What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Been invited to a barbeque party this weekend and a night in town with some friends. We are in the midst of figuring out the details, and I suggested we each bring our own meat, and share on whatever else we need. Simple I think. It now seems that a little fuss is being kicked up about it, and now I'm really not feeling it. I know I'm no walk in the park sometimes, and probably quick to judge, but I just find such social discrepancies extremely tiresome and not worth my time. I know when I'm in this mood I will be hostile and difficult, so I'm really not sure if I should go drinking with them, unless I can calm down.

Or maybe I'm in a particular gloomy mood tonight and would benefit from a good nights sleep.

Analog, what did you decide to do - go or stay home?

I've decided to give it a chance. If they want to play all these drunken challenges (as I believe they have a habit of) I can count my blessings that I'm incredibly stubborn. Or I could step out of my comfort zone and see where it takes me :)

When I was younger people would make me do stuff to mock me, and I guess that carried over into my adult life. Guess that's why I can be reluctant.

Don't be foolish. Count your blessings but leave the stupidity to them.

• Like 1

The barbecue went well and we had a blast in town. I'm really hungover today but I'm glad I went. I almost started making a scene but that was my own fault being tired and drunk.

Now it's time for Formula 1 :)

• Like 3

Glad to hear you had a good time, for the most part!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/WooHoo%202%20banana.gif

• Like 1

I have been harassed online twice this week :rage:

Get off it then

• Like 1

This girl at work just WON’T. SHUT. UP. I’m a very patient person, but it’s getting on my nerves. Every time she sees me, it’s: “Oh, hello. How’re you doing? What time you goin’ home? Oh, I go home at [time]. So how is it today? Ooh, guess what happened over in [insert store location]? Yeah, that’s really weird!” And then she’ll proceed to start a full-on conversation! In the middle of my shift! I try to wrap things up, but she just goes on, and on, and on. And, of course, this happened last night while a manager was walking by my section, so all he saw me doing was talking and not working! I was trying to end the discussion, but she just wouldn’t stop. Doesn’t this girl have work she should be doing? Drives me nuts! Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

This girl at work just WON’T. SHUT. UP. I’m a very patient person, but it’s getting on my nerves. Every time she sees me, it’s: “Oh, hello. How’re you doing? What time you goin’ home? Oh, I go home at [time]. So how is it today? Ooh, guess what happened over in [insert store location]? Yeah, that’s really weird!” In the middle of my shift! She just goes on, and on, and on. Doesn’t she have work she should be doing? Drives me nuts.

Man that sucks, i'm sorry

This girl at work just WON’T. SHUT. UP. I’m a very patient person, but it’s getting on my nerves. Every time she sees me, it’s: “Oh, hello. How’re you doing? What time you goin’ home? Oh, I go home at [time]. So how is it today? Ooh, guess what happened over in [insert store location]? Yeah, that’s really weird!” And then she’ll proceed to start a full-on conversation! In the middle of my shift! I try to wrap things up, but she just goes on, and on, and on. And, of course, this happened last night while a manager was walking by my section, so all he saw me doing was talking and not working! I was trying to end the discussion, but she just wouldn’t stop. Doesn’t this girl have work she should be doing? Drives me nuts!

Maybe she's into you? ;)

• Like 2

This girl at work just WON’T. SHUT. UP. I’m a very patient person, but it’s getting on my nerves. Every time she sees me, it’s: “Oh, hello. How’re you doing? What time you goin’ home? Oh, I go home at [time]. So how is it today? Ooh, guess what happened over in [insert store location]? Yeah, that’s really weird!” And then she’ll proceed to start a full-on conversation! In the middle of my shift! I try to wrap things up, but she just goes on, and on, and on. And, of course, this happened last night while a manager was walking by my section, so all he saw me doing was talking and not working! I was trying to end the discussion, but she just wouldn’t stop. Doesn’t this girl have work she should be doing? Drives me nuts!

:LOL:

I hate sh** like that.

Maybe she's into you? ;)

:whipgirl:

Maybe she's into you? ;)

I should clarify that she’s just like that with everybody. Still, it ticks me off.

And if she is into me, I regret to inform her that the feeling is unreciprocated.

I hate sh** like that.

Liar.

At the start of such female interaction, you spread your lanky fish legs faster than I can say "trout". :LOL:

• Like 2

Maybe she's into you? ;)

I should clarify that she’s just like that with everybody. Still, it ticks me off.

