What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Strategicaly saved the Almond Joys all night, carefully keeping them in the sides of the candy cauldron as I handed out piles of Snickers, Reeses, KitKats, and M&Ms to kids. And then...

...the Lad gets gets home from trick-or-treating...doorbell rings and a group of seven kids greets us. The Brat formerly known as the Lad fills their bags with fistfuls of my precious Almond Joys!

Nooooooo...!!!!

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

We are getting new doors and windows and the hubby decides that I have to be here with strangers in my house. By myself. For 4 days.

Strategicaly saved the Almond Joys all night, carefully keeping them in the sides of the candy cauldron as I handed out piles of Snickers, Reeses, KitKats, and M&Ms to kids. And then...

...the Lad gets gets home from trick-or-treating...doorbell rings and a group of seven kids greets us. The Brat formerly known as the Lad fills their bags with fistfuls of my precious Almond Joys!

Nooooooo...!!!!

Bwa hahahahaha! I guess I would be on your brat list as well ! My husband did the same thing with Kit Kat bars. There were 2 bags; regular and triple chocolate Kit Kats (who knew?) He told me to put out only the one bag as he wanted the "extra chocolate" Kit Kats for himself. I didn't even realize the two bags were different and saved him an "extra" chocolate bag of Kit Kats (regular). Boy, was he disappointed ! :facepalm:

• Like 2

We are getting new doors and windows and the hubby decides that I have to be here with strangers in my house. By myself. For 4 days.

You should be warm and comfy when winter comes- but yeah, that happens to me also. Not my favorite. No matter what I've been through with other repair guys, they always want to know stuff I don't know, like how many feet of gutter or something weird. When we sold our old house, we had a termite inspector that forgot his lunch and asked me to make him a PB and J sandwich. He was about 70, so I did! I was a little afraid he would get weak if I didn't! :)

• Like 2

Nooooooo...!!!!

Bwa hahahahaha! I guess I would be on your brat list as well ! My husband did the same thing with Kit Kat bars. There were 2 bags; regular and triple chocolate Kit Kats (who knew?) He told me to put out only the one bag as he wanted the "extra chocolate" Kit Kats for himself. I didn't even realize the two bags were different and saved him an "extra" chocolate bag of Kit Kats (regular). Boy, was he disappointed ! :facepalm:

:LOL:

After a tense and fitful night's sleep, all is well in our home. This morning, our neighbor left a baggy of Almond Joys at our doorstep. Last night trick or treating, The Lad had mentioned to her that we love them. What a great kid!

• Like 4

You should be warm and comfy when winter comes- but yeah, that happens to me also. Not my favorite. No matter what I've been through with other repair guys, they always want to know stuff I don't know, like how many feet of gutter or something weird. When we sold our old house, we had a termite inspector that forgot his lunch and asked me to make him a PB and J sandwich. He was about 70, so I did! I was a little afraid he would get weak if I didn't! :)

You are very kind. I haven't offered food yet. I may do that tomorrow ...
  • Like 1

A full bladder...[think Astronaut]

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Cold%20banana.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Not really pissed me off, just an unending annoyance...

Stereotypes that locals have regarding westerners especially Americans. I don't care about guns, I don't like McDonald's, I don't eat steak or hamburgers every day, and I don't dislike sushi.

I don't know about you, but I'm always happy when I'm mistaken as a non-American while travelling because that means I don't fit the stereotype.

• Like 1

Stereotypes that locals have regarding westerners especially Americans. I don't care about guns, I don't like McDonald's, I don't eat steak or hamburgers every day, and I don't dislike sushi.

I don't know about you, but I'm always happy when I'm mistaken as a non-American while travelling because that means I don't fit the stereotype.

Traveling is different. Those stereotypes end when the vacation ends. I've lived here over a decade and they don't stop even though I'm acquainted with half of the people feeding me these stereotypes. Believe me, there's no way you'd like this stuff because not all of it is just lack of experience/knowledge. There's a lot of backhanded (compliment) stuff being spewed. And it's not just what is said, it's HOW it's said (which I can't accurately demonstrate in type). My skin's pretty thick but some of this bullshit got old ages ago.

Nooooooo...!!!!

After a tense and fitful night's sleep, all is well in our home. This morning, our neighbor left a baggy of Almond Joys at our doorstep. Last night trick or treating, The Lad had mentioned to her that we love them. What a great kid!

I like the Mounds bars also...in fact, I wish they made Almond joys with dark chocolate! There's a news Ice cream that's available in this area, that has coconut flakes in it, dark chocolate chips and Almonds in it, and IT'S HEAVENLY!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Joyful%20bouncing%20banana.gif

• Like 1

^^^ Probably a Democrat.

:P

Nooooooo...!!!!

I like the Mounds bars also...in fact, I wish they made Almond joys with dark chocolate! There's a news Ice cream that's available in this area, that has coconut flakes in it, dark chocolate chips and Almonds in it, and IT'S HEAVENLY!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Joyful%20bouncing%20banana.gif

Sounds delicious!
  • Like 1

Traveling is different. Those stereotypes end when the vacation ends. I've lived here over a decade and they don't stop even though I'm acquainted with half of the people feeding me these stereotypes. Believe me, there's no way you'd like this stuff because not all of it is just lack of experience/knowledge. There's a lot of backhanded (compliment) stuff being spewed. And it's not just what is said, it's HOW it's said (which I can't accurately demonstrate in type). My skin's pretty thick but some of this bullshit got old ages ago.

:( :hug2:

• Like 2

Nooooooo...!!!!

Sounds delicious!

It IS! I only buy ice cream once every few months....it's my one addiction...I know it's not really good for me, but every once in a while i HAVE TO HAVE SOME!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Cold%20Banana%20see%20breath.gif

Just moved last Monday into my new flat. Today I see the nosy neighbour going through my recycle bin and moving stuff to the garbage bin. Then she pulls an old camera manual I had thrown out and puts it through my mail slot. Coffee grounds and all. WTF? Get out of my bins you old biddy.
  • Like 2

I have an ear infection. It was a side effect of an ordinary head cold. It's affecting my hearing. I hope I don't go deaf.

Murphy's Law pissed me off today............BIG TIME.

Murphy's Law # 137: The weekend you go to Las Vegas will be the same weekend during which your old flame from college comes to town. She wants to see you again after many years, and you will have to tell her NO. Of all the weekends she had to pick to come to town, it has to be THIS ONE.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: