What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

pitchoobuh

:banana:

Edited by OldRUSHfan

I went to art school for 6 years. I hate it when people refer to musicians, writers or actors as artists. I actually find it irritating. Edited by Boots

I went to art school for 6 years. I hate it when people refer to musicians, writers or actors as artists. I actually find it irritating.

Then you probably hate this too:

art·ist

/ˈärdəst/

noun

1. a person who practices any of the various creative arts, such as a sculptor, novelist, musician, poet, or filmmaker .... a person who creates art

art

/ärt/

noun

noun: art; plural noun: arts; plural noun: the arts

1. the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

•works produced by human creative skill and imagination.

2. the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

I went to art school for 6 years. I hate it when people refer to musicians, writers or actors as artists. I actually find it irritating.

art·ist

/ˈärdəst/

noun

1. a person who practices any of the various creative arts, such as a sculptor, novelist, musician, poet, or filmmaker .... a person who creates art

art

/ärt/

noun

1. the exp<b></b>ression or application of human creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

2. the various branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance.

Of course.

The word "artist" is broad and encompasses all sorts of fields/disciplines.

I might find it irritating if SPECIFIC people such as Orlando Bloom and Axl Rose are lavished with praise and are called artists...but that's only because I think their ART is crap. No matter how horrible I think they are, they do work in creative fields and rightly deserve to be called artists.

Some of the exhibits at the MoMA in NYC stretch far beyond paintings, sculptures, and other traditionally labeled art forms. Film is represented there and is without any doubt, an art form. But don't get me wrong, Michael Bay is a very VERY shitty filmmaker or....artist.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 4

art·ist

/ˈärdəst/

noun

art

/ärt/

noun

1. the exp<b></b>ression or application of human creative skill and imagination, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.

I'll avoid comments here. ;)

• Like 2

art·ist

/ˈärdəst/

noun

art

/ärt/

noun

Of course.

I might find it irritating if SPECIFIC people such as Orlando Bloom and Axl Rose are lavished with praise and are called artists...but that's only because I think their ART is crap. No matter how horrible I think they are, they do work in creative fields and rightly deserve to be called artists.

Some of the exhibits at the MoMA in NYC stretch far beyond paintings, sculptures, and other traditionally labeled art forms. Film is represented there and is without any doubt, an art form. But don't get me wrong, Michael Bay is a very VERY shitty filmmaker or....artist.

**Not every person taken as artist**, exposed as artist is really... an artist.

Meanwhile there are people who are truly commited to their true and beautiful Art and...

Are unrecognized and underrated.

:yes:

• Like 3

art·ist

/ˈärdəst/

noun

art

/ärt/

noun

Of course.

Meanwhile there are people who are truly commited to their true and beautiful Art and...

I think you're straying from Boots' original post.

Should novelists and poets be considered artists? Yes.

Filmmakers and actors? Yes.

This is all I'm saying and pretty much what I'm guessing Lucas is saying too.

• Like 1

art·ist

/ˈärdəst/

noun

art

/ärt/

noun

Of course.

I think you're straying from Boots' original post.

Should novelists and poets be considered artists? Yes.

Filmmakers and actors? Yes.

This is all I'm saying and pretty much what I'm guessing Lucas is saying too.

I agree with you and Lucas. Too.

• Like 2

I do comprehend poetry, writing, pottery, etching, woodcarving, music, painting, drawing, acting, dancing, jewelry and lots of manifestations as Art too.

Of course Leonard Cohen is an artist.

David Bowie too.

• Like 2

At work last night, I crossed paths with an older guy who also works there. He very obviously stared at my breasts then looked up at my face and said, "how's my little sex goddess doing tonight?" :eyeroll: I wouldn't have expected him to be so bold with me, especially given my senior position...and the fact that I have a reputation for handing people's asses to them! ( :angel: ) I certainly proceeded accordingly and handed his ass to him...but since he's done this to me, it's quite possible that he's behaving similarly toward people who may regard him as an authority figure and would not be comfortable handling him as I did. Nobody should have to deal with that shit.
  • Like 2

At work last night, I crossed paths with an older guy who also works there. He very obviously stared at my breasts then looked up at my face and said, "how's my little sex goddess doing tonight?" :eyeroll: I wouldn't have expected him to be so bold with me, especially given my senior position...and the fact that I have a reputation for handing people's asses to them! ( :angel: ) I certainly proceeded accordingly and handed his ass to him...but since he's done this to me, it's quite possible that he's behaving similarly toward people who may regard him as an authority figure and would not be comfortable handling him as I did. Nobody should have to deal with that shit.

Just Your foot into his BALLS AS HARD AS YOU CAN is what this turd deserved.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angrybanana.gif

• Like 1

When I arrived at work this morning, I realized that I'd left my planner, with all of my printed reports, all my notes, everything work-related that I use- at home. I had to drive all the way back, as soon as I'd arrived, to go get it.

I'm really sorry to hear this, bean. I'm sure you handled the whole situation well.

You should also have him formally reprimanded for sexual harassment...if not fired.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

Go directly to Management and HR and demand that he be held accountable. No mercy.

• Like 4

Ugh. The worst! I'm glad you were able to give him a piece of your mind, but guys like that are so frustrating because what they really need is a brain transplant or something.

• Like 1

Ugh. The worst! I'm glad you were able to give him a piece of your mind, but guys like that are so frustrating because what they really need is a brain transplant or something.

You can't fix stupid. All you can do is treat him like the creep that he is.

You can't fix stupid. All you can do is treat him like the creep that he is.

He learned that crappy behavior somewhere along the line so he can unlearn it too.

• Like 3

Sexual harassment is something I get daily. You have to stand your ground. It's not fair but...that is life.

You did great to not tolerate it!!

• Like 2

London has just been attacked again. My best friend was out tonight in one of the areas that got hit. We talk all the time. We never stop. She isnt responding and no one in her family is replying but theyve read my messages and I am freaking out so had

Just Your foot into his BALLS AS HARD AS YOU CAN is what this turd deserved.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angrybanana.gif

Your grumpy banana gif is awesome! I appreciate your enthusiasm but the move you recommended is one I reserve for pretty dire situations. I must use force responsibly :LOL:

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear this, bean. I'm sure you handled the whole situation well.

You should also have him formally reprimanded for sexual harassment...if not fired.

Thank you, my two "blue" friends! I did escalate the matter accordingly, mostly to kick-start his required re-education as well as for the sake of others who may receive this treatment from him but not be in a position to address it like I did.

• Like 4

Go directly to Management and HR and demand that he be held accountable. No mercy.

I am management, though outside of his direct chain of command :LOL: I went a few levels above him within his own chain of command--I don't mess around :madra:

• Like 3