And if she is into me, I regret to inform her that the feeling is unreciprocated.

Imagine how much she would talk in an relationship :blink:. She would wear you down before the week was over! The good thing about people who talk a lot is that you can talk less. I tend to start daydreaming, when someone is talking my ear off. If possible then keep moving, get that thousand yard stare going (if you're not already doing that) or maybe have some earbuds in.

Or you can take the hardest but most effective solution, and tell her she talks too much and it's interferring with your work.

Btw, having music in your ears may not work after all. I can't count the times people have bothered me when I have my earbuds in. Shouldn't that be a hint?

Maybe she's into you? ;)

Imagine how much she would talk in an relationship :blink:. She would wear you down before the week was over! The good thing about people who talk a lot is that you can talk less. I tend to start daydreaming, when someone is talking my ear off. If possible then keep moving, get that thousand yard stare going (if you're not already doing that) or maybe have some earbuds in.

Or you can take the hardest but most effective solution, and tell her she talks too much and it's interferring with your work.

Btw, having music in your ears may not work after all. I can't count the times people have bothered me when I have my earbuds in. Shouldn't that be a hint?

Thanks for the tips, TAG. :). But the earbuds definitely won’t work. I saw her yank someone’s out the other day.

I think there’s something going on with her. Like…autistic spectrum, maybe? She doesn’t know when to stop, and she has some sort of impediment that makes her r’s sound like w’s. So, not only is she talking a mile a minute—I can’t understand half of what she’s saying! :laughing guy: But, I don’t know. I almost want to feel sorry for her.

Edited by Disk98
  • Like 2

Maybe she's into you? ;)

Thanks for the tips, TAG. :). But the earbuds definitely won’t work. I saw her yank someone’s out the other day.

I think there’s something going on with her. Like…autistic spectrum, maybe? She doesn’t know when to stop, and she has some sort of impediment that makes her r’s sound like w’s. So, not only is she talking a mile a minute—I can’t understand half of what she’s saying! :laughing guy: But, I don’t know. I almost want to feel sorry for her.

If she would have jerked out MY ear buds, I would have hit her in the nose. She needs to be sent to Human Resources and reported.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20orange%20mad.gif

I hate sh** like that.

Liar.

At the start of such female interaction, you spread your lanky fish legs faster than I can say "trout". :LOL:

:laughing guy:

Been there done that!! :codger: :D

• Like 1

So, I’m in the break room right now having lunch. She walked up to me a couple minutes ago and started her babbling, and I told her I’m not in the mood today. So, she said, “Oh, yeah, I understand.”

And then she plopped her stuff down and sat next to me, and continued yapping! Thank goodness someone else offered to sit with her, otherwise I would have given her a piece of my mind.

I don’t hate her. She appears to have a mental affliction; it isn’t her fault. But is it wrong to want to sock her in the mouth? (I would never actually do it, but you know what I mean.)

Edited by Disk98

So, I’m in the break room right now having lunch. She walked up to me a couple minutes ago and started her babbling, and I told her I’m not in the mood today. So, she said, “Oh, yeah, I understand.”

And then she plopped her stuff down and sat next to me, and continued yapping! Thank goodness someone else offered to sit with her, otherwise I would have given her a piece of my mind.

I don’t hate her. She appears to have a mental affliction; it isn’t her fault. But is it wrong to want to sock her in the mouth? (I would never actually do it, but you know what I mean.)

I know where you're coming from, exactly. I used to work somewhere with a very similar type of woman. Once she got started, she would just talk and talk. We would get a 15 minute break and she made me late the first week I worked there. The other employees told me , "Forget about being rude, you just have to walk away mid sentence!"

You are kind to be tolerant of her. I wish I had better suggestions; all I can say is maybe throw Sports Ill. In with your lunch and say "Sorry, reading today," or if she grabs you on the floor, say, "Gotta get back to work." My advice after working with the other person 7 years is walk away if you need to! (And our manager was aware of her. . . yours might be too.)

• Like 1

Here's the perfect song for her:

• Like 2

Asperger's possibly. If so, being annoyed with what she's doing is like being annoyed with someone for coughing when they have a serious cold.

• Like 1

I hate sh** like that.

Liar.

I read that as "Been there done her!!" :codger: :P

• Like 1

I hate sh** like that.

Liar.

I read that as "Been there done her!!" :codger: :P

Days gone by. :D

• Like 2