It's also an expense I didn't need. Oh well, I should be glad they didn't steal my purse. The following is a review I've posted to a lot of restaurant review/local sites:

I had an article of clothing stolen from this restaurant and believe it was the staff who took it. When I got to my car, I realized I didn't have it and ran back inside to the table we were sitting at. It wasn't there, and the manager said it was up front. I checked with the woman at the counter, who knew what I was talking about before I even said anything, looked around for it, asked the manager where it was (he then said he didn't know, someone must have taken it), and told me she thought it had been on the coat rack, but it was now gone. By this time, my boyfriend had come back inside and asked if they were going to look for it. The woman then changed her story and said a girl had grabbed it and run out with it. I surely would have seen her leaving, as I was gone for no more than 30 seconds.

At first I thought I'd just been forgetful when I left, but the more I thought about it, I don't remember seeing it when I came back from getting food. My boyfriend, who was sitting on the other side, did not notice her take it, but said he didn't notice her take my silverware, either. She was nowhere to be found when I went back in to ask where it was.

We had no choice but to leave without it. My boyfriend called an hour or so later and asked if it had turned up and politely asked them to look again, at which point the woman laughed at him before putting the manager on, who hung up on him. My boyfriend never raised his voice, swore, or was rude to them (which is why I had him call and not me)!

I sincerely hope you won't give these people your business. If you do, do not leave belongings out of sight of the rest of your party for one second.

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 8 2011, 09:20 PM)
I should have known something was going to go wrong when I had a good day a few days ago; I never have that much good luck. Last night, we went out for dinner at a Chinese buffet, and I had my black Rush hoodie stolen by the staff. I've ordered a new one (had to go to Ebay as the store where I bought the old one no longer has them), but I feel terrible for whatever happens to the one I had. It's also an expense I didn't need. Oh well, I should be glad they didn't steal my purse. The following is a review I've posted to a lot of restaurant review/local sites:

I had an article of clothing stolen from this restaurant and believe it was the staff who took it. When I got to my car, I realized I didn't have it and ran back inside to the table we were sitting at. It wasn't there, and the manager said it was up front. I checked with the woman at the counter, who knew what I was talking about before I even said anything, looked around for it, asked the manager where it was (he then said he didn't know, someone must have taken it), and told me she thought it had been on the coat rack, but it was now gone. By this time, my boyfriend had come back inside and asked if they were going to look for it. The woman then changed her story and said a girl had grabbed it and run out with it. I surely would have seen her leaving, as I was gone for no more than 30 seconds.

At first I thought I'd just been forgetful when I left, but the more I thought about it, I don't remember seeing it when I came back from getting food. My boyfriend, who was sitting on the other side, did not notice her take it, but said he didn't notice her take my silverware, either. She was nowhere to be found when I went back in to ask where it was.

We had no choice but to leave without it. My boyfriend called an hour or so later and asked if it had turned up and politely asked them to look again, at which point the woman laughed at him before putting the manager on, who hung up on him. My boyfriend never raised his voice, swore, or was rude to them (which is why I had him call and not me)!

I sincerely hope you won't give these people your business. If you do, do not leave belongings out of sight of the rest of your party for one second.

ohmy.gif That's awful! sad.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 8 2011, 11:25 PM)

bunch of plicks!

1 of the 7, that's terrible! sad.gif I'm so sorry that happened to you! I know if I ever had my RUSH windbreaker stolen I'd be so heartbroken. And that it was likely a staff member who took it? So shameful. I'd never go back there.

Whoever took it probably thought, "Oh, it's just a little jacket," but you never know how much something means to someone...

Well, mine's largely superfluous, but it still kind of ruined my night... I went on a bike ride since it was nice outside, but cloudy. It didn't look nor feel like it was going to rain. Then, just as I'm at about the peak of my ride, about as far away from campus as I would get, the heavens opened up...

...and started pouring on me.

I was biking into the wind almost the whole ride back, really cold rain hitting my face and fogging my glasses since I didn't put my contacts in. I hate riding in the rain. Makes my brakes not feel like working quite right.

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Oct 9 2011, 07:12 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Oct 8 2011, 11:25 PM)

bunch of plicks!

I think that's terrible and disgusting that some member of staff would nick something! angry.gif How awful for you, 1 of the 7... hug2.gif

^ I'd be so upset if any of my Rush merch was missing. sad.gif I'm sorry,

I was so ill yesterday, i felt sick, had a headache, swaying, dizziness etc, i was so scared. unsure.gif

Went to the doctors today though and i have a virus which is doing something to the thing in your ear that controls your balance. (I don't do medical terms ph34r.gif )

Got tablets for it though, glad it was nothing serious though. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I keep laughing at myself going "We will call you Cygnus, The God of Balance you shall be" laugh.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 10 2011, 06:01 PM)
Thanks all. I'm sure I'll come to love the new one, but I'm sad for my old one...it should be with a real Rush fan. After this, I can't even imagine how people deal with lost pets, family members, etc.

I feel bad for you, 1 of the 7.

It takes a real low-life loser,

to take a real RUSH fan's hoodie...

Hope you get a new one soon.

no.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif angry.gif sad.gif rage.gif

Edited by go2wrk@95974

I am convinced Mother Nature has something against me, my bike, and evening rides.

Tonight I went for another ride down the trail, and guess what? Right as I got to my turning point, the same as a couple days ago when I whined about it, it started POURING. Harder than then, tonight! And then of course as soon as I pulled into the parking lot and put my bike on the rack, the rain stopped. Abruptly. No joke, guys.

Thanks, Mother Nature. Thanks.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Oct 12 2011, 06:04 AM)
I am convinced Mother Nature has something against me, my bike, and evening rides.
Tonight I went for another ride down the trail, and guess what? Right as I got to my turning point, the same as a couple days ago when I whined about it, it started POURING. Harder than then, tonight! And then of course as soon as I pulled into the parking lot and put my bike on the rack, the rain stopped. Abruptly. No joke, guys.
Thanks, Mother Nature. Thanks.

It's called 'Sod's Law'...

A certain mean-spirited thread in another area of the Forum. rage.gif