What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

At work last night, I crossed paths with an older guy who also works there. He very obviously stared at my breasts then looked up at my face and said, "how's my little sex goddess doing tonight?" :eyeroll: I wouldn't have expected him to be so bold with me, especially given my senior position...and the fact that I have a reputation for handing people's asses to them! ( :angel: ) I certainly proceeded accordingly and handed his ass to him...but since he's done this to me, it's quite possible that he's behaving similarly toward people who may regard him as an authority figure and would not be comfortable handling him as I did. Nobody should have to deal with that shit.

Ugh. The worst! I'm glad you were able to give him a piece of your mind, but guys like that are so frustrating because what they really need is a brain transplant or something.

You can't fix stupid. All you can do is treat him like the creep that he is.

He learned that crappy behavior somewhere along the line so he can unlearn it too.

Exactly. And I'm quite happy to redirect him along that path :LOL:

• Like 1

London has just been attacked again. My best friend was out tonight in one of the areas that got hit. We talk all the time. We never stop. She isnt responding and no one in her family is replying but theyve read my messages and I am freaking out so had

I hope everyone is ok on your end. I know people died, such a sad state of affairs.

At work last night, I crossed paths with an older guy who also works there. He very obviously stared at my breasts then looked up at my face and said, "how's my little sex goddess doing tonight?" :eyeroll: I wouldn't have expected him to be so bold with me, especially given my senior position...and the fact that I have a reputation for handing people's asses to them! ( :angel: ) I certainly proceeded accordingly and handed his ass to him...but since he's done this to me, it's quite possible that he's behaving similarly toward people who may regard him as an authority figure and would not be comfortable handling him as I did. Nobody should have to deal with that shit.

I'm really sorry to hear this, bean. I'm sure you handled the whole situation well.

You should also have him formally reprimanded for sexual harassment...if not fired.

Ugh. The worst! I'm glad you were able to give him a piece of your mind, but guys like that are so frustrating because what they really need is a brain transplant or something.

Thank you, my two "blue" friends! I did escalate the matter accordingly, mostly to kick-start his required re-education as well as for the sake of others who may receive this treatment from him but not be in a position to address it like I did.

Beanie, that is awesome. I'm glad you work somewhere that takes sexual harassment so seriously.

• Like 1

Sexual harassment is something I get daily. You have to stand your ground. It's not fair but...that is life.

You did great to not tolerate it!!

Thanks, Segue. I'm really sorry that it's a daily occurrence for you!

London has just been attacked again. My best friend was out tonight in one of the areas that got hit. We talk all the time. We never stop. She isnt responding and no one in her family is replying but theyve read my messages and I am freaking out so had

And I'm especially sorry to hear this. I hope that she is unharmed, and that you will soon have confirmation that she is safe :hug2:

I'm so glad to see that YOU are ok. We are just getting news of it over here. Fingers crossed your friend is being questioned or something along those lines, where she hasn't been able to communicate with you and family yet.

Go directly to Management and HR and demand that he be held accountable. No mercy.

I am management, though outside of his direct chain of command :LOL: I went a few levels above him within his own chain of command--I don't mess around :madra:

Oh my.....he said something like that to someone in Management? He must have a deathwish! :crazy:

Go directly to Management and HR and demand that he be held accountable. No mercy.

I am management, though outside of his direct chain of command :LOL: I went a few levels above him within his own chain of command--I don't mess around :madra:

Oh my.....he said something like that to someone in Management? He must have a deathwish! :crazy:

Oh my indeed. The audacity is certainly part of the reason for my concern that others may be receiving similar treatment from him.

Pissed off and sad at the same time. I have been diagnosed with a certain medical condition. I have been instructed not to drive, work and rest as much as possible.Further tests will be this Tuesday.

Pissed off and sad at the same time. I have been diagnosed with a certain medical condition. I have been instructed not to drive, work and rest as much as possible.Further tests will be this Tuesday.

I'm sorry to hear this, troutman. My best wishes to you :hug2:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of this Trouter. I will be thinking of you in your time of need and sending well wishes your way. Stay in touch with the board and blast some tunes for good measure.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear this, troutman. My best wishes to you :hug2:

Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of this Trouter. I will be thinking of you in your time of need and sending well wishes your way. Stay in touch with the board and blast some tunes for good measure.

Basically,

I have an enlarged heart. The doctors pretty much believe that I have had it my entire life. This past Friday they hooked me up to all of these wires.Did a chest X -ray, some blood tests. High blood pressure runs in the family as well. I sure hope there is some good news on Tuesday.

Basically,

I have an enlarged heart. The doctors pretty much believe that I have had it my entire life. This past Friday they hooked me up to all of these wires.Did a chest X -ray, some blood tests. High blood pressure runs in the family as well. I sure hope there is some good news on Tuesday.

Try to stay positive Gregor! Maybe it can be controlled through medication. One thing that is sure ... everyone at TRF knows that you have a genuinely huge and true heart.

This subforum just blew me away with all I caught up with today. I just don't know how to reply to some of it. Communication is a good start, followed by listening and understanding. I'm not having a particularly great year either but on the good news side ... my son is getting married. Take care ... I will see you in MOTS!

Edited by Tinwoodsman
  • Like 1

Basically,

Try to stay positive Gregor! Maybe it can be controlled through medication. One thing that is sure ... everyone at TRF knows that you have a genuinely huge and true heart.

This subforum just blew me away with all I caught up with today. I just don't know how to reply to some of it. Communication is a good start, followed by listening and understanding. I'm not having a particularly great year either but on the good news side ... my son is getting married. Take care ... I will see you in MOTS!

They put me on five different medications until Tuesday. Just have to wait and see.what the other results are.I try to stay positive as much as possible. It's the unknown that really bothers me.Any way, Just listening to some old classics :cheers:

• Like 1

My friend, I will keep you in my prayers.

Take good care of yourself please.

:hug2:

• Like 2

My friend, I will keep you in my prayers.

Take good care of yourself please.

:hug2:

Thanks. :)

• Like 1

Basically,

They put me on five different medications until Tuesday. Just have to wait and see.what the other results are.I try to stay positive as much as possible. It's the unknown that really bothers me.Any way, Just listening to some old classics :cheers:

Sad to hear this, Troutman...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angrybanana.gif

• Like 1

Ok this is kind of funny...

So I am a barista.

So I use steaming tools and all day I'm surrounded by machines that spout boiling water.

So I am cleaning the steam wand. Accidentally turn it on...it is aimed at my crotch and scolded right through...

...i have a really...blistery...manhood...

And then? Well I panic and go to fetch cold water...........

Dropped a jug of boiling milk all down my leg.....

Annnnnnnnnnnd...

Proceeded to walk into another barista who was making a thick hot chocolate which...lo and behold...goes all down my front and burns to my chest...going hard as it rapidly cools.

I look like Deadpool haha

This was all in like ten seconds

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Sorry this happened to you Segue! I had a friend who sloshed hot oil on the back of his right hand in the summer of '74, he worked at a local Chicken and Fish place and had a blister that covered the back of said hand. About an inch of air under the risen skin....his family was out of town, so my Sister and I took him to the emergency room. Later, I spent the night at his house, and we had Courvoisier Cognac that night! I have a tape of that night...we were waiting for his dad to return from a cargo flight from Mexico. Had a great time listening to music and some TV!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Headphones%20and%20vinyl%20album%20sm.jpeg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

I've been remodeling my basement for two months. For the first time today, I hit my finger with a hammer. :rage: :rage:
  • Like 1