What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

$1300 for brake pads and rotors on my car. That's both axles.

It doesn't really piss me off or anything...I expected it was going to need those; I just didn't think it would cost quite that much.

Oh well. Such is life. I got 117K miles out of the original set, so :huh:

Josh, did you have this done at the dealer ?? ... You've got a newer Charger, right ??

Did they break down the cost as far as parts and labor ?

Yeah, it's a 2010. The rotors on the rear are vented- $135 per side (but the front rotors are not vented, and they're the same price). The rear pads are $129, front pads $99. Flush and fill of the brake fluid, too.

It would be great to know how to do it myself- but bleeding the calipers properly and putting everything back together correctly is above my gear-head pay grade. :LOL:

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

It doesn't really piss me off or anything...I expected it was going to need those; I just didn't think it would cost quite that much.

It's mostly the labor cost. Do you have a friend who can work on your vehicle instead?

No, I really don't. I only have a couple of friends. And unfortunately, they don't work on cars.

The parts came to a little less than $800, but the labor is the rest, yeah.

I didn't see this when I posted the above post

Are there sensors that go along with the brake ??

Yep, I'm sure of it.

It's mostly the labor cost. Do you have a friend who can work on your vehicle instead?

No, I really don't. I only have a couple of friends. And unfortunately, they don't work on cars.

Yep, I'm sure of it.

117k is really good, so if you can get close to that again, then that's great

Brakes with the sensors can require some more labor

• Like 1

Yep, I'm sure of it.

117k is really good, so if you can get close to that again, then that's great

Brakes with the sensors can require some more labor

Oh yeah, it is. That car is doing a yeoman's work, and it still runs really, really well.

The suspension and the whole front end (chassis parts, I mean) is all original, too, and all of those things are still fine.

The only work I've ever had done to it up until now is when I had the water pump and timing chain replaced, about three years ago. And it's on its second set of tires right now. But that's it.

• Like 2

At work today, I was the only one in my department, and management had the nerve to wait SIX AND A HALF HOURS before they gave me a break. And I worked a nine hour shift! Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1

At work today, I was the only one in my department, and management had the nerve to wait SIX AND A HALF HOURS before they gave me a break. And I worked a nine hour shift!

Dude, that is a big time no no as far as the labor laws go.I would let it slide this time..If it continues, I would contact the department of labor about the situation.

• Like 1

Air-conditioning is making noise so I'm having somebody come out to look at it. Hopefully it doesn't cost a ton of money to get fixed.
  • Like 1

The person who couldn't be bothered slowing down to let the quail cross the road. Consequently, he caught one under his car and injured it. It was sitting in the middle of the road stunned. If left there, it would probably have gotten run over, so I stopped my car and ran across the road and picked the quail up and deposited it on a lawn.

When I was coming back from the store, I didn't see it there, so hopefully it recovered and went on to join the rest of his quail family.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Snowflakes, this has got to stop.

https://apnews.com/1...k-class-ranking

Wimps are on the rise.

It's really getting out of hand.

Do we have to all sink to the lowest common denominator so no one ever feels left out?

It was starting to emerge this way when I was in school.

I remember moving school, and I was put in all the "bottom" classes. Really hated it. Kids were generally rowdier, either less smart or they just didn't care. I worked myself stupid to change my classes and in months I got to the top classes of most subjects.

To say all should be treated "equal" is ridiculous.

Many kids, like me, learn to work harder in order to rise above and it should stay that way.

• Like 3

Wimps are on the rise.

Do we have to all sink to the lowest common denominator so no one ever feels left out?

That's the goal with no end in sight.

I hope I don't live to see it, but things are going downhill at such a rapid rate that I probably will.

• Like 2

Wimps are on the rise.

I remember moving school, and I was put in all the "bottom" classes. Really hated it. Kids were generally rowdier, either less smart or they just didn't care. I worked myself stupid to change my classes and in months I got to the top classes of most subjects.

Many kids, like me, learn to work harder in order to rise above and it should stay that way.

It started before that. But I agree with you're point.

• Like 1

Wimps are on the rise.

Of that I have no doubt but I remember between years 9 and 11 it was getting really noticeable.

• Like 2

Wimps are on the rise.

Of that I have no doubt but I remember between years 9 and 11 it was getting really noticeable.

I graduated in '76, {Yeah, the Bicentennial, so our 'class Colors were Red, White and Blue, of course} but it had started in a very small way, even then. Listening to my past the way I do every night, it's really strange to see the past different than I perceived it at the time.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Chocolate%20milk%20sm.png

• Like 1

The person who couldn't be bothered slowing down to let the quail cross the road. Consequently, he caught one under his car and injured it. It was sitting in the middle of the road stunned. If left there, it would probably have gotten run over, so I stopped my car and ran across the road and picked the quail up and deposited it on a lawn.

When I was coming back from the store, I didn't see it there, so hopefully it recovered and went on to join the rest of his quail family.

That Jerk needed to have their tires slashed, Spare tire too.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/sniper%20banana.gif

• Like 1

Wimps are on the rise.

I graduated in '76, {Yeah, the Bicentennial, so our 'class Colors were Red, White and Blue, of course} but it had started in a very small way, even then. Listening to my past the way I do every night, it's really strange to see the past different than I perceived it at the time.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Chocolate%20milk%20sm.png

It wasn't like that when I was in school. It was stiff competition. There was only one winner. And no consolation prizes for the losers. No safe spaces. No one worried whether our self-esteem had been harmed. No play-doh or coloring books were distributed. No counselors available in case we needed to talk about how it all made us "feel."

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Wimps are on the rise.

It wasn't like that when I was in school. It was stiff competition. There was only one winner. And no consolation prizes for the losers. No safe spaces. No one worried whether our self-esteem had been harmed. No play-doh or coloring books were distributed. No counselors available in case we needed to talk about how it all made us "feel."

It is quite sad isn't it?

• Like 2

Wimps are on the rise.

It is quite sad isn't it?

It is. It's pathetic.

• Like 2

Some customer at work thought she could use a Verizon SIM card on an AT&T phone. I told her she couldn’t and she started mouthing off at me. :boo hiss: Edited by Disk98
  • Like 1