What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Lazy people at work.

They think they're taking advantage of the system, but they're also taking advantage of their co-workers.

They be scurvy lazy arseholes, says I.

:madra:

Multiply that by 32 years at a FORD factory, and I BEEN THERE, DONE THAT since day one...

http://i.imgur.com/WMwA0ko.jpg

• Like 1

Someone who abused me in the past still has a TV career.

Thanks Google.

Randomness

You have to have faith and hope

There is still goodness on this earth

There are many wonderful people

Who will recognize your true worth

Dark clouds overwhelm you but

All thunderstorms run out of rain

Whatever the tragic situation

It’s possible to be happy again

At the end of an arduous tunnel

There is always a ray of light

Just keep believing in yourself

And never give up the fight

Even if you don’t believe in God

Just know there is a higher power

A being who wants you to be happy

He is with you every single hour

He knows what you’ve been through

He hates to see you in so much pain

Help comes to those who ask

It’s possible to be happy again

Life isn’t always just or fair

People will get on your nerves

In the end everyone will get

Exactly what he deserves

9c6b464931f10675c6948a97bd179872.jpg

Seems a little frivolous after Segue's post above but..

Learning that at the weekend I will have to pay £4+ for a bottle(330ml) of beer at a wedding do when I can get probably 12 for £10 at the shop.

Also, noticed that my signed NP 3 book box set has a dented corner on the box.

These things haven't pissed me off as such, more annoyed me.

This didn't really piss me off. But we didn't have a more appropriate thread to post it in.

I went for a trim today. Asked her to take two inches off my hair. Perhaps I should have brought a ruler with me. Her two inches were more like my four inches.

The bright side is that hair grows back.

Eventually.

Edited by Lorraine

This didn't really piss me off. But we didn't have a more appropriate thread to post it in.

I went for a trim today. Asked her to take two inches off my hair. Perhaps I should have brought a ruler with me. Her two inches were more like my four inches.

The bright side is that hair grows back.

Eventually.

Oh no! That would be a shock. Most stylists seem to be the other way with me. They seem to take off less than I ask, I guess they figure they don't want to take too much and I can tell them a little bit more if it's not enough. ( I usually can't tell until I get home. :LOL: )

My son got his first time-wasting page-coloring assignment of the school year. I have no patience for teachers handing out busy work...especially as homework.

:rage:

• Like 1

My son got his first time-wasting page-coloring assignment of the school year. I have no patience for teachers handing out busy work...especially as homework.

:rage:

I thought you home schooled?

I did last year, but the Lad wanted to give grade 6 a try in public school. He's really enjoying it from a social aspect, loves seeing and being with his friends all day. And he's good,at playing school.

Dad is having a tougher time. One week in, with 30+ hours of seat time in, he has learned nothing academically. Literally, not one thing.

I saw some guys in a pickup with a gigantic Confederate flag attached to the end of it on the freeway. F**king scary. We don't need that sh*t in Canada.
  • Like 1

Local high school shooting - 1 dead and 3 injured - alleged shooter is a 15/16 year old student.

Edit: Possibly a bully situation.

Why must people needlessly antagonize and aggravate and taunt others???

Somewhere, in these idgits microscopic brains, this misbehavior PLEASES them. They feel they have POWER over another. It's the HITLER effect.

Having seen his life and how he handled what HE THOUGHT was REALITY, I'm glad The law of KARMA Rules our spirits. Whatever comes around, goes around. Whatever you DO, will come back and happen to YOU. Doubters will say, "I've seen people who've KILLED, and NO PUNISHMENT was delt out before they died. THE SPIRIT LIVES ON! Life is like a bank account. you start out with an equal balance. what you add or subtract, the balance must return to 0/0 at the end of existence in the 'All Time' sense.

If more people understood this, maybe they might make better choices, realizing they MUST PAY.

zrIFPd1.gif?1

Another expletive-filled rant. I'm getting like Liam.

I f**king hate the city I live in. I spend a lot less time and money on my looks now than I did before I moved. I basically don't give a sh*t anymore. Everyone is so mean and unfriendly where I live. I've learned not to expect anything from anyone, especially not kindness. Before I moved here, I thought only women could be frigid.

Edited by Boots
  • Like 3

Another expletive-filled rant. I'm getting like Liam.

I f**king hate the city I live in. I spend a lot less time and money on my looks now than I did before I moved. I basically don't give a sh*t anymore. Everyone is so mean and unfriendly where I live. I've learned not to expect anything from anyone, especially not kindness. Before I moved here, I thought only women could be frigid.

:LOL:

I found it hard when I moved to Toronto and Ottawa. They were cold cities and I ain't talking about the shitty winters.

While many people from Ontario are swell and nice and wonderful, there are some with sticks lodged firmly up their fundaments.

I find this especially with public servants. When I first started working in the gov't, I would say "hello" to anyone who made eye contact for longer than a second. Silly me! I didn't know that people would NOT say "hello" back.

I still say it although I'll sometimes add a jaunty-sounding "ok I'll just go f*ck myself then" if there's no reply. That usually breaks the ice!

Same with holding doors for people here. It's about 50% of the time that you get a "thank-you" (or even a smile) but I still can't allow the door to slam in someone else's face, even though they might do the same to me. And don't get me started on the mean-spirited drivers here!

[joke: Q: How do you make an Ottawa driver speed up? A: Attempt to pass them.]

It can be hard to meet people in a new city and I have no useful advice for you that you wouldn't know already.

I was able to make friends through musical contacts, and by being somewhat determined at work.

And after 25 years, I can proudly say that I have several work friends.

Yes, that means 3. :LOL:

Good luck and try not to let it get you down. People are just f*cking weird sometimes.

Edited by vaportrailer
  • Like 3

A malfunctioning traffic light.

I was going straight, and only the turn arrow would switch to green, despite no turning traffic from the other direction. I waited a cycle and it didn't change again, so I just ran it.

In general, American traffic controls suck compared to other countries I've driven in.

• Like 1

People who flood the board in an attempt to push down my thread. I'm not stupid.

The women at Stephen King's website are a lot nicer to me than the ones at TRF.

Edited by Boots

People who flood the board in an attempt to push down my thread. I'm not stupid.

Stupid? No.

Paranoid? Yes.

I seriously doubt anyone here is planning, "Ohhh I'm gonna flood the board in order to push Boots' thread down." Besides, all you have to do is post in your own thread and it's right back at the top.

Come on, think about it.

• Like 3